Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I'm sad that you haven't listed Feeble Files in the OP, which is available on GOG. It's one of those hidden-classics like I Have No Mouth. Made by the same guys who did Simon The Sorcerer but so much better. It's hilarious and the puzzles aren't horrendous. (Save one one bit half way through the game.)

[edit]

The post icon for this thread is poo poo Post :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I believe the Neverhood and Samorost 1 & 2 should be mentionned somewhere on this thread. Even if they aren't cult classic, they are good and explore another artistic style that is close to stop-motion movies. Samorost 1 is also free to play.

Neverhood is DEFINITELY cult-classic.

quote:

Also I wonder if the Discworld games are any good? Never tried them.

Stay far away from Discworld 1. It breaks every adventure game rule about having good puzzles or not being able to permanently screw yourself over. It's full of bugs, isn't even that funny and is just a terrible game all-in-all.

Discworld Noir is widely regarded as a "good game" though. It at least has atmosphere in spades. Is worth trying out.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Does Disney own Monkey Island now? Maybe they'd be more open to HD-fying CMI one of these days.

What would be gained from this? Literally nothing IMO.