Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So I just started online for ps3. Question. What happens to the money you don't bank if you quit? Is it auto banked or lost? And when you die how much cash gets dropped. Seriously I'm new at this tell me everything I need to know about money in online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Man I can't believe in this day and loving age that assisted aiming is still a thing. A game made me change it is there any way to change it back? When I go back to settings in free IDE it won't let me select it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

How does the car saving work if I have no garage ? If I quit will it spawn somewhere when I log in again

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What do you suggest a beginner do in terms of saving up money? I didn't even realize I was losing so much cash dying though why would it be different from sp I suppose. So should spend it immediately on property or what

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Holy poo poo this grinding loving sucks. Do they seriously want us to get to level 50 before getting an RPG? I feel like I'm playing the single player times 1000

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Oh lovely my ducking character is gone. gently caress Rockstar gently caress this game.

Okay what's the drill to get your character back?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DrNutt posted:

It's been out less than a week. What is it with goons flipping out and forgetting how to have fun when they see numbers? It's like the Epsilon missions, all of a sudden it's impossible to do anything fun (hint: it's not).

I'm old. My idea of fun is screaming obscenities out of frustration

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Pay someone else to grind for you while you scream profanity at them.

Where do I submit my resume?

Can I buy your level 60 Tank with +1 Staff of Magic Missile? Or will that disappear in like a day?

Seriously do vanishing characters just reappear or am I supposed to contact R*?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What level do you unlock RPGs anyway?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is there a goon server or are people just piggybacking? Ah who am I kidding, nobody has any control over online

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So I guess I just permalost my loving character so I'm just gonna play without giving a gently caress. You know what I love the lost though? Having to redo the unskiplable cinematic and the race. So to everyone going "hurrr just have just have fun" this is what I mean when I say the word bullshit

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Do you lose ammo when you die?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Seriously my weapons and ammo keep disappearing when I die what is the logic here

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Is there a way to make a shitlist on psn? I don't mean adding friends i mean a blacklist of people to kill on sight

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

I blew up maybe about eight cars and got it. I was in a tank with a bounty so what did they expect me to do?

Where do you get the tank? While we're at it does someone know how to get an RPG or grenade launcher before the unlock legitimately? And keep it of course

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Loving the new patch. Did they fix their broke rear end money system? Nope. Did they fix disappearing characters and cars? Nope. They just made they leveling n system more tedious is all. Not that playing the same mission over and over isn't but at Least that was faster

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lugubrious posted:

Is there any way to lock on in a tank? Or am I just that loving bad at tank deathmatch and everyone else is that good?

I was feeling the same way first time I did Tank DM. It was me against 2 other players and I felt like I was the worst shot but I managed to win the match mainly through tactical hiding and letting the other 2 guys go at each other and me swooping in to steal kills. :shrug:

Honestly when I play Battlefield I'm an ace tanker but GTA is weird

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Property quesiton, I had a bounty on me and stayed at my 2 car garage (the one by the LS Customs on the east side). Had a couple guys trying to mark me and one rang my bell. That was kinda dramatic but they couldn't get in since I wasn't that stupid. I was curious though what happens when you do? Does it let them in as if it were an enterable property they spawn into or does it open the door like a regular door? What happens when they do? Rockstar didn't let you pull weapons on your own property for some genius reason.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Most annoying thing is that for some godawful reason tanks aren't targetable with the buzzard missile lock.

Can tanks be destroyed by anything other than rockets/missiles from the jet and other tanks? Like grenades for instance?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

How the gently caress are people keeping up with this thread holy hell it's like WOW 2 got one thread.

Question. I don't know if its a glitch or what but my character has green body armor on all the time
Now covering whatever she's wearing. Even when she doesn't have armor and when I try to change clothing it just goes in top I'd everything and every new session too. It's Ike this thing saves better than cars. Weird

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

robotsinmyhead posted:

That bugged Sandy Survival mission is fun. Get it before they nerf it.

Explain?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Harmonica posted:

Hold BACK/Select, go to Inventory, cycle body armour options.

I believe the appearance is cosmetic, so you can pick none or your favourite, and it doesn't affect your character's actual body armour value.

