Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Seasons 1 & 2 are up on Netflix for anyone wanting to get caught up, and ABC's website has the series recap Journey To Neverland in case they'd rather jump right into season 3.

Sober posted:

edit: also Greg and Tamara being unceremoniously straight up :black101: super quickly was hilarious.

What's interesting is that the Lost Boys are still abiding by Pan's "No Girls Allowed" policy by outright killing Tamara, but only stealing Greg's shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Dazerbeams posted:

The scene on the ship where they sail into the storm was pretty amazing.

Definitely and it makes me wish Disney would make another good Pirates movie. The fourth one was such a disappointment.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Jesus, Charming, can you go one season without getting yourself mortally wounded? I know he's this show's damsel-in-distress, but he has never done anything remotely helpful in three seasons and I can't help but think everybody would be better off if they just left him at home.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
"Pixie dust is stronger, like nuclear fairy dust."

Please stop making me feel dumb for liking you, Once Upon a Time.

~~~~

"Come and get me Tinkerbell."

Okay, I'm back.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I have to say I'm really enjoying Wonderland. The pilot was a little manic and felt a bit like a clip show, but the second episode tightened the focus and was, consequently, a huge improvement. Compared to the flagship series, Wonderland's small cast and focused story is refreshing.

XboxPants posted:

According to the showrunners said she's from an Earth-like alternate world, like the Frankenstein dimension. I ended up looking that up because as you say, what the show has shown pretty much doesn't make any sense at all.

By season 4 we're going to need a Crisis in Infinite Fairy Tales to clean up this universe's convoluted continuity.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

bbf2 posted:

Can someone explain to me why JAFAR is in Wonderland? I looked it up on wikipedia and apparently every other character is from Alice in Wonderland except they have Jafar from Aladdin randomly thrown in there.

Jafar went to Wonderland to retrieve the lamp. As for Aladdin, maybe he's the one who accidentally sent the lamp to Wonderland when the 'free Genie' wish went awry?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeah, Wonderland is really good. Its perfect blend of sincerity and cheese reminds me of Doctor Who or Legend of the Seeker. Its a shame more people aren't watching because its easily the best 'new' series that premiered this fall.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

LEFTENANT RIGHTIE posted:

Completely unrelated, but sometimes it's so visually strange to see Charming and Snow heaving and hawing about being Emma's parents when, to me, both actors seem a bit younger than Emma's actress. Not a problem with writing and makes perfect sense in continuity, but sometimes it's so weird. Especially when Charming tries to play the protective dad, like his confrontation with Hook about his daughter- it's weird seeing one man give another man the old 'stay away from my daughter' shpiel when both men look to be the same age and are talking about a grown rear end woman who looks to be a little older than both. But this is really pedantic nitpicking.

Regina's actress is 36.
Emma's is 34.
Snow's is 35.
Charming's is 31.
Hook's is 32.

So, yeah, Emma is older than her father but younger than her mother.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

LEFTENANT RIGHTIE posted:

Like maybe I just associate low jaws with looking more mature or something.

Jennifer Morrison is definitely very jowly and every time she does her confused face I think she looks like George W. Bush. But I think the real "issue" is that her skin isn't perfect like Ginnifer Goodwin's, which makes her look bad by comparison.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
*squeak* *squeak*

Never got caught being a thief. I learned from the best.

*squeak* *squeak*

Are leather outfits ever not ridiculously noisy?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Wonderland has some of the worst green screen effects this side of the 1990s, but I'll be damned if I'm not enjoying every minute of it.

Oh, and the Red Queen in that white dress :drat:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

fork bomb posted:

I wonder why Henry didn't hear any of the exchange between Pan and Rumple, pretty sure he was sitting only ten feet away behind that rock. :iiam:

Pan believed Henry couldn't hear their conversation.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Jane Austenland, the dullest of all fictional universes.

edit Oh God, Alice's reaction to being set up with Darcy is incredible.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 23, 2013

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Dear TV,

Please stop using crying babies as props. They are really loving annoying in real life and somehow even moreso on television.

Sincerely,
Men

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sober posted:

Anyone been keeping up on Wonderland? IMO it's gotten pretty good and I really enjoyed the episode this week.

I loved the meta commentary between Jafar and Alice.

"But you already did that a few weeks ago."
"Yeah, and I'll stop doing it when it stops working."
*zooms awkwardly away on his flying carpet*

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Andrew_1985 posted:

So there's only 3 people left in the EF- Sleeping Beauty, Prince Phillip & Mulan.

Aren't Robin Hood and his Merry Men wandering around the EF? Was there any explanation as to how they escaped the curse?

Or why everybody didn't lose their memories when they went through the barrier on Hook's ship?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

The swords literally look wooden.

Yeah, I laugh every time there's a close up of Alice's sword because it looks like a giant steak knife.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
..and nothing of value was lost.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Kiss. KIIIIISSSS!!!!

:aaaaa:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

They're baaaaaaack!

