Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Apartments allow you to spawn at your apartment when you log in. They also allow you to use the shower and sing into the mic for extra RP :sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Obsurveyor posted:

Way more important than silly helicopters: The BMX bike still spawns at the half pipe behind the community center!
Don't forget to put your loving helmet on from the Inventory menu (Hold Back/Select) for when idiots knock you off the bike and you wang your head. Helmets save lives! :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:siren: Selling cars at Mod Shops
You can sell most cars off the streets at the car mod shops. You can only do this every 30+ minutes or so though.
-A perfect condition Landstalker gets $5800

Anyone got other prices?

Merchant of Death posted:

Gallivanter Baller undamaged got me 9,000$
Obey Tailgater it was damaged and I got around 7,400$ for it.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 3, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

Maybe you should go buy a loving sense of humor if you're going to post here.
How many GTAbux does that cost? I spent the last of my current cash on turning a slightly faster SUV into my personal car.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

cka posted:

Top Fun is the best goddamn mission (so far), even if you're eating rockets or flying into rear end in a top hat telephone poles
There's a Top Fun 2 and 3 as well. Dunno about a forth.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Lester Missions are pretty cool.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
loving Gerald, I don't loving want Death Metal for the 10th time!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How do I get Gerald to stop giving me only the Death Metal mission? :arghfist::(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Remember a lot of the more interesting missions only go up to 2 or 4 players. Some of the Lester missions are pretty cool but only allow 2 players.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare posted:

I don't know if trains exist but I think hopping in a train under cover would be a good way to ride out a day with a bounty for that achievement. And also make everyone cry while chasing you down.
If even just two players are semi-organized, one grabs a chopper, the other sits gunner in the side.
Two mates and I were placing $1000 bounties on people then hunting them down from the chopper. We ended up with quite a lot of angry players and bounties on our own heads and only buggered off when the cops damaged our chopper too much, then we shot each other to collect the bounties on our heads.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare posted:

What's the point of putting bounties on people and killing them yourselves? Isn't it your own money?
So they know the most dangerous hunt has started :black101:

That and it's only $2000. You can get that from holding up a store or two.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DongsMcMurphy posted:

If you're not doing so already, you should wait for him to get some distance, watch where he's going on the map, and then intercept him. Worked for me, at least.
What about shooting and popping out their tires to slow them down?

Also taking out tires in GTA:O is either very easy or I've just became quite good at it suddenly.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

CaptainStag posted:

The "GTA Race" with weapons seems like complete garbage. Get a good start, get out front and be blown up by everyone else for your trouble. Oh, and it takes so long to respawn and get back up to speed you're now guaranteed to come in near last because the races are all so short. If I want vehicular deathmatch I'm better off just pissing people off on the free roam map.
GTA Race is the best :colbert: Go back to Forza/GT if you wanna straight race

The trick to GTA Race starts is to hang to the sides at the start and shoot out tires like a mofo. Blowing up cars just lets them respawn with a new one, if you burst out tires they have to nick a new car, get a repair pick-up or reset manually.
And of course if you're losing and it's a lap-race you can just jam up an area with buses/cars and shoot everyone as they come by.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Really guys. If some jerkoff is chasing you and harassing you in Free-Roam, shoot out the tires to their car if possible. It forces them to either nick a new car to follow you or repair their ride.
Also don't forget to buy Bulletproof tires when you unlock them :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So I tried dressing my guy up in a suit but you just end up looking like a prat, that's why no-one is in a suit.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Wow Rockstar, you are loving turds. Maybe instead of loving turning off Mission Replay just lower the rewards for the missions they're exploiting?
Fail/Finishing a mission and your loving Vote Screen is just 2-3 team Grab-snatches, lovely LTS and just more races. So if you want to do another mission you have to drop out, load, select a mission, load, invite friends, load, start mission, load.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
If you get a police van you can get people to sit in the back with the door and shoot. The Cargobob can pick up the Police Van with your crew sitting in the back of the van. GTA physics do not like carrying poilce vans with crew mates in it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So when you do a Gang Attack, what exactly am I looking for when it talks about loot?
It's a shame you have to get up to Rank 20+ to start unlocking the more fun missions and extra free-roam stuff. Also how often do the Security Vans spawn?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfJ4mBxRXM&t=65s
:colbert:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Rabble posted:

I was playing last night and I overheard someone robbing a convenience store. "Give me the money" "yeah that's right rear end in a top hat" It was someone speaking into their microphone and it was awesome. I've got to go get a headset to yell at fake store clerks.
And sing in your shower for extra RP too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I don't really like the AK, it's really inaccurate if you fire over like, more than 4 shots unlike the SMG. Oh gawd the SMG is amazing.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

TorakFade posted:

Hey guys, I got a 2-car garage and put my starter car (Ubermacht Zion Cabrio) in there, plus the Elegy RH8, the one you get for free by being on Social Club.

