Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Random server freeroam,
Get helicopter,
Have long rifle.

:smug: When this works it's GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Survival is pretty neat. Forgot which wave but attack helicopter VS my soloing self + hillbillies on foot :haw:

I'd invite lower level crew but it doesn't think I'm in there in-game.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Driving is the pieceiest of cake to level up. I went all sleep & sports with the rest in friends & family and I look great, except my face which is like a black John Marston.

And I took 100% heritage from the mothers sides for both parents and my own female character.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

PS3 cloud seems dead to me, again. At least it knows this PSN account is in a crew now.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

GangsterIsland posted:

I've completed the tutorial all the way through modding the car... then it told me that a mission was available at a blue star. However, there is no blue star on my map. Is it talking about the races? If I try to join any of them, my game just loads forever and I have to quit out of the entire game. Do I need to just rob stores over and over until something unlocks? This is on PS3.

R* servers died again, at least for PS3, again.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

While waiting for the PS3 character cloud to return..

Could have been a sucky moment had there been no way to respawn elsewhere upon taking on a job. Resuming the grind for a sniper rifle when it returns.

On the big map I saw this guy head into AmmuNation so I swung by, major caklunk crash sounds and his private car had teleported inside and dropped on him, no damage done. I helped him out by throwing in a canister of teargas.

e: Recorded my entire round of 1set tennis with cheesetriangles, exactly 25 minutes. In real life tournaments (big ones) single tennis matches have gone on for over six hours. Prepare your seats if you go in for a round.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 3, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Jimbot posted:

When you sell a car at the garage how long before they accept another one? I got 8k for selling them a truck, so I want to see if they'll take a nice high-end sports car next time.

48 real life minutes, apparently.

e: I like to just talk to store clerks, it turns out it makes them speed up.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Do not make new characters. New character now = far too likely to overwrite what returns from the cloud when it, itself, returns.

Hatbox Ghost posted:

Is there anywhere that has good videos or streams of GTAO in action?

A single set of tennis :v:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

I'm extremely new to PS3 so can somewhere tell me exactly where I have to go to delete these files you're suggesting?

On the Game column of the XMB, go up until "GAme Data Utility", what you want to delete is a 39 meg GTAV file not named "Install"

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

coyo7e posted:

Well luckily there are a couple of character slots, then. :unsmith:

Use the right slot though. I found that was the reason I lost a character.

Guess I'll play it safe and forget about online. Unless I make some gimmick PSN account just to GTAO with a funny name visible.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

There needs to be a super strong pistol, maybe a revolver, anything I can put a suppressor on that deals decent damage on anything but headshots. Future RMT exclusive?

(RMT for Real Money Trading, an old word I use very often. Pick up on it, not everything is DLC.)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Hatbox Ghost posted:

There are 2 weapons coming as part of a planned DLC. I'm hoping one of them is a revolver, either a mateba or rhino because they're cool as hell.

Yeeees. I want to put Stealth to good use in a free aim lobby.

mcpringles posted:

Once you have a garage you can buy a free sports car from the luxury autos website. Any car you take inside your garage becomes tagged and insured for free. I haven't tried bringing in a high value stolen car but that most likely wont work.

You also start new games inside your garage, which i nice so you don't have to worry about dying if you walk away while the games loading. Just don't go outside if someone rings the bell, they're most likely ready to mow you down as soon as you exit.

Would a 34k garage qualify for all that? Then I should spend, once it returns. What choices of sports cars were there?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

(PS3) Stuck at race tutorial beginning with my TROGG account. Playing burps from my sampler. Listening to a French child sounding younger than a sisters six year old son practicing whistling. It's 00:25 in my timezone. Parenting.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If I can get in with TROGG I'll find out what happens when you have only enough money to enter LTS/deathmatch but not pay for all the hospital visits. I'd like to get around by dicking around. Races have been $100 each to enter.

Arturo Robusto posted:

Anyone know the best car you can get for free? I just switched the piece of poo poo I started with for a Dominator I found out by the canal and railroad.

The one with a name that reminds me of the Feltzer, but has a Comet/Porsche curvature of its rear, looking German luxury business in the front. It's that or one of the two muscle cars. I've experimented a bunch.

You can get an Akuma or maybe a better motorcycle, fine speed and agility but very very vulnerable and risky to use, even riding safe and sound solo.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Check transactions with the online (phone) bank after you finish DM, LTS, TDM.

