Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ElMaligno posted:

Why do JOs have to ruin my love for plotting and prepping charts? :smith:

wtf bullshit are you speaking now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

nwin posted:

wtf bullshit are you speaking now?

Do you honestly want to know? Its basically the most loving stupid thing done by an O ever that only my shop would get butt-hurt over.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ElMaligno posted:

Do you honestly want to know? Its basically the most loving stupid thing done by an O ever that only my shop would get butt-hurt over.

Not really, no.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

ElMaligno posted:

did someone tell you moboards are dumb

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
I'm guessing this JO made a casual mention that San Juan was kinda smelly and el mangina got really mad or something

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Just loving tell us so I can laugh at how silly it is. I prepped charts for three out of hemispheres, one we never went on so I'm sure your story is great.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Elendil004 posted:

Just loving tell us so I can laugh at how silly it is. I prepped charts for three out of hemispheres, one we never went on so I'm sure your story is great.

Apparently according to commandant instruction the drawn scales need to be exactly on the same place on all charts and can only be 5000 yards long. I read the instruction and out of all the things it mentions, scales are not one of them. This is the same O that wanted the bridge and CIC to draw a marine protected area that covers the entire chart and goes outside of the chart range. The solution was to write on the chart a blurb explaining this, still :ughh:.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

lol you still use paper charts instead of a VMS.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Mr. Nice! posted:

GOTTA HAVE A BACKUP, BRO

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

In the navy these days, if you're certified for electronic charts all your paper charts are locked away in some drawers and never loving looked at. The only time you pull them out is if one of the multiple redundant systems fails.

Or you're Port Royal and try to go without using paper charts even though you aren't certified for electronic ones and permanently ruin the ship on reef runway.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ElMaligno posted:

Apparently according to commandant instruction the drawn scales need to be exactly on the same place on all charts and can only be 5000 yards long. I read the instruction and out of all the things it mentions, scales are not one of them. This is the same O that wanted the bridge and CIC to draw a marine protected area that covers the entire chart and goes outside of the chart range. The solution was to write on the chart a blurb explaining this, still :ughh:.

Uh, so why not bring it up to your chief that the Officer may be incorrect by stating you read the comdt inst and it does not mention scale size anywhere and let him take it up if he wants?

You should probably read the Inst again just to be sure, though.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Elendil004 posted:

You can't be trusted to lock a weapons vault . I'm surprised that they trusted your charting abilities.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

You can't be trusted to lock a weapons vault . I'm surprised that they trusted your charting abilities.

Haha wait what?

Edit: nm I remember hearing that story.

nwin fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 15, 2014

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its literally one of the few things I enjoy doing and one of the few I will miss when I PCS out of this rusty bucket.

Mr. Nice! posted:

In the navy these days, if you're certified for electronic charts all your paper charts are locked away in some drawers and never loving looked at. The only time you pull them out is if one of the multiple redundant systems fails.

Or you're Port Royal and try to go without using paper charts even though you aren't certified for electronic ones and permanently ruin the ship on reef runway.

There is a story about the Bertholf that pretty much all its electronic navigatin systems failed and they had to plot on the deck because they didn't need a chart table anymore. LOL

nwin posted:

Uh, so why not bring it up to your chief that the Officer may be incorrect by stating you read the comdt inst and it does not mention scale size anywhere and let him take it up if he wants?

You should probably read the Inst again just to be sure, though.

I printed a email sent by the O stating our discrepancies and quoting the instruction. I also printed the specific pages the O was quoting and highlighted everything relevant and presented this to my second class, first class and OSC.

The consensus was to keep appeasing the O because politics. :shepicide:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You have got a pussy rear end CoC.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mr. Nice! posted:

You also forgot to add unqualified. :shepicide::shepicide::shepicide::shepicide:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Mr. Nice! posted:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Wow who the gently caress even are you? If you're going to come out of the woodwork and attempt a sick burn at least get your poo poo straight, or make fun of Airsoft or some other low hanging fruit.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ElMaligno posted:

You also forgot to add unqualified. :shepicide::shepicide::shepicide::shepicide:

I want to clarify that me, OS2 and OS1 wanted to bring this to our DIVO and poo poo. We got shot down by OSC, because politics.

So yes I got one pussy rear end chief.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

Wow who the gently caress even are you? If you're going to come out of the woodwork and attempt a sick burn at least get your poo poo straight, or make fun of Airsoft or some other low hanging fruit.

was he wrong

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

yes

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So straight poo poo why you got kicked out then.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

nwin posted:

So straight poo poo why you got kicked out then.

