Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

lady blue shanghai posted:

Made a new char with guide for creating not-hideous female chars (thanks goon who posted it) and now I'm on the screen that with a blue bar at the top with settings - players - details (I can't interact with it). It says launching session in small text at the bottom right and I can hear static in my headset. Is this the race-launching problem so many people have had? Haven't experienced this particular fail yet. Can it be waited out, or should I go ahead and kill the game from the xmb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I got past the intro movie. I walked to the blue trigger and a cutscene played where a guy drove up next to me and got out of his car and walked away. My char stood there looking at the car. Then it went to a blurry shot of the city overlaid with that blue bar and "launching session" and it was just chilling like that. I spoke to a guy over voice chat that said he could see me standing there and that he's been waiting a long time too. :unsmith: I killed the game.

I had a funny glitch though. In character creation, my gal was stuck in talking animation - her mouth wouldn't stop moving and she was gesturing. It kept going through the Lamar cutscene.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Obsurveyor posted:

No, that's your microphone or god forbid, Kinect, picking up ambient sound. Mute that poo poo immediately. People broadcasting all the time are the worst!

Oh god I'm sorry :ohdear:

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I don't understand that thing posted above so I'll just add the guide I used to make a human-esque female character

some goon posted:

It's hard as hell to create a female character that doesn't look like a loving neanderthal, but the closest I got was with the following settings:
Mother's Side
Grandmother 5
Grandfather 1
80% to Grandfather
Fathers's Side
Grandmother 4
Grandfather 1
60% to Grandmother
Female
90% to Mother's side.

And I have another question. If the cloud servers go down and your characters appear deleted, are they really deleted or will they come back when the cloud servers come back?

My game crashed last night but today my initial char was still there. After restarting just now, both my first char and newer one are gone.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Finally got in on PS3 but it's such a ghost town There were like 2 other people tops, and most of the time I was alone. Couldn't complete the tutorial because you need other people to do Cypress Flats.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Arturo Robusto posted:

Anyone know the best car you can get for free? I just switched the piece of poo poo I started with for a Dominator I found out by the canal and railroad.

How do you switch? I picked a really bad car (I think it's a hybrid) but when I take something else to LCS my only option is to sell it :confused:

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
17 new pages overnight? I'm guessing the patch helped a lot of people :newlol:
:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
The update hardlocked my machine again :stare: but the game works now (NA PS3). I haven't been able to keep a char long enough to level up or get money, though. That doesn't bother me so much because I'm not losing much, but I am bummed that they have disallowed grinding those two missions :(
Grind while you can 360 goons

• Locked thread