Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

ElMaligno posted:

Well poo poo. :smith:

In good news I passed tape, not weight. This may not sound good, but last time weighed I was over and I was just at the body fat percentage limit. This time I was still 200, but lost 2 percent in body fat.

I am still a pale nerd thought...

Welcome to my world brother man. I have to tape every time since day one. Hopefully that waist keeps shrinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

My favorite thing was when there was some drama and a girl was keeping a notebook on all the bullshit and the command said "It's illegal to write notes down like that" and made her throw it away. People at the station couldn't understand how wrong that was. Ugh.

Its amazing how quick the gold badge would jump on that with a quick EAP phone call. Something has stired up the gold badge nest about that poo poo up here in AK and it would be interesting to know what it was exactly.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

Don't expect big [positive] changes (exception: number of people getting RIF'd) during defense austerity periods. At any given moment within the military, budgets are the driver of [almost] all changes, good and bad. Allen had big ideas and a big budget, Papp had tradition in mind and an austerity budget. Things like changing the hat to a shape that could fit on his progeria-riddled dome was within budget, but actually fixing things wasn't, and he likely knew that coming on board.

The Commandant doesn't drive policy so much as he makes decisions based on what people bring him. Papp was weird in his obsession with uniform stuff, but the whole "Legacy of the Coast Guard" poo poo is about all you can do when you're handed a budget that's significantly below your actual operating target.

In some ways I feel for the folks that are still in, but you're the ones dumb enough to stay in. Be the change you want to see in the Coast Guard; get out.

gently caress that two more tours and im retired.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

God I love April. Its my most favorite month of the year. I get bombarded with a presentation on rape by my prepubescent ENS who has admittedly never seen a vagina. Get to spend four hours listening to how myself and any other person born with a penis is one beer away from being a serial rapist. Now I hear we are going to have a mandatory stand down about the evils of rape culture and how when me and my wife have consensual drunk sex I'm now guilty of rape. All while in B-2 so I can't drink.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Next time shut blinds/curtains take pictures before conntract signing. Upon move out do the same. If there is no damage send off to legal. They sent something with a cg letter head and my landlord poo poo bricks giving me my cash...but it was after the state of Alaska deadline so they had to pay double.:)

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Whelp at least we have another Commandant that mentioned sexual assault in his opening volly. Wonder how much extra illegal he will work to make rape and showing up to work drunk.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Second class at thirteen years probably just got told he couldn't re enlist.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I hope the drat uniform bord extends the drat seems on the pants a bit im sick of tearing the back seem on the nonskid. ..or maybe im just fat...probably just fat. But going back to the old style hats made by one distributor would be nice. But im guessing new uniforms payed for out of pocket with three changes to the grandfater date made by a fish swimming through a numbered hoop.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

Old enough to have smoked in the barracks without it being against the rules, and to remember the DoT days.

Whats up working blue buddy.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

I would unironicly be happy if they brought back that uniform as its iconic AND looks comfy as gently caress.

It was comfy as gently caress. That gay rear end brass belt buckle sucked though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

nwin posted:

What part? The officer yelling or the chick having a sack?

ftfy

• Locked thread