Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

AhhYes posted:

Not sure if this should be in the OP or not, but I'm aware that I'm not the only one experiencing this: Not only have I not been able to connect to GTA:O, the update has cased bad glitches in my singleplayer game.

Post-update, I can't switch characters in singleplayer. Since I'm on a mission that requires switching mid-mission, the story mode is essentially locked out for me. I can freeroam as Michael, but I have none of the weapons I had before and can't switch.

Reload an earlier save. I hope you save manually often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009
Nobody is setting any world records. The servers are making GBS threads themselves and can't identify the actual world record. So it thinks anyone that finishes the race set a world record.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think people are kinda scared of trying to do any of the lobby based stuff at the moment since they don't want the game to freeze once they've managed to escape tutorial parking lot purgatory.

Yeah that's true. I actually crashed the first time I tried to do a non tutorial job. Logged off afterwards. It's really not worth wasting any more time until the servers are more stable.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Tri86 posted:

Oh that's cool.

When you see someone who's new at something you immediately act like a dick. Great guy here.

There's no voice chat in the character creation menu. That's why they are poo poo posting.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

numbs posted:

When do the money cards come out? Has Rockstar said anything about them?

Nobody knows. And you already asked once on this page.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Soggy Muffin posted:

I must be an idiot, I can't figure out how to do the quick action without having to go into select mode. Surely that isn't the quickest way?

Press both sticks. Like using a special ability in singleplayer.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Chillmatic posted:

Everyone says you need to "sleep" to keep your character from looking like poo poo, but how do you do that in game?

You do it when you create a character. High sleep / low illegal stat keeps your character from looking like a junkie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Chillmatic posted:

Huh, but she looked fine initially. There's no way to fix it in the game once the appearance starts to look like rear end?

If she looked fine after you created her it will go away eventually. You get minor bruises/cuts during play but they go away.

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Oct 6, 2013

• Locked thread