Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I'm finally watching last week's episode, and I like it, but.... why did they keep the mermaid (before she blew the horn)? I mean, why would they want to keep a mermaid? What was Regina's plan with that?

I'm all about Neil. :allears:

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

This was funny: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/07/once-upon-promo-blunder-snow-whites-magic-crotch/

Also, Peter Pan reminds me of Dominic Monaghan... anyone else see it?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Fru Fru posted:

I just assumed it was some kind of time fuckery, hence why the rabbit said they were late...like 150 years late.

Yeah, I'm not sure why there's confusion, it seemed exactly this to me.

Edit: I like the Red Queen. Specifically, I like her voice.

I think the cast is good. Some of the lines are cheesy and of course the cgi is bad. It has potential though.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 12, 2013

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I made the mistake of opening the Couch Chat thread as I put on OUAT this afternoon and then got distracted by this morning's TVIV revelations. Everything was super confusing by the time I tried to focus back in on the show. Guess I'll have to read a recap.

Still enjoying Wonderland though. I really like the Red Queen although I wonder where she fits in with Cora's storyline. Did she get deposed by Cora? Did she take over after Cora left?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

VBane posted:

Neither.

The Queen of Hearts (Cora) is from Alice in Wonderland. She wasn't really an antagonist but an obstacle, with a horrible temper and belief everything can be solved by ordering a beheading (but the King actually pardoned most every person she ordered executed so almost no one actually died because of her)

The Red Queen (Wonderland) is from Alice Through the Looking Glass, which had a Chess Theme. She was cold and calm and pedantic, Alice's opposition as she tried to move across the "chessboard" of Wonderland and get promoted from Pawn to Queen.

Most modern adaptations smush to the two together. The Disney movie, the Burton movie, The McGee games. Even Jefferson Airplane. The Red Queen is in fact not "off with her head"

Awesome, thanks!

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Lady Frenzy posted:

Don't care about the Hook and Emma kiss next week which is obviously fanservice and will probably not be what it seems

I swear to god if Neal sees this and interprets it as Hook and Emma together I'm going to curse this show. I HATE that drama, it's so typical...

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I also really like Neal. I feel like he knows the most, having been in so many universes...

RE: Wonderland and timelines. Now that you mention that Alice is probably from a different universe than Storybrooke, I wonder if she's from the same one as the Darlings - old timey English universe.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Well obviously I was wrong when I posted somewhere - Coach Chat maybe - that you probably wouldn't need to watch OUaT original to watch Wonderland, now that Robin Hood's shown up in both places.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

LEFTENANT RIGHTIE posted:

Petitioning to rename this thread TVIV > Once Upon a Time: The Regina Sass Appreciation Station

Holy crap was that actress dominating that episode, it was incredible. I thought the story was boring as hell but the episode was totally worth it just to watch Regina finally go 'You know what? I no longer give a poo poo. gently caress all you people.' Holy crap was she bringing the sass home. Her yelling at Gold to basically get it the gently caress together was extraordinary.

Finally, the hero we've all been waiting for: the evil Queen will get poo poo done.

Seriously, she was eating up the scenes as Ursula, you could tell she had a lot of fun with that role.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Murdering sociopaths aside, I loved the Ariel-Belle team up. They were cute working together, both all sweetness!

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

I guess it really is just the Charming family that is dragging this show down.

Happy concurs.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Jane Austenland, the dullest of all fictional universes.

edit Oh God, Alice's reaction to being set up with Darcy is incredible.

I sincerely hope, since Pride and Prejudice is set in the England of the Napoleonic era rather than Victorian England, that this was like, William and Elizabeth's son or grandson or something, because that is NOT what Darcy would be like. :colbert:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

nelson posted:

Emma: Sure you don't have other reasons for pushing me toward Neal?
David: Like what?
Emma: I dunno, keeping me away from Hook.
David: You think I'm interested in Hook? Emma, I'm a married man.

That was an excellent exchange. I like a cheeky Charming.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

KilGrey posted:

Emma and Henry forget everything however everyone else keeps their memories intact.

I hope to heck this is the case because Regina's full circle of undoing the curse was just the icing on the cake of a wonderful season 3 for her, and if all that growth was lost I would be pissed.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

fork bomb posted:

Is wonderland on Netflix yet?

No, it hasn't had a full season yet.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

johntfs posted:

Can this get stickied/bumped since there's a new episode on tonight?

I think you just nee to PM Deadpool.

I have to admit, the "wicked" hype campaign has been working, I'm pretty excited for the show to be back.
I mean, this is gorgeous...

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

parque bynch posted:

I sure hope that's a spoiler for the future of the show and not for flashback scenes: Rumple!!! I had to look up a hi-res pic to confirm.

Oh, yeah, I didn't think about that... should I take it down?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

fork bomb posted:

I wonder why Aurora and Philip didn't warn the gang about the danger.

Didn't Aurora say something about how "she" threatened to harm their baby if they didn't tell her about newcomers, or something?

