Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Barehanded Brother posted:

Still doesn't mean he can't come back though, due to shenanigans. Maybe they all feel bad for him or Charming needs him and so they open Pandora's Box to get him out, giving us a whole slew of new Big Bads to deal with when Pan is gone.

Kind of rooting for that to happen now actually

That's almost definitely what will happen. The first two seasons could use Regina and Gold as villains, but they're pretty much "anti-heroes" at this point. Pan was brought in as a straight villain for S3, but "opening Pandora's Box" is a good device to introduce new conflict and new characters. My money's on this happening for the midseason finale.

Also, there's the likelihood this would be Greek myth-based. Minotaurs, seers, sirens, Odysseus, Achilles, Calypso, Icarus, etc. Where there's public domain IP available, Once Upon a Time will surely follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

johntfs posted:

Remind them that adult Rumpel reacts poorly to teasing and might come out of the television to rip their hearts out while snickering and calling them "dearie."

I hope Regina insists on returning Henry to her home to live since she's his actual, legal guardian and "all your heroic, can-do, good-always-wins-crap let Pan convince Henry to rip his own heart out. My son needs a healthy dose of suspicion and cynicism to prevent that in the future."

I mean, he grew up in her house and it didn't work out. I think the problem is that he's a 12 year old.

vvv He has seemed pretty dumb the entire time, let's be honest here.

Merlinicus fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 24, 2013

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Merlinicus posted:

I mean, he grew up in her house and it didn't work out. I think the problem is that he's a 12 year old.

Ten year old Henry seemed much smarter and savvier than twelve year old Henry. I think life with Regina helped him keep sharp, while life with the Charmings dulled him down. He'll especially need to get his sharpness back for next year when he's thirteen and all those new bumps and curves on his female classmates begin to kick his stupidity quotient into high gear.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Irish Joe posted:

Jane Austenland, the dullest of all fictional universes.

edit Oh God, Alice's reaction to being set up with Darcy is incredible.

I sincerely hope, since Pride and Prejudice is set in the England of the Napoleonic era rather than Victorian England, that this was like, William and Elizabeth's son or grandson or something, because that is NOT what Darcy would be like. :colbert:

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

Tupping Liberty posted:

I sincerely hope, since Pride and Prejudice is set in the England of the Napoleonic era rather than Victorian England, that this was like, William and Elizabeth's son or grandson or something, because that is NOT what Darcy would be like. :colbert:

Maybe it was Jefferson D'Arcy's great-great-grandfather instead!

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Rumple and Regina are by far the best things about this show- enough for me to mentally file it in the "good show" category. If they weren't on, I wouldn't be watching. They're wonderfully deep and nuanced for what are essentially Disney villains.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Hahaha, oh Regina.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Sometimes it's good to be a sociopath.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm not sure the kid who plays Henry can be a convincing bad guy. The best thing this show could do is keep the kid who plays Pan as Henry and kill off Pan in Henry's body.

Otherwise - great episode and glad to be back in Storybrook.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Hahaha, for a moment, when Pan attacked Henry, I thought he just took the heart from the back, which Regina didn't cast a spell on.

What we got instead... well, just when you think the family tree can't get any more ridiculous, Bae is now his own great-grandpa.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

We didn't see Rumple get his separated shadow to return with the dagger, so I guess he's leaving it on the (now deserted) island?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

spookygonk posted:

We didn't see Rumple get his separated shadow to return with the dagger, so I guess he's leaving it on the (now deserted) island?
Shadows can travel between realms I believe.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
The best part of the episode by far is when Regina goes full Schwarzenegger at the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNr0WXQ3Ho4

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

courtney_beth posted:

I'm not sure the kid who plays Henry can be a convincing bad guy. The best thing this show could do is keep the kid who plays Pan as Henry and kill off Pan in Henry's body.

I really like the guy playing Pan, and i personally wouldn't have minded if the show had turned into the Pan and Rumpelstilskin show, so i hope they bring the actor back somehow, i already cringe at the thought of the Henry kid trying to play Pan..

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Dear TV,

Please stop using crying babies as props. They are really loving annoying in real life and somehow even moreso on television.

Sincerely,
Men

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Irish Joe posted:

Dear TV,

Please stop using crying babies as props. They are really loving annoying in real life and somehow even moreso on television.

