Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gowb posted:

Good lord. If anyone wants to do that on PS3 with a level 23 guy, my psn name is caesarsaladin. I'll be playing in about 30 min.

You can't restart the mission on PS3 so good luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Has anyone found a trench coat in the online? I've found a fedora and sport coat that matches my irl look, but I sometimes switch it up with a handsome duster.

For reference:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is there some trick to spinning people out in races? It seems that as soon as I try to PIT someone I go flying, but I'm getting purposefully rammed off the road by every man and his dog.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How do you remove the lobby timer. I been in lobbies where it's sometimes 5 mins or not even there at all, where I get maybe a minute thirty tops.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

13stitches posted:

I had a female character at first but then sex changed her when there was the opportunity to. I shouldn't have I guess because the male clothing choices are mostly limited to either yuppie, Ted Nugent's offspring or Jesse Pinkman light. Unless RS add more clothing or another chance of gender change I'm pretty much stuck with my guy it seems.

Female clothing is even worse. My main gripe is that you can get a suit jacket but you can't get a beautiful blue blouse to roleplay as ~*My Lady Lydia*~

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Air Julio posted:

Had a really fun time last night doing a little bit of everything since grinding is gone/nerfed and I gotta say I'm glad it's gone. hosed around in freeroam, ran a few races, played some golf, did some parachuting, and ran a mission or two. Having an actual variety of things to do is a million times better than grinding the same anything over and over. Nothing ever gets boring or stale because you're just onto something else in 5 minutes.

If you're gonna grind, do it so you can get your house and car, then start playing the game "right." Good times, everyone I grouped with! AWCO represent!

I'm on 360 and I have to agree. I grinded up a few mil and before the patch hit I was wandering aimlessly wondering what to spend my worthless money on since everything I want is a few ranks away, but tonite the invites were coming thick and fast for all sorts of game modes. It was wicked.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Harmburger posted:

Handles like hot rear end in a top hat.

As a perennial virgin, I'm trying to figure out of this is good or bad. :crossarms:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Harmburger posted:

So, I was doing a few missions with some goons and dropped out into a session with some pubbies. One of these wouldn't shut the gently caress up, and we kept making fun of him. Especially because had a bounty set my an NPC and was certain it was one of "us bitches" and he was going to "roll" on us when he found out who it was. He said he wanted to "come see me" and that his "boy" was coming with. I called Pegasus, picked up my Rhino, and had all the Goons in session watch me on TV. I blew the gently caress out of him and his boy. Unfortunately for me, both were in personal cars, and that on top of earlier antics, put me into bad sport hell.

Wow, you really owned those fools by getting stuck in the retard people lobby with no way to play with your mates until you get out. That'll show them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

dvorak posted:

I think if someone tries to creep on you first there should be some kind of flag that lets you take their car out if they're in it. I mean it only makes sense.

I make sure to blow up people's cars if they attack me, but I've never done it enough to get bad sport.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

epitasis posted:

You ever find that duster to match your fedora?

No, but I unlocked the faded blue dad jeans to go with my blazer, which is a look I sometimes wear when I want to go formal, but not too formal.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BarkingSquirrel posted:

You missed it, right after he left in shame/rage and you got booted for bad sport status I relentlessly crushed his boy with my Sandking until he too left in shame/rage.
Where the hell did you get the Phoenix? I can't find one ANYWHERE :(

Your post inspired me to go hunting.

Capn Beeb posted:

This would be nice, yes. I'd like an Akuma to go with my Daemon.

Wonderful chrome Daemon :swoon: Wish I could change the seat cover color, though.

I find this mockery of Ta Moko offensive.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mr Scumbag posted:

Uhhhh, I'm pretty sure I read that if someone destroys another person's owned vehicle then they are the ones who end up paying for the insurance and not the player who had their vehicle destroyed. I just had my 950k Z-Type insta-exploded by another player and now I have to pay nearly 12k to get it back.

What gives?

There are ways to get around it. I haven't experimented with it, but I've had it done to me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mr Scumbag posted:

There goes any reason to ever take your personal vehicles out of your garage.