Now I'd like to remove the Elegy because I don't like it very much and exchange it with a bike, but it seems like the Elegy got a signal+insurance automatically. Can I get rid of it somehow?
You can still sell your signal+insuranced cars at Mod Shops.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

tehsid posted:

Any 360 goons (preferably KROO) want to grind Violent Duct? Hit me up (GT:t3hsid)

Also, restarting missions is Right Trigger on 360, right? As I'm still not 100% on how to do it.
I can help you with that just as soon as I can leave this mod-shop. I have like, 3-4 people camping it trying to claim my grand $1000 bounty.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

The first SMG is painful, yeah, since you only get 16 bullets until you get extended mag. The MP5 is a good replacement until you get the AK.
Psssh, the only thing the AK does better is have longer lock-on range (but you still get pistol sniped by the AI), the SMG/MP5 is accurate for more than three shots.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How do you open up the cargo door on the Titan?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Oh neat, I got a 5% discount for having a 90% Good Guy rating.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

TjyvTompa posted:

How do you see the % of your good/bad guy rating?
I didn't, that's just what the little popup said. I get a 5% discount for having a 90% good rating from other players. :shrug:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Where do you get the baseball bat from? A bunch of the kRoo and some of my friends have it but no-one knows where it came from.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lunethex posted:

What do you mean by running up your stealth? Is there a good spot to stand for that stat?
Your apartment/garage. Just enter Sneak mode and walk around in circles for about 40-50 minutes.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Agoat posted:

Yeah, I use the .50 Pistol most of the time. It's ruthless.
The .50 Pistol is a beast of a gun. Two body shots will down an unarmoured player, the only better pistol is the AP pistol and that's like a Rank 30-something unlock.
I stick suppressors on my guns to stop the police from turning up quicker.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
This No-Replay stuff wouldn't be as large of an issue if you could select proper bloody missions from the Mission Vote screen instead of Single Round Counter Strike, Most Toys Wins (Team)Deathmatch, Mandatory Wave Defence Hide & Seek Mode and several buckets full of Races. At least more races unlock as you level up I guess. :sigh:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:siren: The one-time LifeInvader discounts carry over and work in GTA:O as well.
10% discount at Legendary Motorsport.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The removal of replaying a successful mission is annoying because if my team has taken 3 tries to finish it and finally do, I'd like to jump back in and try it again. Instead I have to sit through a loading screen, vote I want out, load, call up for missions, load, wait for players, load again to finally start the mission!
And the biggest reason why I'm replaying these missions is because I want to play missions! I don't want to play races! I don't want Deathmatches! Missions! I want to play your content! Put loving missions on the Job Voting screen!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Robawesome posted:

While I totally agree with you and find the co-op missions the most fun, "story-wise" it isn't really realistic. The Contact missions are supposed to be one-time interactions, Gerald doesn't need a big bag of coke every ten minutes and Martin isn't supposed to want the same guy assassinated ten times in a row.
It stems more from if you want to play a mission that Tony 'Gerald' Montana or Martin gives, you have to go through several loading screens to get another go to anything. So it was easier just to restart the mission and play it again.
If the missions were on a random pick-list you'd have less grinding. Finish Violent Duct then it loads you into Flooding the LS River (or whatever) then finishing that switches you to Death Metal.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
My gawd, where are you getting your pubbies from?
The Australian pool doesn't seem to get as many idiots as this.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The Coxie posted:

Is there a way of influencing the matchmaking to only put you in games with other people in your region? There are two main issues I've been having with online:

1. I'm in Australia and 99% of the time I'm being matched with spanish-speaking people and the game lags like crazy.
2. I also am being "kicked" from any game (deathmatch, free roam) with more than 2 other players.
Welcome to Rockstar matchmaking! (And 80% of auto-matchmaking systems in general) Where this poo poo has pretty much been going on the whole time but gently caress fixing it, try living in the US next time buddy :suicide:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Dammit Rockstar. What the gently caress am I meant to do with a vehicle I don't want anymore that sells for over $50k? That's a nice money-sink for when they relaunch the cash-cards :v:
Here, buy some expensive cars with money you paid :10bux: for. Don't want that car anymore? WHOOPS hahahahaha.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Robawesome posted:

50k is peanuts, quit your bitching. Thanks.

Knightmare posted:

*spends a ton of money on a car*

*can't get any price when selling it*
Sure the 50k limit is just two Base Invaders but sure, arbitrary limits on selling cars are fine :v:
Pretty much any of the luxury/super cars you buy online you won't be able to resell at all even at stock.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

El Hefe posted:

I have a 200k apartment and there's no such thing.
When you enter your apartment it's through that door to your immediate left. It should have a laptop in there and a blueprint map on the wall.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Wait, so if someone busts up your car when they're in a tank, they don't have to pay for the insurance? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Free Aim is total poo poo because of the Pistol-sniping enemy NPCs more than the players themselves.

• Locked thread