Sincerely,
Men

This letter is inaccurate.

Me and my sister watched the latest ep together, both of us could not stand the scenes with Henry crying. This letter should be signed "most reasonable people".

E: I will say though, crying Henry and the looming threat of Henry doing more acting aside, I liked this episode. Even the Charmings didn't feel all that annoying (although that might just be due to limited lines from them.

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 3, 2013

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Barehanded Brother posted:

The best part of the episode by far is when Regina goes full Schwarzenegger at the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNr0WXQ3Ho4

One of the most entertaining scenery-chewing lines in an episode full of them. The whole "I regret nothing" bit was just as good, and so was both ends of the Robert Carlisle spectrum with Rumpelstiltskin in jail and Gold in his shop. And I can never resist Lana Parilla in those storybrook mayor ensembles. Good episode.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I was surprised that Pandora's box ended up being such a non issue, getting someone else out of it seems to be easy enough so I don't think this switch will last for long.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

I feel like they punked out with Pandora's box. They could have done so much with the concept (like set up new villains for s4, as another poster theorized). If Rumple has had this thing in his possession for a while, why hasn't he used it to trap some other big bads before now?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fork bomb posted:

I feel like they punked out with Pandora's box. They could have done so much with the concept (like set up new villains for s4, as another poster theorized). If Rumple has had this thing in his possession for a while, why hasn't he used it to trap some other big bads before now?

Regina had been acting according to his plan in season 1.
Season 2 the main villain had poisoned him early on, and the other main villains didn't make their move (that involved him) til the finale, at which point they had already escaped.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

I mean prior to 2011. :colbert:

E: it would be a drama twist if he locked up Regina for some reason, but at this point they're more ally than enemy.

E2: did Belle ever officially get her "good" memories back, or was it just Shadow fake-Belle and then her helping Ariel?

fork bomb fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 4, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fork bomb posted:

I mean prior to 2011. :colbert:

E: it would be a drama twist if he locked up Regina for some reason, but at this point they're more ally than enemy.

E2: did Belle ever officially get her "good" memories back, or was it just Shadow fake-Belle and then her helping Ariel?

Memory Potion near the end of S2, if I recall.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I have to admit that when Regina finally ripped out Pan's stolen heart, I was incredibly chuffed. It was about time someone just went 'gently caress it Pan, I'm going to gently caress you up."

I found Season 2 to be underwhelming, but if they keep the show full of those sorts of actions, I'll be happy.

Oh, the Charmings & Henry are still just the worst.

EDIT - Did anyone get the Tron reference this week? When Regina mentioned Space Paranoids?

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 4, 2013

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

Andrew_1985 posted:

Did anyone get the Tron reference this week? When Regina mentioned Space Paranoids?

It's a nice little nod to season 1, too, as she gave him a handheld Space Paranoids game back then in an attempt to take his mind off of Operation Cobra. There's a later scene where Henry's playing it and Emma comments on how she was a big fan of it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Anyone been keeping up on Wonderland? IMO it's gotten pretty good and I really enjoyed the episode this week. Although it was pretty drat obvious the unnamed prisoner in the cage was the Sultan and Jafar's father as soon as he mentioned in one episode his father, the Sultan, cast him out. All we really learned here is was a bastard but it would've been pretty obvious by then. But still good. The guy playing Alice's father impressed me as well.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

Sober posted:

Anyone been keeping up on Wonderland? IMO it's gotten pretty good and I really enjoyed the episode this week. Although it was pretty drat obvious the unnamed prisoner in the cage was the Sultan and Jafar's father as soon as he mentioned in one episode his father, the Sultan, cast him out. All we really learned here is was a bastard but it would've been pretty obvious by then. But still good. The guy playing Alice's father impressed me as well.

I jut watched it and was coming here to say the same thing. I'm pretty sure I saw that coming from about the 1st or 2nd episode, but they made it seem like it was some sort of big reveal. The thing that really throws me is that in the present we're supposed to think of him as a poor man just being held prisoner, but really he was a total dick.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sober posted:

Anyone been keeping up on Wonderland? IMO it's gotten pretty good and I really enjoyed the episode this week.

I loved the meta commentary between Jafar and Alice.

