Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
^^ I wonder if the attack chopper still spawns at the NOOSE Compound. I'll have to go check it out.

I have to say that playing with friends makes this game about 1000x more fun, so everybody should be joining a goon crew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

theBeaz posted:

Just checked for you... looks like a negative Goon sir.

vvvvv

Problem is you look just like me. And I look like everyone else.

Oh man that's disappointing. I suppose it makes sense though.

Thanks for checking!

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

I just loaded up GTA:O and it gave me the option to edit my characters looks. Anyone else had this happen? I keep my rank, but I can change up all my sliders and stuff. Weird!

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Tri86 posted:

Well you could just not respond if you don't know what the issue is. That's usually what normal people do.

They're making jokes, dude. Lighten the gently caress up!

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Is the 'Join Crew' option working for you guys? It keeps telling me that it failed to find compatible sessions with crew members in. Someone said the cloud was down earlier, so that might be it, just wondering if anyone else has had any luck.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Isn't that referred to as "Love" or something? Sort of a sudden death tiebreaker volley? I know fuckall about tennis, though.

It's duece. Love is when you have 0 points. :)

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

So I just switched to my online character and it asked me if I wanted to edit her appearance, and I said no, and it said it couldn't connect to the game. Okay, no problem, happens a lot. I go to reconnect, and it's now erased the character it JUST showed me 30 seconds ago. Nice!

The cloud is freaking the gently caress out right now. Your character is probably still there, you'll just need to try again a bit later.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Knightmare posted:

For those who got past the tutorials, is it still tough to get into GTAO or was the primary bottleneck? Assuming your character wasn't deleted of course.

I've been able to get in without any problems since yesterday morning. I'm on the PS3 in the UK. Character has saved and everything!

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

Is there any way to turn off/reduce volume on voice chat on the PS3? I tried playing a few games online this morning and all I heard was 12 year olds screeching at the top of their lungs at about twice the volume of the game itself.

Bring up the interaction menu and there's an option to turn chat off completely or set it to crew, friends, and crew + friends.

Stiggs fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 4, 2013

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

I'd like to thank the 5 or 6 goons that I teamed up with last night on PS3. We started hunting down pubbies and ended up in Sandy Shores, started a war between us, the pubbies and the cops. Online owns, 10/10.

Also I noticed if you start missions and then back out into free roam you don't end up with the same people. I was wondering if there was a way to end up where you left off in free roam?

When you can vote on missions after completing one, one of the options is to vote for free roam, I think that puts you into a free roam with the guys you just did the mission with.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Tuxedo Jack posted:

If you watch Weazel News in your apartment, you can watch other players in your session being chased by the cops. :aaaaa:

Haha, that is awesome. I really need to save up for a house.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Ghetto Blaster posted:

Can anyone tell me how i leave a crew?

Go to the crews page on the social club site, there's a leave option there.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Bloodloss posted:

Finally got to try this properly. Pretty fun. Nice driving Stiggs, shame we couldn't ditch those cops. Also, gently caress that Beni guy! I really need to get a mic for my PS3.

Haha, Beni was was on a loving rampage!

I actually managed to get away from the cops after you jumped out and took their attention. My car had no tyres left. It was a slow, slippery drive to the nearest mod shop.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Cumshot in the Dark posted:

Is there a secret to stealing your impounded car? None of the gates at the lot open.

The gates should open when you're trying to leave, it's bugged if they aren't.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

To whoever FORutkowski is in GTA, sorry I just abandoned you buddy! I had to get going. :(

Stiggs fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 4, 2013

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wish I knew more about why people who were invited to my game weren't joining.

I think a lot of people just can't be bothered. I sent out a ton of invites today to the Third Street crew and only one or two joined. I guess they were doing other stuff.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

But if they were doing other stuff, wouldn't it say "busy" or "refused" or whatever?

I don't think so, for busy I think you have to set your phone to busy, and refused means they saw it and actively declined it. When it just says invited, I think it's just sitting in their phone and they've ignored it.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Insanite posted:

I'm a bit confused about voice chat. When you use the interaction menu to swap voice to nobody/crew/friends/crew+friends, does that mean that you can't hear random pubbies in the instance, or should you still be able to hear them, but they can't hear you? And does proximity come into play at all?

Also, the 1.02 PS3 patch has things mostly going smoothly for me. Glitched out and lost a race's winnings once, and I also lost connection *after* finishing a mission and was told that I was a bad sport for quitting early (!?), but I received cash and RP, anyway.

It means that only the group that you set chat to can hear you, and you can only hear them. As far as I can tell proximity chat is not a thing.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

me your dad posted:

I signed up in the 1000-1009 thread, but I must be missing something. I only jumped online for the first time last night, but I seemed to be with pubbies.

Go to the 'Online' section of the pause menu and you can join crew/friends. If you want to join a specific friend you go to the friends section of the menu and do it through there.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Combat Pretzel posted:

Says here "Spent on heathcare and bail" for every freeroam death of mine. Despite talk about it being fixed in the last patch.