And heh I had a character maker glitch just as I got a good face going. Thank dog for capture equipment. And balls to being able to make a fatty, there are fatty male characters on the street in GTAO, but only BBWs (fatty ladies then) in SP.

e: Here we go, reminds me so much of That Actor, you might remind him from Those Movies, but his name?

e: Oh GTAO. Remade him exactly to spec and lifestyle, he looks vastly different.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

SimCity, Diablo 3, GTAO, UbiSoft's DRM, what else was cloud or similarly stupid in recent years? At least GTAO is just the multiplayer part and not the whole game. (They should still have run the tests they were well able to on their hardware, their connections and most importantly their freaking code. How the hell do you not simulate stress and connections even the slightest?)

rizuhbull posted:

I'm a little bummed many of the characters look like this. I mean the general face structure.. I'm also pretty sure everyone's height and weight are the same, the gender is likely the only variable there.

I've only been able to make tall Conaness the Barbarianess women that Lamar physically looks up to and super small "you tiny in real life" males. It feels very busted.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Literacy Is Dead posted:

I'm looking for anyone that is relatively intelligent to play with. PSN is LiteracyIsDead. Please by my friend.

I'd invite and get tactical with you in survival and free roam if I was able to get on. Survival opens at level 15 and lower level players can be invited, enemies come in waves, vehicles at third or fourth, attack helicopters at fourth or fifth going by the one I played against a bunch of random hillbillies at a scrap yard, real good time even solo, rewarding at the same time it hones ones skills real well.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

They didn't do tests that could have been done internally. They also aren't saying anything about the status of GTAO where a normal person or a player of the game ould be able to find it. The vast majority of customers will have a bad experience with GTAO and call it an unfinished mess. The few who read internet and gaming news will find out, maybe, that it's been said by R* that it's going to break a bunch.

It should be declared in-game as a beta bound to experience issues. It's another dumb thing that there isn't anything of that.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Just got up, scanned the past N pages. Euro PSN character cloud still down? Gone nowhere on my main account, alt account isn't getting past the tutorial, etc

e: Yeah even on a challenging bike (doubly more vulnerable) I dug what I did in a free roaming lobby. I just don't want to lose the character I brought to whatever it was, 16-17 last night. And bought a crapload of weapons and weapon mods for. In this MP component that should carry a big "SHITS GONNA BREAK YO" disclaimer stuck on screen at all times.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Vapid Sandking XL for a freebie vehicle is something I recommend for screwing around. Until the level15 on my main account returns I'm goofing off on my alt account at the moment and no other player vehicle is going to have any effect on you when you're in this. You'll crush them with ease.

..because my level 15 is going to return right? All that work I did and tennis I played?

e: ohshi quitting and updating. Version 1.02, out in Europe for me, 39 megs again
Not seeing my level 15 on PS3. Seeing my banked money. Please tell me that character will be back. Motherfucking please.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Brasseye posted:

I shouldnt have to ask this but after dying a few times on survivals and missions and losing 2k each time I have to be sure - you dont lose money from dying in deathmatch or team deathmatch right?

You do.

Gotta see if this patch changed it into being NOT STUPID though.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

I was an idiot and made a new character when my old one got eaten.

I didn't do anything and my character (tennis one) is still completely gone.

If I get to 15 again can I be sure to keep it? That's my big problem right here right now.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Oct 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Apparently characters being lost in the PS3 (and 360?) cloud is a thing and they're working on it. Hope they go through transactions in-game and give us back everything spent.

And do never loving do Simeon's "it takes a thief" mission, even in a group. Waste of time and money. It needs to be listed on like "missions to ignore"

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Oct 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

So what's the word on the PS3 cloud? It says I'm not in a crew again. Then I enter the play online menu and it says I'm in a crew. Then I try to get on a character, and I'm not in a crew, and no character exists. When is it safe to start over for the Nth time and grind everything I lost again, now that the patch removed the ability to replay the more valuable missions?

At least we can deathmatch without paying out the nose for deaths. Saw one guy who lost a 29, a 220k apartment and 270k cash.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Was going to make a second slot character in my main account and that character had the visuals and activities of the very first character I made for GTAO indicating that something is very broken. Still nothing on PS3 about the lost characters. No official word about it either. No way to know if it's safe to level up a character now. You're playing at your own risk in this.