"But you already did that a few weeks ago."
"Yeah, and I'll stop doing it when it stops working."
*zooms awkwardly away on his flying carpet*

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

KasioDiscoRock posted:

I jut watched it and was coming here to say the same thing. I'm pretty sure I saw that coming from about the 1st or 2nd episode, but they made it seem like it was some sort of big reveal. The thing that really throws me is that in the present we're supposed to think of him as a poor man just being held prisoner, but really he was a total dick.

Yeah, this whole thing is the Sultan's fault, but he gets a free pass while Alice's dad is treated like a total dick for being an entirely reasonable man of his time.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Yeah, this whole thing is the Sultan's fault, but he gets a free pass while Alice's dad is treated like a total dick for being an entirely reasonable man of his time.

Alice's dad made mistakes and deep down knows it. The Sultan was and still IS an unrepentant dick. I can't help rooting for Jafar against him.

I'm looking forward to seeing Henry trying to act tonight. Should be "interesting".

ashez2ashes fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 8, 2013

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

ashez2ashes posted:

Alice's dad made mistakes and deep down knows it. The Sultan was and still IS an unrepentant dick. I can't help rooting for Jafar against him.

I'm looking forward to seeing Henry trying to act tonight. Should be "interesting".

Honestly, IMHO, gently caress this show (Wonderland, that is). I don't give a drat about Alice or her prissy, strangely-mortal Genie. I want to watch The Jafar Show.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Wolvorine posted:

Honestly, IMHO, gently caress this show (Wonderland, that is). I don't give a drat about Alice or her prissy, strangely-mortal Genie. I want to watch The Jafar Show.

Sophie Lowe is really cute, so I like Alice. I want her to dump Cyrus for Jafar and have them move back to Jane Austenland so they can swordfight and blast self-righteous prigs to ashes.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

johntfs posted:

Sophie Lowe is really cute, so I like Alice. I want her to dump Cyrus for Jafar and have them move back to Jane Austenland so they can swordfight and blast self-righteous prigs to ashes.

No way, Alice and Knave are destined for each other.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I wonder if any of the cast of Wonderland will be moving to the main cast if its cancelled.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I thought Jared did a pretty decent job as Pan. Maybe he should've been the "bad seed" from the start. Meanwhile, yes, Hook is, in fact, devilishly handsome.

The Baroness
Oct 1, 2004
Glasses, evil and HAWT

johntfs posted:

I thought Jared did a pretty decent job as Pan. Maybe he should've been the "bad seed" from the start. Meanwhile, yes, Hook is, in fact, devilishly handsome.

If I were Emma, I would totally go for Hook.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

johntfs posted:

I really like the actor who plays Pan. I think they should stay switched.

The Baroness posted:

If I were Emma, I would totally go for Hook.

Holy crap yes. The outfit, the guyliner, the rakish attitude...it's a no brainer.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

I wonder if any of the cast of Wonderland will be moving to the main cast if its cancelled.

They've kept the plot fairly separate so far. I think if it was cancelled after a couple seasons, maybe, but if it's cancelled after just one season? Probably not is my guess.

Also I've officially given up on Wonderland. Jafar is nice, but only having a couple good scenes per episode is just too much. I already take enough punishment with the original.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
If they seriously do that curse crap all over again, it's going to be a step back for the show. I'm glad they didn't drag out the Henry/Pan act too long though.

As for Wonderland, it's amusing fluff.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Merlinicus posted:

They've kept the plot fairly separate so far. I think if it was cancelled after a couple seasons, maybe, but if it's cancelled after just one season? Probably not is my guess.

There is precedent to at least bring the Knave over. Hell, he even has keys to Granny's!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I just marathoned the past 2 and a half seasons this past week and I'm all caught up now and I love this show to death. I love Rumplestiltskin and Belle. I'm a little disappointed reading the OP though, does everyone here really view the show as a "guilty pleasure that we watch because it's so bad it's good"? Cause I think it's a legit good show. There aren't many bad things about it to me besides some of the CG not being great which isn't surprising.

I mean this thread isn't like Dexter where everyone hates the show but keeps watching because ??? is it

Also the part in season 2 when Hook shoots Belle causing her to fall over the city line and lose her memories, I haven't been so mad at a TV show in a long time

• Locked thread