Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Los Santos Customs upgrades:

Is there a disadvantage to the turbo upgrade compared to the transmission/engine upgrade? They all improve acceleration, but the turbo upgrade has the largest increase in the bar while at the same time costing much less than the other two.

Also, I notice that you can max out your acceleration bar when in Los Santos Customs with just a turbo upgrade on some cars. Would upgrading the transmission, even though there is no effect on the stat bar, improve acceleration further?

Again with acceleration, I notice that this stat in particular is drastically reduced when looking at your car stats in a race with custom cars vs when looking at it in Los Santos Customs.

I assume that, since this is GTA, there is no reason to put any thought into it beyond buying all the most expensive upgrades to maximize performance and it's best to ignore all other details. I just wanted to see if I was missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

Doesn't the Turbo option require you to win 50 or so times with that class of car in a race?

What's the problem?

don't think it is that many

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Griffon posted:

500K doesn't make up for losing my character with the world record achievement unlocked. :emo:

The world record is bugged and common to get. I get a world record fairly often and it has nothing to do with my performance since I've gotten it in a race near last place. You get it whenever the game fails to pull the leaderboard stats so you are #1 out of 1 player (yourself).

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Zombie Boat posted:

How do you take a selfie?

Naked, always.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Psion posted:

Yeah anyone who doesn't want their 500k GTAbux I'm completely willing to take it off your hands. Just a service I provide.

That should only take 100 (or 200) in-game days to accomplish at $5,000 per day (or 2 days).

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

GruntyThrst posted:

I've gone deep down into the car collecting rabbit hole. 10 cars is no longer enough. :saddowns:

I need at least one car for every land vehicle race category. Then I need one car for every mood I'm in for casual driving. Then various crew friendly cars.

That's at least 50 cars.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

Why are mission selections so out of whack?

I haven't seen a survival mission pop up as a vote choice until now, at rank 11. I really prefer the PvE missions over the PvP ones that seem to be like 99% of the voting choices after a mission.

Did you notice the "Requires Rank 15 (you are rank 11)" in the Survival lobby? Your host was Rank +15 or else it wouldn't be possible to show up. Just rank up to 15 and host your own* at will from freemode.

*Pause | Online | Job List | Survival
You don't even need to find it on your map.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

There are "Missions" in the voting selection and there are "Missions" that you get on your phone. There is zero crossover between the two mission types.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Feenix posted:

Are survival levels level-gated? I only ever get Boneyard.

Yes. Level 20 and 25 open up some more. There are 5 total and I haven't unlocked the 5th one yet at rank 28.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

This is my new main ride, complete with clown horn and crew (orange) tire smoke. Once I hit level 61, it will be replaced by an even more gaudy Ruiner.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Legitimately? Selling the most expensive car every 48 minutes since the game launched wouldn't even crack 500k.

((14 days * 24 hours * 60 minutes) / 48 minutes) * $9600 = $4 million

edit:

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

So uh, I left my upgraded default vehicle (SUV) parked on the street while I finished a job. I stole a Coupe while running from the cops after completing the job, and to escape them I drove to my garage and parked inside.

Now my SUV has disappeared and the POS Coupe is my default.

I realize I'm probably screwed, but is this a known bug? The only disappearing car glitch I could find was supposedly fixed in teh October 8th title update. Id like to avoid repeating this.

Your main car is the last car you drove out of the garage. If you haven't taken the coupe out of the garage, your SUV is still on your map. All of your cars should be back in the garage if you leave GTA Online and come back. Also, you can call your mechanic (if you are not near your apartment or another owned vehicle) and have him deliver the SUV to you. If you don't see the SUV in the list of cars your mechanic can deliver to you, you no longer own it and it's bugged (you're hosed).

Spoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 15, 2013

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I assume the BF Dune Buggy doesn't exist in GTA Online or it is, at the very least, the rarest vehicle. I can't even get a single search result hit of someone referencing it outside of single player or stock choices in an offroad race.

Carbohydrates posted:

And that's assuming you're using random Felon GTs to sell. I did it a few times with my maxed modded Dominator, which got me $89k each time.

The point was calculating the max return on selling cars legitimately without glitching involved. I had a modded car unexplainedly duped in my garage and sold the extra one for just under 90k too. In fact, it's happened 2 or three times. I want my garage in order, damnit! (the bonus money doesn't hurt)

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I'll happily do Los Santos Connection, Extradition and Coked up multiple times anyway just because they're fun.

The best part about Extradition is the landing. The first time I played it, we had 3 pilots that could actually land safely. The first guy landed to the side of the cranes and taxied over to the waypoint. I wanted nothing to do with playing it safe and decided I'd thread the needle to land directly on the waypoint under the cranes. I come in hot and hit the waypoint perfectly. However, the first guy was already parked on the waypoint. This lead to him blowing up instantly and me parked safely in his place.

Now I try to be the first one there so that I can still thread the needle, but wait on the East end for the rest of the planes to come in before I taxi to the waypoint.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I love my pipes

My most inviting vehicle

The result of a 4 star buzzard rampage

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Mucking About posted:

You must tell me what this fabulous car is! :allears:

It's the Ruiner with the level 61 tailpipe unlock. The best way to find one is to drive any type of muscle car around for a while.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

BF Dune Buggy

Since I wanted one and couldn't find any good information about it anywhere in regards to GTA:O, I wanted to share my findings.

Yes, there is a (lvl 40?) Trevor cellphone job that includes BF Dune Buggies.
Yes, you can stay in the vehicle after the job completes and use it in free roam.
No, you cannot enter a mod shop.
No, you cannot enter your garage.

Since it also cannot be purchased, there is no way to legitimately own a BF Dune Buggy.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Squirrel Burger posted:

I was just told about a particular RP grinding tip: You know how singing in the shower nets you minor RP? Just leave your character in the shower and play music into your headset overnight for no-hassle RP grinding.

Anyone get a chance to confirm this?

You get 20RP for filling the singing bar. I don't know how quickly that can be done, but if it's once per minute and you leave the game on for 8 hours (with a wired controller), you would gain 9600 RP. That's like completing 3 high-end jobs or 3-4 runs of Criminal Record races.

If you can complete X amount of RP bonuses per minute, just multiply my number by X.

It doesn't sound very significant or efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Nope, They keep delaying it and delaying it however a recent post from them indicates that they want to push both parts out by the end of November.

When will they release a second $500k stimulus package for the hardships endured by the first stimulus package delays?

Edit: What are the chances that I can get the first stimulus package converted to COD:Ghost XP because that's what I'll be playing by the time it gets delivered?

Spoon Man fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 28, 2013

• Locked thread