Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Having just watched this, this has basically jumped to the top of the list with Kill La Kill a close second, but both hit that FLCL vibe that I love. Hopefully it'll keep it up. Heavily tempted to watch the ONAs though hopefully they're part of the TV series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That episode was just pure adorableness. This show is gold.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The mob vs. the crow was a hilarious sequence. I also liked how Shouko's anime re-enactment was essentially Giant Robo.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
For some reason, I thought the original Myoue was Inari, since they looked similar which I thought was the big reveal of episode 2, but I could be wrong. It also would mean that Koto is probably Inari and Lady Koto's biological daughter, which is already somewhat probable since she does resemble Inari. The fact that he seems to be connected with the black rabbit and knew about Mirror Kyoto hinted at that direction though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Commie's version of Episode 4 is out for all you non-Crunchyroll viewers. It was an all right episode, I didn't like it as much as the previous few, but it was still good. Making trash day an almost holiday event is pretty interesting conceptually though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Episode 5 had a lot of intriguing imagery, especially that image of a young Myoue giving Koto a pomegranate. I have no idea how to interpret that though it probably ties into the idea of death throughout the episode, given how Myoue essentially starts his life by dying and is then abandoned within a world where no one can die. Then there was the whole discussion between Kurama and Yase with the story of the dying dog as well as the whole symbolism of the train taking things to their end. That quote at the beginning is also interesting, though all I really took from it is that Myoue is not in his proper station maybe? Well, I'm not that good at interpreting, but it's interesting food for thought. Koto and moped rides always own though. The next episode being a live-action tour of Kyoto was unexpected though. Curious to see why they planned it that way, but hey I'm all for seeing cool locales in Japan.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 8, 2013

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, hearing about Japanese history and mythology is always fun. Didn't realize how much Kyousougiga was referencing from Kyoto's temples though, so having a filler explain some of it was pretty cool.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, they explained the pomegranate, so that previous scene makes more sense now. Should be interesting where they take it from here. Inari I believe is still unaccounted for since he did something in the OVA as well. I've never seen the original net OVAs so I don't know if he was ever in Mirror Kyoto there, but I remember him doing something in episode 0 though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah this episode was fantastic. The whole family dynamic is fantastic. Really loved Kurama and Yase's interactions with Myoue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Definitely one of my top anime of 2013. Gonna miss having it to look forward to every week.

• Locked thread