Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Flash trailer confirmed for Wednesday, with a nice little peek at the end of that promo. :flashfap:

Wednesday cannot come soon enough! :flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My prediction:

Slade grabs Felicity.

Slade: now to kill the one person you love most
Ollie: Slade! No! I slept with Shado to feel closer to you! I chose her to die because she was the only thing in our way! You can't kill the person I love the most because its you Slade! It was always you!
Slade: We'll see about that.
(Slade stabs himself through brain and collapses)
Felicity: I can't believe that worked.
Ollie: ... yeah... that was... a trick.
(A single tear rolls down his cheek)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

My prediction:

Slade grabs Felicity.

Ollie: Slade! No! I slept with Shado to feel closer to you! I chose her to die because she was the only thing in our way! You can't kill the person I love the most because its you Slade! It was always you!

Felicity is gonna be pissed when she finds out somebody stole a copy of her fanfic

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

greatn posted:

My prediction:

Slade grabs Felicity.

Slade: We'll see about that.
(Slade stabs himself through brain and collapses)
Felicity: I can't believe that worked.
Ollie: ... yeah... that was... a trick.
(A single tear rolls down his cheek)

Slade: CCChhhhoooooooossseeeee!!!!! :byodood:
Ollie: I chose you. It was always you. :swoon:

Honestly I'm not sure who is the last person that Slade can kill that "Ollie loves the most," aside from Thea. Of course, what crazy Slade thinks is probably different from what Ollie thinks anyways.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

imperialparadox posted:

Honestly I'm not sure who is the last person that Slade can kill that "Ollie loves the most," aside from Thea. Of course, what crazy Slade thinks is probably different from what Ollie thinks anyways.

He could always assume that Ollie hasn't moved on and try to kill Laurel. Hell, that twitter photo depicted Laurel captured by one of Slade's goons (also Felicity captured by Slade himself, so there's that too.)

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Is it completely dumb that this two-note, 10 second teaser theme for The Flash is what has given me the most hype for it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf3XSBSdJ-A

Also realised that as much as I am looking forward to the Arrow finale, we're going to be Arrowless afterwards! I discovered the show near the start of season 2 and since then I've never been without Arrow for a long time. :smith:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

VagueRant posted:

Also realised that as much as I am looking forward to the Arrow finale, we're going to be Arrowless afterwards! I discovered the show near the start of season 2 and since then I've never been without Arrow for a long time. :smith:

Soon you will suffer... As WE HAVE SUFFERED!

/Slade

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

imperialparadox posted:

Girl he "chose" over Shado until proven otherwise.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

Girl he "chose" over Shado until proven otherwise.

I don't know man maybe they'll decide to choose that random girl Roy was making out with to break up with Thea because all of a sudden the entire writing staff got brain tumors.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

:siren:If you are recording Arrow tomorrow set your DVR long!:siren:

They gave it an extra minute or so. Probably for the Flash trailer. But you know you don't want to miss that either.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I couldn't help it and pulled some stills out of the trailer. These are all just from the trailer posted on the last page, but are still pretty spoilery:

The mask

Look at what Roy's holding

Nyssa with Isabel

Also,

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's hard to say conclusively, but the superspeed at least looks reasonable in that one second glimpse.

So glad Floyd is back.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Did we have a show logo before? Because that's a pretty great logo.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The fire/friction is a neat addition.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That looks more like Jay Garrick speed than Barry Allen speed. By that I mean, conceivable rather than send-you-back-in-time-to-reset-the-future fast.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Lord Hydronium posted:

Did we have a show logo before? Because that's a pretty great logo.

We had a very basic one both from the earlier teaser image, but also Grant Gustin and co showing bits behind the scenes whilst in pre-production. I like the current one though - its got that kind of 'similar but different' feel when you lay it next to the Arrow logo. Arrow's comes in comparatively slow, solemnly, against a dark backdrop, and the logo itself is styled after hardened metal. The Flash's appears to be nigh-instant in its appearance, has a far brighter look across the whole thing, and seems more... exotic energy like? Not sure if that's the right way to say it, but its trying to feel far more super than Arrow's title.

zoux posted:

That looks more like Jay Garrick speed than Barry Allen speed. By that I mean, conceivable rather than send-you-back-in-time-to-reset-the-future fast.