Wow that was quick thanks. Why are you reading this thread and not playing?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Does anyone know the logic behind eating snacks? Sometimes it makes you eat them one at a time sown times you can mash the use button and cram a bunch for instahealth

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So what's everyone doing to grind RP now that replay is patched?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Harmonica posted:

If you hold it down you eat the entire thing for more health.

Something I just noticed, if you press DPAD down in your garage, it shows a popup above your cars, with their stats and the make and model.

You sir have popped my monocle holy poo poo. I keep tapping it and getting minuscule benefits
But this opens up a lot. Rockstar really has some insane logic for MY IMMERSION purposes sometimes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

XenophobicAirport posted:

Some random NPC put a 9000 dollar bounty on me for stealing her car. I've found that when evading your head being collected, grabbing a boat and standing out at sea with it works really well. So I call up Lester and tell him to point out a boat to me.

When I get to the dot he marked, I find it's a goddamn submarine. :monocle:

I dived down to the depths of the ocean offshore and I now have people waiting for me on the beach/swimming down to get me. I highly recommend doing this. All I'm missing is some popcorn.

I figure it's also an excellent way to go ahead and grab the "Evade your bounty for a day" achievement.

Edit: HMS Goonsub in action

Just the other day I was chasing a bounty who did just that. I see him in the middle of the Blaine County lake and I'm thinking he's in a chopper or something, so I grab myself a chopper at the airfield, which turns out to be a chinook. I tried to lift a car so i can drop it on him in case he's swimming but don't remember which button it was so I go without it. When I reach him I realize he's in fact underwater in what I think is a car. I'm sitting there in my chopper thinking "What the gently caress, you can get infinite breathing?!?! This is bullshit! Nothing is infinite in this game so why should breathing be?!?!"

And then I realize he's in a loving submarine. So I land my chopper and affix some sticky bombs to it hoping to basically depth charge the gently caress out of him using a giant loving seagull explosive. I crash my chopper appr where he is but he starts sailing off and when I blow up the chopper no dice. Would have been cool if it worked. So now I'm loving stranded in the lake with nothing but a knife, but now he decides to surface which is great because I can board his sub and try to sticky bomb it, but WAIT he's getting out and he's gonna machine gun me! I try diving and avoiding and this goes on back and forth a bit and eventually he kills me. His bounty ends but I'm still pissed off and I want to kill him on principle. So im shadowing the lake waiting for him to gently caress up, I even try looking for boats on the docks and NOTHING. Eventually I see that for some reason someone else is in the sub and he's swimming so I whip out the handy Barrett sniper rifle I got from survival missions and waste the fucker. gently caress the bounty, gently caress the money, vengeance is mine! Later I whip out my minigun and blow up the guy in the sub too because gently caress that sub.

As much bitching as I do about leveling and unlocks, it does make you get creative when you have a bounty who's a slippery fucker. Honestly sticky bombs for me are a slice of heaven. I can't tell you how many times I've used those things to kill bounties or people just following me because they are pissed or just want "pubbie" to stomp

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 14, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

beanieson posted:

I think your characters share a bank account, someone mentioned earlier a scam where you create a 2nd character who holds all the cash as kind of an offshore account to save money on free roam deaths.

Is this still doable or did they fix it? If your "offshore" account has the money banked is it "saved"?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dookie-In-The-Pants posted:

Just tried doing the sandy shores survival glitch, made it to the end! Of course before then the other dipshits were complaining about me cheating, talking about reporting me and such nonsense. Felt real good when I was the lone survivor for two rounds in a row and the chatter stopped.

Why would they give a poo poo? It's co-op

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Feenix posted:

So are armored trucks extremely rare or is this a bug and can I do anything about it to make them show up?

I've seen one exactly once and I think I was in the air and by the time I tried going to it, poof it was gone

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Reo posted:

I think I need to stop playing with the emblem editor.

I would buy this for 10 bucks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

I wish there was a way to tell Simeon to gently caress off and stop sending missions. I'm level 30, I'm not gonna drive 10+ miles chasing down some lovely car just for $1000.

