Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How large are the maps this time? Are they at least close to the size they were in BF2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I swore to myself that I wouldn't even look in the direction of this drat game but I hear the siren calls...so how is it?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

Good as hell aside from the problems.

Like, better than BF3 good.

And fun, too.

What kind of problems? And is Origin still trash?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So how large are the maps compared to Battlefield 2? Is it a return to form or just Battlefield 3 redux?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

John Magnum posted:

It turns out that you can climb onto a tank and stay standing there even as it drives around. This is excellent news.

Can you stand on the wings of planes? If not no sale.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So how can Dice manage to make a patch that does literally the opposite of what it says it will? Like, how does that even work on a technical level?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So did the DICE super servers actually do anything?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So did the DICE super servers actually do anything?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Ask the people who got new servers in the console thread.

Oh that was console only? Super

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So um, how large are the maps compared to BF 2? Are they still clearly maps designed for 32 players max?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

but the BF2 maps were loving excessive.

those are fighting words... are they at least larger than BF 3?

so with the DLC schedule ending this fall does that mean Battlefield 5 is coming out this year or will EA stick with a 2 year cycle?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I never bought BF4 because of how hosed up it was at launch and also because Battlefield 3 disappointed me so much. So with all the DLC and patches is Bf4 good now? Is it any more like Battlefield 2 with larger maps? I just want to play a loving Battlefield game but since Gamespy shut down all the good games are now gone forever except for lovely bootleg servers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Battlefield 2 and 2142 were the height of the series so you are stupid.

Anyway since I never played 4 to begin with it's not like I'd know what got nerfed and what didn't. But do the maps actually work well with 64 players? Because Battlefield 3s really didn't.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well are the maps larger than BF3?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I want that OUYA tag

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mariguana posted:

It's not the same man.

Remember on launch when that one class was broken as all gently caress? It had an m60 AND and an anti-tank rocket launcher. Man that got patched out fast lol.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I bought this game 3 weeks ago and I have 70 hours put into it already.

I think I like it.

I hope Final Stand is a preview for Battlefield 2143. And I hope Battlefront doesn't siphon off the game's population because I have literally 0 interest in it.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Aug 24, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Welp, my favorite server is now completely ruined. Starting last week this clan of level 140 spergs come in every night during primetime, 7 or 8 of them, and stack one team and proceed to completely wreck everyone. They jump in the tanks and scout helicopters and then proceed to literally have a 50/1 KDR every single round. By they end all of them take up the top 6,7,8 spots on their team when they win 650 tickets to 0. So after like an hour of this the server drops from having a long que to get in to 30 guys at the most because it becomes utterly unfun to play. They all stay in their own private squad so they don't get autobalanced away from each other. The clan that actually runs the server doesn't seem to be that active so theres never an admin on or anything to kick them off.

Can anyone recommend a good 64 player, normal mode, all maps, large conquest server that doesn't have retarded poo poo like fast xp and spawning with 2000 tickets?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 27, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I hope Battlefield 2143 releasing fall 2016 is good.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

For those interested in battlefront, apparently it won't have a server browser but a "skill based matchmaking system"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/3j86i2/happy_to_confirm_our_star_wars_battlefront_beta/cun65y6?context=3

hahaha

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DMRs are loving awesome and I have close to 1 thousand kills with them even though I only use them while as an engineer. I regularly score in the top 3 of matches using them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Play recon using a carbine and play any Dragon's Teeth map. You'll unlock the DMRs in no time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Can someone explain to me how "skill" is computed in the Battlelog? Because I literally have no idea.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SPM does not include boosts I am reasonably sure.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DocImpossible posted:

BF4 worth buying now? Seems you guys are enjoying it, and I always like Battlefield over CoD. The only thing that kept me from buying it was the poo poo launch, and that's well and over with.

I asked this 2 months ago.

I now have 140 hours into it.

So yeah

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Allow infantry weapons, at least LMGs, to damage helicopters. Problem solved.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If Metro comes up just farm for resupply ribbons.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Someone tell me a good way to use mines because I need 25 kills for the premium assignment. Is it better to just lay them down somewhere on the map or directly charge tanks and drop them right behind them?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I use an SVD with iron sights more than any other weapon and I kick rear end with it.

I feel weird because I put next to no thought into any of my weapons/load outs. I just use the weapons and combinations that I think work well/seem cool. I don't know a thing about any of the meta stats and poo poo. But I have an overall KDR of 2.0 so I'm doing something right. I always play 64 player large conquest maps.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 27, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I did the 500 kills with all primaries for BF3, but some of the weapons in BF4 are just ridiculously bad that even I can't be bothered to put myself through that, and there aren't even the Close Quarters maps... so... meh. drat I enjoyed the CQ maps in BF3.

Wouldn't a 24/7 dragon's teeth server work well enough?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ive played this game nonstop for 2 months but I still cant figure out how the server browser works. I swear it doesn't give any logical results, no matter how you refine it. Thankfully I just have a few servers I switch between depending on whether they are full. But I'd really like to find a decent Rush server, I've yet to partake.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

They should make the single player campaign like a Conquest Large multiplayer, but with 63 bots.

That was literally the single player in Battlefield 1942.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I played the campaign in BF3 back when it first came out just 4 years ago and I literally can't remember a single thing from it aside from the toy t-rex.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Apparition posted:

what? people still play this? there were only like 5 decent servers a year ago

Theres like a dozen full 64 player servers right at this moment.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

There's lots of people still playing, but I imagine that won't be the case come the Battlefront 3 release on 17 November.

There is absolutely no way that Battlefront 3 leeches players from BF4 for more than a few weeks at most.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Did DICE gently caress up the netcode again because Im getting tons of lag. So are others on the servers I keep playing on.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

You can do really well with any weapon in any class and if you don't its because you suck.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Do service stars sometimes glitch out in Battle Reports? Because in one round on Dawnbreaker it says that I got both a Fast Attack Craft and IFV service star even though those vehicles don't exist on the map. It also says I got an Assault service start even though I clearly didn't even use the assault kit once. I didn't get points for them but its still weird.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/669691212389833984/174512588/a

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I cannot manage to get over the 600 skill rating hump. I keep topping out in the 590s, and thats after a night of 6 MVPs in 8 rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sandweed posted:

Skill is worthless.

Says someone who didn't just get up to 627 on the skill-o-meter. :smug:

Anyway according to Game Tracker there are a million fully populated servers but I cannot find any of these using the garbage search in Battlelog.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf4/?sort=3&order=DESC

Taking a closer look at those servers though they all look absolutely loving terrible so maybe its best I can't find them.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 10, 2015

• Locked thread