Which happens to be a "things are going to break" beta on a few websites, not on official feeds or in any game review. Why couldn't they admit it was a beta that would break from the start? That would make it easier, because a beta means stats are going to get wiped. Like they should here.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

numbs posted:

What do you mean the game forgot about it?

Ownership wasn't saved to the character data cloud, but money was withdrawn from whatever different server it is that keeps tabs on money.

Some people are not keeping the money put in the bank though after they lose their character(s) though.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

numbs posted:

I'd be pissed man.

I've spent like a third of that cash and I'm throwing-up-hands pissed.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

TehGherkin posted:

It's been hours now, are Microsoft really that finnicky about patches and stuff? Been waiting a while for the 360 patch.

Worst case it'll be 1-2 weeks, going by past patching for 360 games. They did let off that "pay us a bunch and we'll check out that patch and maybe publish it for you" scheme so they won't be afraid from patching it up on the 360.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Aurain posted:

Yeah, the other patch was out on 360 the day after it was announced before the PS3 one was, what leads you to believe that this time it's going to be several days just because it's been 3 or 4 hours after the PS3 one?

Because it was the long planned patch that activated GTA Online.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Finished a nice golf game with some random, ended it as per usual, suddenly the game gave me a bad sport reputation like I quit it before it finished. Just make it an official beta and wipe poo poo after GTAO reaches version 1.0 and becomes playable and functional. Godfuckingdamnit.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Darkness5780 posted:

Anyway you can change your character's height in the character creation?

I am 6'4" in real life, and seeing my guy being smaller than Lamar hit a nerve for some reason.

It's a probably not known by Rockstar but known by us problem. Women end up taller than Lamar sometimes but no matter the build males are always tiny next to him.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

Someone said that you got taller as you rank up but that sounds like bullshit playground rumor stuff to me.

Hahah I can already make female characters by default that remind me of a friends 6'4 girlfriend

e: Confirming valuable missions have been removed from the replay menu (PS3 latest patch), not even Meth'd Out can be repeated, just gotta get it from Gerald manually.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I went five under par for the entire golf course my first play of it online. Really good for a golf game. Miss Peter Jacobsen and the golden Tees but this is GOOD. So is the darts in my opinion now that I understand it and feel the controls aren't too horrifying to give me trouble.

Maybe I'll get my alt account character into a crew if it continues to be the only character of mine that goddamn exists ever..

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Feenix posted:

I flew my chopper for over an hour without landing last night and did not rank up my flying skill at all. Is there something SPECIFIC I should be doing in an aircraft?

Races, can be done solo, earns you RP.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

People are still, as in within the hour, losing characters. (PS3)

And my kitted out level 15 is still gone. Grind up all that poo poo again and risk losing everything again?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Jacada posted:

When you're character vanishes, don't make another character in that slot. Just wait it out and it will come back. Its happened to me twice. Both times I just switched off my PS3 and went to the pub.

How long did you wait those two times? I'm approaching 24 hours.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Made a new character and goddamn that's some stunning player matching right there, thought it was an NPC chosen purpousely to match my outfit style but it was a small child who ran in guns blazing and died.

After returning the mission and receiving the rewards, all of them, it said it couldn't reach GTA Online despite being goddamn online and put me in SP, so I returned to do it again, kept rewards, changed into a different car.

For some reason I doubt I'll get to keep even this one.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Can anyone confirm if the patch fixed this for PS3?

Yep!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

It Takes a Thief ie catch two rear end in a top hat AI in separate cars who won't stop for anything and doge anything you try to block them with and have full body armour and they have rear end in a top hat cop AI boosts in their vehicles, did it on a bike with a shotgun for a laugh.

An hour later the yellow car loving explodes because the NPC apparently has regenerating health. Remove that goddamn mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I'd like to nominate "Chasers" for the worst mission I've played yet. You have to run down a guy in a loving Coquette and jack it back from him for Simeon, and a combination of your inability to have a sports car early on, your infantile Driving skill, and the bizarre way that random traffic AI behaves in GTAO (did they redo it to make it harder than singleplayer or something? people just sit still in the middle of the loving road or slam into me for no reason) make it loving impossible.

Yeah that AI traffic is hosed up in GTAO, sometimes there's serverlag too. One car pulled out in an intersection and did a 360 so I slammed into it while escaping cops. A loving 360, like there actually is scripted rear end in a top hat AI going on.

• Locked thread