Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Beach Bum posted:

Not accurate. HE does most damage against armor, with reduced splash compared to AP. It should really be named HEAT for what it does.

That makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is it even possible to get a kill with the AA Mine? Because I don't think it is.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The DICE camo makes you invisible to thermal view? FFS eventually everyone will have this stupid thing and thermal optics will be completely useless. I never use it on weapons but I do for vehicles and I can't imagine playing without it.

Basically MY KDR :goonsay:

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 24, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I've been taking a break from BF4 for a month now because I'm obsessed with Bloodborne. Is the DICE LA camo prevalent enough that the IR optics on vehicles aren't that useful anymore?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This wouldn't make any sense. Battlefield has always been more about the vehicles than infantry. Air combat would be fine since jets in BF4 perform like Biplanes anyway. But on the ground you are limited to tanks that top out at 5 mph, motorcycles, and maybe some lightly armored cars. And the tanks would only be on the Allied side.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hardly anyone died from gas compared to everything else. It was artillery that dominated everything. So to accurately model the true WWI experience a quarter of the map will randomly explode every 15 seconds to simulate the unreachable off-map artillery.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Also the BAR came too late to see frontline combat.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The server browser sucks, theres actually tons of full servers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I just don't want any steampunk or Weird War crap.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TubeStank posted:

Bf2 was bad. I hope it's not like bf2.

How can an opinion be so wrong?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Omg it's straight world war 1 without any fantasy bullshit. I'm actually excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Deakul posted:

Eh, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea.
It worked fine in Project Reality and Forgotten Hope.

Forgotten Hope was my favorite 1942 experience. More than vanilla and even Desert Combat.

• Locked thread