Someone posted earlier saying that the patch only fixes the bug where you were losing money for dying while in deathmatches and such. Losing money for dying in free roam is working as intended, I think.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

Side note, suppressors are great. The damage reduction is pretty much minuscule for being able to kill people without popping up on radar.

What else determines whether or not you show up on radar? I seem to always be able to see everybody on the enemy team at all times, is that just because they are sprinting around non-stop?

Do you have to be in stealth mode to not show up, or is just walking enough?

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Lotish posted:

I keep trying to join a game with a friend from my crew, but whenever we do an activity and try to move back to free roam it dumps us in different servers. This is getting annoying.

Are you voting for free roam and it's still putting you in different sessions?

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

El Hefe posted:

How could they even patch this out? It seems like the game world reloads because of a memory issue.

They could make it so that you can't go to the money store while you're wanted by the cops. Then it would just take too much time to be worth doing.

Though no doubt someone out there would still do it for 12 hours a day.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Songbearer posted:

I went from rank 7 to 9 by playing through missions one after another without returning to Freeroam, have I missed my chance to change my guy's appearance? I look normal but the lack of a jawline makes me look like a gangsta Two Worlds.

You'll get the option next time you go online.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

all apologies posted:

I understand connection issues and all that, but if you cant guarantee saving progress the online portion should not have been launched

This is bullshit.

It's not like they intended for your characters to get deleted and your progress to be wiped. It's a bug.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

I don't think that's a really fair comparison. I've beta'd and played release of probably two dozen MMOs and not once did I ever expect something as severe as the server losing characters to happen. Bugs are bugs, but whoever said this should not have been marked as ready for release was right.

But these issues are only cropping up due to the massive influx of players. If they never released it, they would never know about these bugs, so how could they possibly fix something they didn't know was broken?

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

Well then call it what it is and warn players, "hey, you're guinea pigs, so expect characters to vanish." Don't tell us it's released "with bugs but we're working on it just keep playing if you can." I'd almost rather have them take it down than see all these players losing their progress. Comparatively with other online game problems, I think completely erasing all progress for a player is seated firmly at the top of the list.

I definitely agree that they should be more vocal about these issues, I was just pointing out that delaying release wouldn't have helped anything. :)

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, weird. You mean, money other than what your killer takes off your dead body?

edit: speaking of which, I was killing someone over and over again yesterday and each time he dropped $100. Is that the money from his bank account that you are talking about, or is that just free money that is a reward for me for killing him even though he had no cash on him?

That $100 is just your reward for murdering a dude that has no cash on him at the time.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Pivit posted:

What do the numbers mean when you're queuing for a race?

3/1, 12/5, etc

They're your odds. Used for betting.

Which nobody ever seems to do. Why does nobody ever bet?!

Stiggs fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 6, 2013

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

If you have multiple cars, how do you choose which ones spawns with you? Does it just go by your previously driven car?

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

You spawn inside your apartment when you start the game. If you are outside it spawns you with the last vehicle you drove outside. If you walked out of your apartment you can call Mechanic to have him deliver any of your cars.

Oh nice. Why the hell didn't it work like this in singleplayer?

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

You guys posting your ID's should probably also include which platform you're playing on.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Spaz Medicine posted:

What's the criteria for kicking someone out of a freeroam game? Some jerk shot me out of my helicopter, so I exacted revenge on him and his friends, only to get kicked. Why would they even let you start fights with people if you just get booted for killing them?

The kicked message just seems to be a generic disconnect message that's popping up incorrectly.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Innovacious posted:

Is using Lester to locate a car just totally random? I used it and he stuck a random marker the other side of the city, got there and it was just a quad bike.

He did the exact same thing for me. Seems completely pointless!

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Hey, so someone mentioned you were able to send people text messages in-game, but I can't figure out how to do it. Any tips and tricks for unlocking this secret?

You have to be in the same session as them, then just bring up your phone and go to contacts, find their name then 'Send Message'.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

So still no idea how to load your in-game photos to the social club crew page?

It happens automatically.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Just did a game of Top Fun where the team in Jets actually won!

Nice job, cosbonaut. He killed all 4 guys by himself. :v:

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Is it only crew members that can enter your house?

My friend was trying to get in but couldn't see any way of entering!

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

He has to buzz at the blue circle or you can hold Back/Select and invite whoever is in the session to your apartment and they'll teleport there.

Robawesome posted:

You walk up to the front door and inside the house you'll receive a prompt to answer the door. I had a PSN Friend inside my house so Crew membership is definitely not necessary.

Thanks guys, didn't realise I could invite people in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Has anyone successfully had the mechanic deliver them one of their cars? I request a delivery, he says he's bringing it, then I get a phonecall 20 seconds later and he tells me he can't do it. :(

• Locked thread