Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«238 »
Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

She's a sharkmouth clam
beware
she is

.Z. posted:

Does anyone have suggestions on a vacuum chamber sealer to buy? Whatever Vacmaster fits my budget?

I have the VP120 and it is all kinds of awesome. The lid is plastic but itís held up for I think nearly ten years now. Zero maintenance so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

que ojos tan lindos tienes...

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

No idea but I remember someone saying to get the oil free kind because they are lower maintenance I believe.

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have the VP120 and it is all kinds of awesome. The lid is plastic but it’s held up for I think nearly ten years now. Zero maintenance so far.

Cool thanks for the info. Will take a look at the VP120.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

This is fine.

Just did my second ever sous vide steak. Rib eye marinated 4 hours in 1/4 cup soy sauce 3 Tbsp sunflower oil 1 minced garlic 1 tsp ground cumin 1/2 tsp dried oregano.

I did the Kenji method of cast iron + heat gun and oh my god you guys

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Might be old news, but here's a heads up that some Walmarts have an immersion heater clearanced down to $19 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inven.../?sku=992671284

I grabbed two - one for myself, and one to give as a Christmas present (as long as it's not trash, of course). Mine's heating up a batch of water right now, I'm excited to try out a test porkchop at 144f!

Trip report: hell yeah

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at Aug 12, 2018 around 20:47

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

Hold the line, I have shitposting to do.

Sentient Data posted:

Might be old news, but here's a heads up that some Walmarts have an immersion heater clearanced down to $19 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inven.../?sku=992671284

I grabbed two - one for myself, and one to give as a Christmas present (as long as it's not trash, of course). Mine's heating up a batch of water right now, I'm excited to try out a test porkchop at 144f!

Trip report: hell yeah

drat. Mine had it but it's still $49

«238 »