The second to last OIC put me on "probation" for a ton of stupid poo poo that I should have fought but didn't (and of course on "probation" I was still Coxn, one of the only OODs, and Weps). So I basically had "one strike left" bullshit when the new OIC got there.

That final strike was when the OIC changed the armory into not an armory randomly and then tried to mast me for leaving the weapon safe open (which was 100% common practice so we could hand out guns to people for SAR and poo poo, since it was behind a locked door in a manned 24/7 space, with the OOD having the only key).

Needless to say he couldn't mast me after also being the one who wrote me up, but at this point I was tired of a solid year of bullshit and when the OIC (again, after realizing that he couldn't actually mast me) said well I guess that was technically a third strike, here's a completely honorable discharge.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

The second to last OIC put me on "probation" for a ton of stupid poo poo that I should have fought but didn't (and of course on "probation" I was still Coxn, one of the only OODs, and Weps). So I basically had "one strike left" bullshit when the new OIC got there.

That final strike was when the OIC changed the armory into not an armory randomly and then tried to mast me for leaving the weapon safe open (which was 100% common practice so we could hand out guns to people for SAR and poo poo, since it was behind a locked door in a manned 24/7 space, with the OOD having the only key).

Needless to say he couldn't mast me after also being the one who wrote me up, but at this point I was tired of a solid year of bullshit and when the OIC (again, after realizing that he couldn't actually mast me) said well I guess that was technically a third strike, here's a completely honorable discharge.

so ultimate shrek fan was technically incorrect because he said vault, not safe?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Elendil004 posted:

Sounds like you sucked and they waited for a technicality to get rid of you tbh

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ugh-orders are incoming. Detailer is calling people all through the weekend but you never know when your time is going to come.

Hope I'm not too drunk for the call...this poo poo's worst than being enlisted waiting on orders.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

krispykremessuck posted:

so ultimate shrek fan was technically incorrect because he said vault, not safe?

He was wrong because he implied that I actually did something wrong :)

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Elendil004 posted:

ah yes, total kangaroo court, not a fat weirdo airsoft guy who thought he was a cop, nope

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Although Holland (the last guy) did totally want to get rid of me. It's nice to know that after I was out, the CG legit threw him out for sexist/racist/other awful poo poo

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Elendil004 posted:

Although Holland (the last guy) did totally want to get rid of me. It's nice to know that after I was out, the CG legit threw him out for sexist/racist/other awful poo poo

its nice to know they threw you out too, because youre loving weird as poo poo

you can try to convince yourself that youre some innocent victim or w/e but youre only out because people wanted you out, probably because you sucked even too much for them

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

idk man I wasn't at your station but I know it wasn't policy to leave the gunsafe or comsec safe unlocked unless someone was actively getting something out of it or putting something away regardless of whether the vault door was unlocked or not. v:shobon:v

I guess the big takeaway here is from personal experience people don't accidentally end up on performance probation (a real thing) and at least in the cases where I had to put people on it, it required a lot of cooperation between persdiv at least at the sector level w/ a lot of supporting documentation. i guess you just found the poo poo confluence where nobody ever asked "hey should this guy actually be on performance probation???" though and obviously did nothing wrong

Holland was a dirtbag though so at least you got kicked out by a dirtbag lol

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

krispykremessuck posted:

Even the hardiest most anal OSS3 would not bat an eye at an open safe in a maned space as long as people knew it was open.

Also lol at people not knowing a single thing about security.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ElMaligno posted:

Even the hardiest most anal OSS3 would not bat an eye at an open safe in a maned space as long as people knew it was open.

go on, hypersensitive rican anime avatar man

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Most action ever in a CG Thread.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

ElMaligno posted:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 16, 2014

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

the hardiest most anal OSS3 will also never be an CO/OIC of a smallboat station and thus never be in the situation of having to worry about his OIC qual getting yanked because some BM2 left some random poo poo unlocked

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

nwin posted:

Most action ever in a CG Thread.

literally the only time the officer is the decent person in a service thread hooyah

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

look at all those non coasties posting :allears:

krispykremessuck posted:

the hardiest most anal OSS3 will also never be an CO/OIC of a smallboat station and thus never be in the situation of having to worry about his OIC qual getting yanked because some BM2 left some random poo poo unlocked

Do smallboat stations get security inspections? the thought of a BMCM freaking the gently caress out because of security inspection makes me giggle like a hypersensitive puertorican anime girl.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

ElMaligno posted:

i was contracted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Do smallboat stations get security inspections? the thought of a BMCM freaking the gently caress out because of security inspection makes me giggle like a hypersensitive puertorican anime girl.

yes, and OIC quals get yanked for dumb poo poo so they can be understandably jumpy about guns comsec and money

• Locked thread