Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Scyron posted:

So what are some "bad" vehicles that could be really fun to own? I made my new character but given I don't have the mad stacks, I am looking for some solid but affordable vehicles that can fill out 16 garage spots.

My main has all the nice super cars and all that, I am looking for kind of gimmick cars or maybe the underappreciated but still fun, or really ugly kind of vehicles.

I so far got a Vader, as my first vehicle from the tutorial, and I just purchased a faggio and would like to maybe get an elegy or 9F, after saving up a bit.

edit; I was eyeing the peyote, phoenix, and blista compact, for; muscle, classic, and compact spots.

I drive my Futo more often than most of my nice cars. I highly recommend one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Yeah the Sultan RS was my go to once I got one. I think you just need to pop the roll cage on it and it turns it into an RS?

Ultra go fast turbo charged AWD four door fun times :q:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Capn Beeb posted:

I think you just need to pop the roll cage on it and it turns it into an RS?

Yep, that makes the change. It's basically a WRX/EVO hybrid-looking AWD rally car and been on of my faves since GTAIV.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
You can usually find me cruisin' around in my Pigalle (which used to have custom Swedish plates), BF Surfer, or topless Kalahari. When I'm not flying my Miljet, that is. :coal:

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Cars are apparently now slower across the board:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69I9d-pi1Qw

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Is anyone else getting randomly kicked out with "Unknown Network error"?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Don't get a bounty on PS4! It doesn't go away when you're killed. Haven't had it for an hour yet to see what happens when you time out.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Yes, a lot.

I realy need to grind up my stats to survive these store robberies, they are taking me out fast and almost every time. I used to use this as foreplay for my rampages >:(

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I drive the HOT PINK merc jeep, the mesa? Jeep with cage. I just drive into everybody and smash poo poo up :getin:

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

playing gta online on the xbone, gamertag Munion. Add me and kill pubbies!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

rally posted:

I drive my Futo more often than most of my nice cars. I highly recommend one.

I found one, but only recognized after I sold it. :x

For some reason when I first read your post I thought of the DLC car panto. I'll try and look out for it again.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sapient Afro posted:

Cars are apparently now slower across the board:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69I9d-pi1Qw
I'd imagine this is due to Rockstar tweaking physics. Maybe he commented on that but I didn't feel like listening to another 7 minutes of his rambling.

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah the Sultan RS was my go to once I got one. I think you just need to pop the roll cage on it and it turns it into an RS?

Ultra go fast turbo charged AWD four door fun times :q:
Can you get the Blista in Online? You can get it in SP.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Physics tweaking? I guess that's why cars feel so different now. I used to be able to swing around in my Zentorno like it's nothing but now I'm overshooting turns like mad.

Also, did anyone else notice that Rockstar has apparently changed the friendly lock on system? It now asks whether you want to lock on to everyone, lock on to only strangers, or to strangers if they attack you.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Also, did anyone else notice that Rockstar has apparently changed the friendly lock on system? It now asks whether you want to lock on to everyone, lock on to only strangers, or to strangers if they attack you.

I just noticed this, when I was setting my spawn location, since that doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. Though part of it, seems to be these errors and dropping connection rather than outright disconnects.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

So I just noticed we can have 2 properties now. Time to go shopping for another garage so I can finally get some low end cars and not have to sell fully upgraded ones for some junker.

Edit: Anyone notice that you are set to rank 1 on crews on PS4 after you transfer from another console? I know it says I am over 100 on my crew ingame but the social club says I am only rank 1.

Big Floppy fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 19, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Okay, I just noticed something, and I think I want to roll with it, zombie car sales man, Declasse edition. I already have 2 declasse and I know they make more, and my terrible face can make the final sale all the better!

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
My coolest "crappy" car by far is the Mariachi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVy2i6KZHY4

The effort involved, while not that much, is enough to ensure you'll almost never see someone with one.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

este posted:

My coolest "crappy" car by far is the Mariachi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVy2i6KZHY4

The effort involved, while not that much, is enough to ensure you'll almost never see someone with one.

I didn't realise the "Thelma and Louise" bit was in Online as well. That's pretty cool.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Opinions on the Vacca or Voltic, after I try and secure my R8 9F?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I like having the Voltic around because it's an electric super car but the thing seems to flip and tumble at a slight nudge and even with 100% armor the front end collapses after a couple of collisions. It feels like I'm driving around a kid's toy.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Policenaut posted:

I like having the Voltic around because it's an electric super car but the thing seems to flip and tumble at a slight nudge and even with 100% armor the front end collapses after a couple of collisions. It feels like I'm driving around a kid's toy.

Doesn't armour only account for bullet penetration?

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get used to drooling at next gen stuff for two more months. I actually like that they reduced acceleration, it was just crazy fast on PS3/360. Too fast. I'm obviously not all about 100% realism in my GTA, but I like that change.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is Online not connecting at all for everyone or is Rockstar hating Australians again?

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

Doesn't armour only account for bullet penetration?