Lizard is the best wish-maker. In such a dour world where human life is cheap and fierce monsters roam the land, all she wished for was beer, fireworks and a makeover (:swoon:)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Jesus, Wonderland got dark this week. Poor Lizard just can't catch a break.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

LentThem posted:

Wonderland has been pretty entertaining, but it got tedious when I realized the entire plot is just musical chairs (?) with macguffins.

That's part of Wonderland's charm in my opinion. It reminds me a lot of the 2nd and 3rd Pirates movies: an endless series of plots, schemes and maneuvers as each character (or group of characters) tries to get the upper hand on every other character. Yeah, Jafar is inevitably going to get his hands on all three genies and poo poo will go down, but its fun watching the characters get there nonetheless.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tupping Liberty posted:

Edit: Also, I was thinking last night that this would be a pretty excruciating show to rewatch. The whole "David in a coma" thing, and "Emma doesn't believe" thing would, again, be excruciating to go through again. I think if I was doing a rewatch I'd start with season 2.

If you did that you'd miss a lot of great town shenanigans (remember Red, the Magic Mirror and the Sheriff?), flashbacks and the height of Regina's smug evilness.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Gnossiennes posted:

Once in Wonderland is officially gone after one season, and the series finale is next week. I've enjoyed it (mostly for Emma Rigby & Michael Socha), but it definitely had its issues.

Wonderland was the first really good cheesy action/adventure show to come around since Legend of the Seeker was cancelled and I'm definitely going to miss it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm interested in see how they incorporate the Knave into the cast since they already have a roguish punching bag in Hook.

Blazing Ownager posted:

At least they try to give these people who have to leave an exit rather than off-screen wiping them out. That's lovely and it's been done.. a lot.

Pinocchio was given a decent exit, and I think the Mad Hatter just kind of wandered off without being killed (unless he was Jiminy's corpse??).

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't know, Wonderland seems like a pretty backwards and hellish place to live. 19th century England isn't much better, but that's where her family is (and they look rich as poo poo), so if you're going to get knocked up and raise a kid, you might as well do it there.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
My reading of that scene was that Cyrus hadn't actually died yet.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Andrew_1985 posted:

It was great to see Ariel again (probably for the last time), but even better to see it was all a ruse.

I loved Regina's reaction to Ariel: "That fish is in Storybrook?" Regina absolutely killed it this week despite barely being in the episode.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Dazerbeams posted:

Regina and Zelena should just have a dress competition. It's what we all want.

I'm eagerly looking forward to season 8 when the show gives up all pretenses and its just women in elaborate gowns being swept away by swarthy men on horseback.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Senerio posted:

It got to the point where I was expecting a flying monkey Charming.

I hope none of the flying monkeys they brutally murdered this episode were anyone they knew.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Xealot posted:

My question is, if they're introducing a new setting for the next season, what's left in the roster of Disney-owned or public domain children's fantasy settings they can throw around?

Well, we already know they're bringing in a few Wonderland characters. As for other new characters and possible settings, well,

quote:

At the risk of running out of Disney characters, you did once mention you’d like to get Tiana in there. Any others you’d like to work in?
Adam: We love some of the newer ones.
Eddy: Obviously we’d be dying to do Frozen. We would love to [incorporate] Merida.
Adam: Whether we get to them or not, characters like Anna, Elsa and Merida feel like they could be slotted in.
Eddy: And then there’s favorites of ours like Mr. Toad. We haven’t figured it out yet but we love Mr. Toad. We still haven’t done Aladdin and Jasmine.
Adam: We mentioned before that we love Cruella De Vil. Pongo has appeared on the show.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The nice part about the Frozen princesses is that they could probably get Kristen Bell to play Anna.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
How long are you in for?
Same as you. One more night.
Oh, that's not so bad. Is Regina going soft? :downs:

I love how often the show forgets Emma is supposed to be smart.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Once Upon a Time Season 4: Regina and Elsa's pity party.

"I'm a good person. That was the old me. I've changed."

*still has a dude locked up in one of her dungeons*

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Kraps posted:

Where the heck is Mulan?!

Hanging with the Darling kids, Ariel and Red. Storybrook is a huge town, presumably.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

It's really a shame that the Blue Fairy being secretly evil plot probably isn't going to happen.

Isn't she dead? If not, then why not consult the Blue Fairy about Marienne's curse and not, you know, the only person in Storybrook with motive to kill her?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Best episode of the series, bar none. Anna and Rumple were adorable together.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Okay, Anna's adorable and she plays off Rumple's grumpiness well.

Not proposing The Dark Sister or whatever their slash pairing will be.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Jithendra posted:

You know, most people haven't watched the movie closely enough to realize this, but there is a gay character in Frozen (number 5). So it's not that much of a stretch to me that they would okay a gay subplot in OUAT, but it would probably have to be similarly subtle.

Pretty sure the woman on the right is his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The Smirk Queen

Also, :lol: at Emma and Regina's double kamehameha.

• Locked thread