Looking forward to flashbacks to the past year, but also flashbacks to how the WW took over fairy tale land to start with.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Gnossiennes posted:

I dunno, when they first showed him, I was like "man, this guy looks like a flying monkey." Something about his hair.

His niceness just seemed to good to be true!

My first thought was "Auggie!" so I suspected nothing. I gasped so hard when he (spoiler from the movie Frozen) pulled a Prince Hans on her.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Jesus, Wonderland got dark this week. Poor Lizard just can't catch a break.

I like the addition of the girl from The Ring.

Also Cyrus backstory is always nice, because he seemed very Mary-Sueish in the first set of episodes.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

KasioDiscoRock posted:

Yeah she's awesome. I keep thinking I recognize her from something but both times I've looked her up nothing seems like anything I'd know her from.

Agreed. I liked Wonderland before, but not as much as OUAT. However, Wonderland has been pretty strong since returning from the break. The addition of the Jabberwocky is what's making it great.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

... I meant the whole Rapunzel bit. Not the waking-up-from-nightmare.

He woke up from the nightmare, Snow told him the news, and he headed out into the forest to look for fearweed or whatever and met Rapunzel. All happened in the lost year.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I keep thinking I've seen Rapunzel in something but I recognize nothing on her IMDB page. I thought she did a good job though, I'd like to see her back. Also, because unlike the Facebook fans of OUAT apparently, I like diversity and messing with fairy tales. I mean, isn't that why OUAT was pitched in the first place? Mixed up fairy tales?

Edit: Also, I was thinking last night that this would be a pretty excruciating show to rewatch. The whole "David in a coma" thing, and "Emma doesn't believe" thing would, again, be excruciating to go through again. I think if I was doing a rewatch I'd start with season 2.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 25, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I really liked the finale of Wonderland. All in all, it makes a nice mini-series, I guess. I liked the cameo from Whoopi Goldberg as a VA.

I know bringing they're the knave to OUAT Vanilla as long as it gets renewed, but I hope Anastasia also comes.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Elsa ends up with Mulan, it writes itself really.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

No, we'd have whole season learning how the Horse staged the father's cart accident because of Grave Injustices done a few generations ago.

King George turned David's father's horse's father into glue. Because King George can't stop loving over David's family.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

So glad to see the knave back in Storybrook. Hands down my favorite part of OUATIW. Hope we do get the timeline all confirmed there. He's just so awesome. I want to see him and Hook attempt to out-rogue each other.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I really liked this episode. Except for the premiere, I think the actress playing Anna continues to nail the role. And I said it before, but I can't wait to find out how the Knave and the Red Queen got separated. Poor Will. :(

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Xealot posted:

The bigger test is, who can he date who's not a relative? poo poo odds for the kid on that score, too...Storybrooke's worse than Iceland.

(Seriously, Iceland's population is so insular, it's created a need for anti-incest apps for bar-hopping, so you don't inadvertantly bang your cousin. Storybrooke could use it.)

I did laugh when Henry was like, "No, my other grandfather." I mean, obviously everyone has 2 grandpas but it was just a reminder how convoluted his family tree is.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Parlett316 posted:

Maybe Emma's time fuckery did something to ruin their happy ending.

Goddammit, Emma.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Great episode. I love Emma and Regina's relationship.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Just waiting for that SHIELD/OUAT crossover episode.

"We just discovered an 084 in Maine. Something in the town of Storybrooke is leading people to believe they're characters from Disney movies."

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Macaluso posted:

edit: Perfect casting on the young Duke of Weasletown

Totally.

Also, if we're going to redeem Regina (how hot was that Robin kiss? drat.), I'm glad Rumple is still on the darker side of gray.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Interesting two-parter.

Elizabeth Mitchell is so gorgeous. You can tell she's going to age like Audrey Hepburn, always beautiful.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

What an episode. Can't wait for the Snow/Regina fight from the preview.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I remember Maleficent from the beginning of the series - she told Regina how to make the curse work, right? But I don't remember her death. I was trying to read about it on a OUAT wiki and that just confused me more (I think I've blanked out the entire Greg/Tamara storyline).

Did they update her outfit to match the Angelina Jolie film or did she always look like that?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Galavant, I think.

Edit: With that reply way late. That's what I get for not refreshing before replying.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Andrew_1985 posted:

Also, why is Maleficent dressing like Lesbian Madonna?

This sounds like it's supposed to be an insult so I'll just say I totally dig Maleficent's Storybrooke attire. Reminds me of Agent Carter.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

foxatee posted:

They even made a point of mentioning it in the same episode.
"Hey, remember that girl Lily I talked about?"

"We're gonna name this baby Lilith... Or Lily for short, so the audience realizes they're the same person."

Yeah, she was in the "previously on..." too, so I knew it was going to be her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I think Henry's actor has been holding his own recently; it's kind of like going back and watching the early Harry Potter movies. You have to give kid actors a chance to grow up.

I feel like once he played Pan-playing-Henry, he's been doing a good job.

• Locked thread