Armor helps the car take more overall damage. Be it getting shot up or crashing into other things or people.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
If this has been asked already I apologise, but I was flying around the city in a fighter jet when all of a sudden I got thrown out of my plane and found myself having to open my chute.

Half a minute later my chute died, I wasn't shot at or anything, it just disappeared, and I found myself crashing to the floor below.

That's the second time I've been thrown from a plane so I'm wondering if there's a bug?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Samsquamsch posted:

I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get used to drooling at next gen stuff for two more months. I actually like that they reduced acceleration, it was just crazy fast on PS3/360. Too fast. I'm obviously not all about 100% realism in my GTA, but I like that change.

On 360 the cars were slow, then patched faster, then reverted in a later patch, then patched back up to faster again...

Sooooo, going by that methodology, they probably forgot to put the "yo cars go faster now" code from the patches into the main PS4/Bone builds cause they dumb.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

thehustler posted:

If this has been asked already I apologise, but I was flying around the city in a fighter jet when all of a sudden I got thrown out of my plane and found myself having to open my chute.

Half a minute later my chute died, I wasn't shot at or anything, it just disappeared, and I found myself crashing to the floor below.

That's the second time I've been thrown from a plane so I'm wondering if there's a bug?
It's possible Rockstar have implemented a Fun Detector. You were having too much fun so you were booted from the jet.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

On my PS3, that used to happen when my controller started to go bad. I'd hit left arrow to change the radio station, or use the controller to steer and I'd jump from a moving vehicle, or take cover in the middle of shooting someone. The sensors on the inside of the controllers are very easily disturbed, and I have a two year old that likes to throw them around - we go through them a lot.

Could be that if you're on the PS3.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Alternatively if it's a new form of hack where you can eject people from cars / planes, that's hilarious.

Did they ever sort out that whole rape hack thing?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Kelly posted:

On my PS3, that used to happen when my controller started to go bad. I'd hit left arrow to change the radio station, or use the controller to steer and I'd jump from a moving vehicle, or take cover in the middle of shooting someone. The sensors on the inside of the controllers are very easily disturbed, and I have a two year old that likes to throw them around - we go through them a lot.

Could be that if you're on the PS3.

Yeah this is p. much the thing that made me most happy about the current gen re-release. I don't bail out of my car/helicopter/jet every time i take a left turn anymore (frick no I wasn't about to buy another terrible DS3 with the re-release so close)
:kiddo:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Croccers posted:

Is Online not connecting at all for everyone or is Rockstar hating Australians again?
Rockstar is suggesting all players in Australia move to somewhere in Asia where they have real internet.

thehustler posted:

stop pressing triangle

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Looks like im about to go trade in Destiny and hop back into the fray.... but I can't decide between this or Far Cry 4... I just miss chasing people down and making them upset...
i'm so disappointed in you. we thought you were a 'real dude', you walked the walk and talked the talk, then you disappeared. and now, far cry 4? i'm crying inside. not inside, i'm crying. just crying now.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

If I am not mistaken, I remember having issues with the Daemon being insurable on ps3, since it was considered a gang vehicle. The Daemon is now fully insurable, if anyone cares.

I also wanted to ask, wasn't there two different BF injections, one being rusted and crappy, other clean and pristine?

Scyron fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 19, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Did anyone else notice the Zentorno now has a back license plate? Amusingly enough once I gave it a custom plate the option to remove said custom plate vanished. :thatrockstargif:

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
Alright, I've got the ps4 version. What's the crew to join? Psn is zosologist

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Zosologist posted:

Alright, I've got the ps4 version. What's the crew to join? Psn is zosologist

Leet Like Jeff K

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up
The servers are kinda barren on the Xbone. Successfully transferred my 360 main character but found the server got full to only about 10 people. Perhaps because of the character transfer issue?

Reppin LLJK. Lets kill white dots yall

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Scyron posted:

If I am not mistaken, I remember having issues with the Daemon being insurable on ps3, since it was considered a gang vehicle. The Daemon is now fully insurable, if anyone cares.

I also wanted to ask, wasn't there two different BF injections, one being rusted and crappy, other clean and pristine?

You just couldn't take the ones FROM a gang attack after a certain patch. My first-ever GTAO vehicle was a Daemon that I've had ever since, and I have on on each of my 3 characters.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

EL Bombastico posted:

The servers are kinda barren on the Xbone. Successfully transferred my 360 main character but found the server got full to only about 10 people. Perhaps because of the character transfer issue?

Reppin LLJK. Lets kill white dots yall

Matchmaking seems to be having a bit of an issue all the way around.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

It seems like driving the Akuma is much easier than it was previously.

BitBasher posted:

Matchmaking seems to be having a bit of an issue all the way around.

I was mostly in a session by myself as each time I was in a session with 10 or so other players they suddenly would drop out. I did see some LLJK members popup then leave pretty quickly.

The only problem I've run into is my photos aren't showing up on social club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Upon seeing my dude in the shower when I logged on, I thought that my body was showing wear and tear and those were tire marks on my back.

NOPE. It's hair.

• Locked thread