Alternatively, Wally West post-Crisis. Either way, something where like, 'cruising speed' is some hundred miles an hour, which is enough to dodge bullets from across a room, but still be caught off guard by stuff.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Here's some more.

Just the logo. The one I posted above is cut off at the end slightly to keep the size down.

Running slowed down to 1/3rd speed.

Still of the "cleanest" shot of him. That's (mostly) not compression from saving/uploading the picture btw, that's the actual blur effect used in the trailer.

VDay fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 13, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nice work mate!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Is it completely dumb that this two-note, 10 second teaser theme for The Flash is what has given me the most hype for it?

Nope. That teaser theme is pretty amazing and only hypes it more. :flashfap:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
New preview clip:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=399235166881188

Nothing particularly spoilery. Lyla's back, the cure worked as intended on Roy.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

hcreight posted:

New preview clip:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=399235166881188

Nothing particularly spoilery. Lyla's back, the cure worked as intended on Roy.

Looks like Ollie is gonna be working more on the transition to a different moral approach. Should make how he finally solves the issue of Slade rather interesting.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
Barry better install a spark arrestor or The Sierra Club is going to put out a hit on him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a clear still of the Flash logo?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The show logo or the one on his suit?

The Wiki page has a smaller one for the show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flash_%282014_TV_series%29

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

jedibeavis posted:

Barry better install a spark arrestor or The Sierra Club is going to put out a hit on him.

I don't know if that's fire or "Speed Force." It actually HAS to be speed force, because he's probably running to fast to breathe to begin with.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Drifter posted:

I don't know if that's fire or "Speed Force." It actually HAS to be speed force, because he's probably running to fast to breathe to begin with.

It automatically fades out a certain distance from him, so pretty clearly Goes Fast Speed Force.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Ooh, it could be cavitation. :flashfact:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Drifter posted:

Ooh, it could be cavitation. :flashfact:

Cavitation + static electricity = cool red lightning speed force looking stuff.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Error 404 posted:

Cavitation + static electricity = cool red lightning speed force looking stuff.

Episode 2 - The Flash accidentally kills a man after running across a carpet.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Another finale preview clip I don't think has been posted here yet: (spoilers of course) http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Season2-Finale-Video-1081695.aspx

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Rhyno posted:

Is there a clear still of the Flash logo?

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

I wonder how much lighter the tone of the Flash show is going to be.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Skunny Wundy posted:

I wonder how much lighter the tone of the Flash show is going to be.

Captain Cold, you have totes failed this city.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

VagueRant posted:

That is heroic as gently caress

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sooooo... the Arrow facebook page has posted this picture with the quote "War always has casualties."

:ohdear::ohdear::ohdear:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scyantific posted:

Sooooo... the Arrow facebook page has posted this picture with the quote "War always has casualties."

I would be both sad and happy. Sad because, well obviously. And happy because could you imagine the shitstorm? I love to see people lose their poo poo over stuff like that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Nope. No way. Not gonna happen.

Deadpool posted:

I would be both sad and happy. Sad because, well obviously. And happy because could you imagine the shitstorm? I love to see people lose their poo poo over stuff like that.

I will come for you irl!

Also, casualty can mean injury too! What if they broke her back...

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
She'll be fine, just paralyzed from the waist down since she seems set up to be the equalivant to Oracle.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

VagueRant posted:

boom boom boom posted:

That is heroic as gently caress

Yup, sounds loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

teagone posted:

Yup, sounds loving awesome.

I wonder if they are going for a brighter, more heroic tone. Like the Superman cartoon in the DCAU as opposed to BTAS.

That score hell of reminds me of Williams' Superman theme.

• Locked thread