Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Oh god why isn't it November yet so I can use my Sansaire :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
My sansaire never arrived, shot em an email. Got Scott to actually reply and they're shipping out a new one right now! Should get here on friday when I'm away for a wedding!

Damnit :(

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Awww yeah!

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Dane posted:

Well, gently caress. I got my Sansaire today, and it's borked. The pump is loud as I'd expect something from a diy build using the cheapest materials and the display panel has half its pixels missing. And I was so looking forward to it ...

Definitely let them know as they should replace it pretty quickly, that's no bueno.

Mine runs great and super quiet.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

You still have to sear them if you want them to not suck, this is somehow actually more effort than just making a few burgers from scratch in a pan.

Eating grey ground beef is seriously the worst.

Searing/browning is definitely required for a burger, sorry Safety Dance.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Chemmy posted:

I'm really happy with my Sansaire, anecdotally.

My anecdotal evidence suggests the sansaire is a perfect machine with no problems whatsoever.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Used my Sansaire this weekend to poach some eggs for Mother's Day brunch. Did 145 for 45 minutes as per the serious eats guide. These eggs were loving fantastic. Sadly I didn't get a picture because we ate them too quickly :(

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I bought 3 short ribs and am gonna attempt the 48 hour short rib tomorrow night. :ohdear:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Ultimate Mango posted:

Good luck with this. Just remember that it takes two days and so you want to start making them two nights before you want to eat them. Not that I know anyone who has done that or anything, just saying (I was so stupid).

This is very true.

I guess I should post my trip report. They came out well, no complaints here. But honestly, the texture difference was cool but it still tasted like a braised short rib. I don't think I need to do them again. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

dotster posted:

They are good if you need to feed a bunch of people something reasonably priced and good, they do not turn into something that is so good it puts you off steak.

Definitely!

I think I need to try some chicken breasts or some fish next.