Is there a guide that tells you what missions pay out? I can no longer count with my fingers how many Goddamn missions I've had to chase a loving car cross country, die or lose the car for some lovely reason and then do it again all for poo poo pay. There needs to be trigger warnings for cross country loving chases. It's no wonder single player missions cut you off when a car gets away, it's a mercy kill really

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Apartments are safe hiding spots in case you have a bounty. The high end ones also have windows, so you can watch the chaos below if stuff is going on near you. Also, you can use the TVs to watch what other players are up to in multi if you're busy doing real-life stuff and need some entertainment.

As someone who hid out in a garage when I had a bounty on me, a part of me wishes there was a way to break in still. At least when someone is in a sub you can try and get creative with choppers and stuff, I don't know. Burglary should be a thing. Maybe cuz I'm not a mansion owning Republican yet

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cute as heck posted:

So Kringy and I found the worlds most fearless shop owner

(We killed him, god rest his soul)

If the shop owner doesn't budge, go outside and come back and try again, it happens all the time. Just make sure you buy all your snacks first

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Radicalysmic posted:

Yup, everyone sees the same vehicles.

Yeah which is weird because I'm not high enough to get it but I'll see it spawn when nobody else is around. I guess the high level people's just let it go

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Whoever said death from above was the worst mission good fuckig god if you gave a a five year old design tools to create a missions this would be it. The only thing missing is the loving tank

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Question: does anyone know if bounty countdown timers still factor in jobs you do r is that changed since the patch?

MrLonghair posted:

If I had studied French, I would understand the voice chat I run into in two out of three lobbies in this game, because what in the fuuuuuuuck..

Yeah it's like French or some dude with a south london accent. Oddly enough Spanish while common isnt nearly as common as you'd think

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Is there a way to see if there's still a bounty on you? Rockstar being the geniuses that are only give you indication through the text msgs

I loving landed a cargo bob in the northwest point for the longest time. Had maybe a couple mins left on my bounty and join Death From Above because I'm a nice guy and I wanna help someone with the worst mission ever made. Sucker written all over my fave. I wound up in the host's ride afterwords and guess who still had a bounty on his head? host pits a billet in me as spoon as I step out. Goddamn poetry. gently caress you Rockstar and your loving poetry

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Intrepid00 posted:

Every time I log into Office365.com I want to visit my shrink.

At least I have an idea where this is from now thanks to GTA V.

At least I have an idea where I am in GTA V because I live in this forsaken city

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Where was this from?
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/photo/6KMMT_xf2EaCvXcSLkcAaw

DaveKap posted:

I wrote a bunch of stuff about the car sale glitch and decided to delete it all just to say this:

GTA5:O is about 100x more fun when you don't worry about money anymore. If there was a guarantee that you'd get away with it, I'd suggest everyone use the car sale glitch. I think the fun I've gotten out of it is worth any character wipe or dunce cap I'll ever receive. The fact I no longer need to grind boring missions and turn this game into a job just highlights how broken the current system is anyway. I'll be double-dipping for the PC version, so it's not like my console character's gonna matter after that.

Yesterday was honestly the first time in forever that I laughed playing Online. It kinda struck me because of how often I find myself just screaming at the drat screen. I think it had to do with something happening to someone I wanted to hurt in the game. That tends to be a thing. I think it was sticky bomb related because I swear HALF the entertainment I've achieved in this game is sticky bomb related

I think the biggest problem for me is the tendency to keep up with the joneses, you get killed by a guy in a chopper and wish you had a chopper, nevermind the fact that I killed the guy just as easily as vice versa. You come at someone with an RPG and you miss, they're gonna put you down with a pistol easy. I'm still loathe to have a "just have fun" attitude as raging at people seems to be the main driving force right now, I should probably join a goon crew and think outside the box

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 15, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion they're just going to reset at the very least everybody's bank account and that $500k is going to be our starting-over money/compensation.

That would piss off a loooot of people. Like hardcore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah I want to say they won't care but at the same time they are trying to monetize this thing and if there was an honest to God gold exploit in this game that hits their bottom line.

Question: Can anyone explain why my lady has these constant bruises/skin condition on her face? I actually managed to make a decent looking female but she always has that drat face scarring. I want her to be pretty because I'm not :smith:

Hell froze over and I actually managed to steal an armored truck. I felt so clandestine escaping the cops via the service tunnels. Honestly if I were to tell a first time player anything it would be memorize the drat tunnel entrances

• Locked thread