Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'll go one further and say that the vanilla BF3 maps were mostly bad to mediocre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah there were def some good ones like Damavand Rush and Bazaar, I just didn't start liking the majority of maps until the expansions dropped

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I don't even shoot jihadists from the MAV because they're doing the lord's work.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah I tend to only use lasers on pdws where I know I'll be exclusively hip firing, since such a big part of my playstyle is getting the drop on people.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Nebiros posted:

I roll one on my grach and usp pistol and occasionally on the a91 since its hipfire's pretty drat good.

Oh yeah and most pistols since I figure poo poo's already pretty sticky if I'm down to my secondary

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Firing rockets from choppers owns, indestructible scout choppers are lame.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It does work repeatedly and very well so you should just practice

Any of the non-garbage pistols (57) work very well in emergencies as long as you know their purpose. My favorite sidearm in BF3 was the G17C which no one else used. I have a ton of kills with it from all ranges, I never ADS

Hey 5C bro, best hipfire all day.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I wouldn't say I'm an achievement whore but I really enjoy learning new guns enough to at least get a couple stars.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Malloc Voidstar posted:

If you failed a QTE to fight a rat you would die

Ratfight is the greatest moment in gaming history

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Hell, I remember people being mad at me for using the shotgun in counter strike. Sorry I'm more sneaky and aggressive than you, M4 guy #5. FPS games are most fun for me when I play them as a murder simulator, as in not giving the other guy a chance to react, which shotguns are perfect for.

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 8, 2015

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

Same with pump-actions, although to a lesser extent.

:frogout:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Even after unlocking everything I still really like the m249

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

I legit never respond to pubbies unless the server autobans for slurs

You're playing the game completely wrong

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

My BF4 advice boils down to: never ever get into a fair fight. If you have an option to engage or not and you don't absolutely have the drop on someone, don't open fire. And if you do get stuck fighting multiple guys, go super aggressive because they're definitely going to kill you by indirect fire or flanking if you try to sit behind cover and have a protracted shootout.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I only used the box for the longest time because I was like "duh obviously I should use the one that heals faster" but then I realized how well the bags work to heal yourself on the move and haven't looked back.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

870 with flechettes will always be my favorite, but the gun selection is legit mostly about what you groove with. The most accessible guns are going to be medium-high RoF assault rifles and good hipfire smgs, but it's all about your personal style.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah a good gunner even with no extra gear will save your rear end since infantry rockets are way more numerous and difficult to spot so usually way more dangerous than enemy armor. Being totally in the zone as a tank gunner in an urban area filled with overwhelming infantry are some of the most desperate and therefore fun moments I've had in the game.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

SkySteak posted:

Beyond 'Get in close/medium range and shoot' is there any good useful tips for using shotguns? I've just started using them myself and I was wondering if there any particular shotguns that are good to use, any equipment or slug type too etc.

Oh and why do people get so upset with Shotguns and DMRs?

Full choke and ADS to tighten your spread as much as possible and deal the big damage at mid ranges.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Sandweed posted:

TLDR: use the 870 MCS, my loadout is Irons, laser sight, full choke and buckshot.

Same exact setup for the same reasons listed, although I personally prefer flechettes for that little extra range.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

That one hl2 mod about trench war was pretty fun for the two hours I played it, but I don't really think a ww1 game would be good. I'm not really ready to go back to ww2 either, so hopefully they just do 2145.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Battlefield: Toyota War

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Node posted:

Thanks. Yeah I have those * Operation packs installed.

I've been trying the AK with an ACOG for maps that arent Locker or Metro and I haven't gotten a handle of it yet, I'm losing firefights even when I get the flanking advantage. Is medium distance in this game Burst setting range, or Single?

Would anyone like to be friends by the way? I am bad and would like to be carried. My name is "The Receiver." Not sure if there is an underscore or not.

E: I've also been accusing people of hacking every time I die, and sometimes calling them a human being. I think a couple more days of that and I should be set.

I only ever use mid range scopes like the ACOG on DMRs and sniper rifles. Your auto recoil is gonna bounce your poo poo all over the place with anything higher than a RDS. AK rate of fire is low enough that you can use pretty long bursts before going off target. Feel more free to dump rounds at enemies than you would in something like Counterstrike, since recoil is easier to control and even your near misses are gonna suppress.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Skim Milk posted:

Do red dot scopes have a faster ADS?

Than higher magnifications, yes

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Tasoth posted:

-Do not underestimate how effective hipfiring is. Even if you haven't built a gun for it, opening fire first and ADSing if you must is extremely effective. You can also build PDWs for hipfire and just play battlequake 4.

An engineer with hipfire PDW, shorty shotgun, and LAW you aren't choosy about using against infantry is hysterical fun.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

verbal enema posted:

if you smoke a lot of weed before u bf4 sniping is fun but then you end up just LMG bidpoding because that is more fun and also you can magdump

e: my bad on the db post

The most fun for me when I've played high was MAV spotting.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I hope it's just totally ahistorical and has Nazis in trenches with lightning guns and Gundams fighting in space.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Hover tank aiming is hosed by design, you have to use mostly strafing and very minor mouse adjustments to aim, with the benefit of being able to easily juke incoming shells and plow over infantry.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Good to see that we still have what it takes to win Battlefield games without doing anything besides typing in chat.

I dunno if I'll go back to the game anytime soon, but I do really really miss being a dipshit in BF4 chat in a way that I don't get in any other game.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Concordat posted:

Aside from jokes about fish and hotboxing, I think a lot of weapons in the CoD series were hitscan, whereas I am reasonably sure every single bullet in the Battlefield series has always had travel time.

This, even more than big maps and vehicles, has been what distinguishes BF from most other shooters for me.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

gently caress off bitch battlelog owns. cocksucker.

Yeah battlelog is the best server browser to ever grace any one of your stupid cunting screens and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise, you don't deserve such a good browser you fuckmoles

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

If you have something bad to say about the perfect angel baby browser you should just go on and call the cops and pray they bring enough handcuffs to stop me running wild on your home country where your ancestors lived and loved

edit: you FUCKS

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 25, 2016

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

My co-workers are staring at me red and sweaty and trembling, one asked what was wrong and I don't know why but I just mumbled "they killed my son"

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Odobenidae posted:

This was a steal for 5 bucks, in retrospect I should have gotten premium too. Asking this knowing i'll be disappointed: Is there any sort of AT4 like there was in BC2 or is it still only lock-on/dumbfire for rockets?

The SRAW is what you crave, friend

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

man i get so much more points with first aid kits than medkits.

They really are vastly superior, even though your gut instinct would have you believe the opposite.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah, I don't think I've played since I moved a few months back despite still having it take up a ton of space on my ssd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Lmao

Emblem should never be replaced, but if it is it should be this, just more Cosby

• Locked thread