If you've got enough money for a garage, you've got enough money to pay less than it costs to die on insurance in the rare case your car gets destroyed through trickery. If you have an expensive car like a z-type, you're already loaded.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Macrame_God posted:

Can someone explain how full coverage on cars works? I accidentally destroyed my Khamelion during a gang attack, but it came with free full coverage (as does all the collector's edition cars), but a new one hasn't respawned at my garage yet. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to order another free car? I'm weary about modding these cars if I risk losing them permanently like that.

Call the insurance company.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Neckbrace posted:

Whats the trick to getting jobs and missions to actually work? I never get a single person to join. Is it because I'm only level 16?

People would fill them up after launch, then grinding came along and everyone did that instead, when that was patched there was a brief period of people actually playing and now it's a wasteland.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

awesome-express posted:

So I got attacked by two dudes in a custom ride. I retaliated, blew their poo poo up, got a bad sport rating and now I'm in bad sport hell. Great.

I blow people's cars up all the time and I've never been in bad sport hell.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yeah, you really have to work at it in order to bad sport. I was in a tank and it took me at least a dozen cars before I got sent there.

It's a cool way to get revenge on people who attack you because a lot of them seem to want to save money by leaving their cars uninsured. :shobon:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Speaking of car collections, what happens if I want to get rid of cars that LS customs won't take?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Legitimately? Selling the most expensive car every 48 minutes since the game launched wouldn't even crack 500k.

It's been an awesome 2 days of Grand Theft Auto Online. What a ride.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hatbox Ghost posted:

I just did the introduction missions for the second time... after driving through the finish line backwards and beating the intro race against two pubbies, I proceeded to flip them both off from the backseat of the car, dove out at full speed and stole a futo, which I then drove over to the mission destination, ran over the guy and picked up the drugs while they were still caught in the firefight :v:

Where can I find the futo again? I've been searching all over.

I see them all the time...when I drive mine out of my garage. :dukedog:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hatbox Ghost posted:

Fedora with a vest and cargo shorts is the only way to go :colbert:

Sport jacket, and sometimes I switch up with faded dad jeans, but agreed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dictator. posted:

Really wondering how they manage to glitch things that badly. Same with the guys that seemingly have billions in the bank and hand everyone on their server a couple of million (haven't come across a sugardaddy like that yet though).

Is it the same process as getting helis in your garage (so dicking around with menus and in-game stuff) or are they somehow messing with the actual code to achieve this?

Trying to decide on the best sports/super care to buy/find as my daily cruiser. Current contestants are the Rapid GT (aston), Comet (porsche) or F620 (jaguar/masserati). Basically cars I love in real life. The Elegy is quick and drives nicely, but just isn't as good-looking. Which has the best handling?

Also yesterday I set up a roadblock on the Senora freeway, and the resulting traffic jam consisted entirely out of Lampardi Fellons (nice change from the endless parade of Fussilades I've been getting). I decided to keep one and put it in my garage.
A good half hour after that I was dicking around near the harbor where a package/crate was supposed to drop but somehow got kicked out of the game and lost the car.
Also lost the Bati motorcycle I had bought some hours before and tricked out was lost.

Finally got the Martin missions available for me, so I guess I'll be storing the 22k mission car to earn some non-glitched bux.
Is there an easy way to kill the target? I try to block his way and take him out at the point he spawns, but the moment I pull out a gun he dashes off and I have to hunt him down spraying him/the car. Even tried to sniper from across the street but he always gets scared off.

The F620 was my free Simeon car and it served me well.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

The physical disc sales were known to be bad, but the digital releases did well. Especially because if you obught the disc version it operated completely seperate from GTA IV and for most radio stations only kept the new music from the DLC available, where buying the DLC individually on either PS3 or 360 tied the new music and stuff into regular GTA IV gameplay and let you have the full radio playlists while playing TBOGT and TLAD.

The funniest part of this is that the steam release acts as if the dLC and the full game are separate like the disc versions and you can't integrate the radio stations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sounds like they implemented a tryhard tax.

• Locked thread