Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
I haven't seen any good comments on a 72 hour timespan. I do see a general consensus of 'mush' at that point in time, though. Whipped through this entire thread in about four days, loving love this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

a foolish pianist posted:

Got some short ribs sitting at 129. I cut the corner away from the lid to a cooler, which I figured would help with energy efficiency.

Thank you for not using ping-pong balls or floating marbles or lucite-coated dried beans.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

So... you're illiterate?

No, you dad!

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

I'm not a diabetic but I see a lot of people having amazing results with potatoes in that manner; cook them, cool them slowly (remove cookware from burner, drain the unit, let potatoes cool in pan, fridge 24 hours, eat half a cup, bg measured, average spike is 2-6 points, highest one person saw was 12.) On one site it says that boiling the potatoes whole kicks the resistant starch factor up several notches. Now that is pretty drat cool.
I had no idea about any of this but I'm trying to memorize it as best I can.. And apparently; 'studies show' that among other things, resistant starch can increase the body’s ability to burn fat, and can improve insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance.

pulled a post as an example, I love guinea pigs;

quote:

I ate 1/2 cup of poatato salad.

Before eating - 104
1 hour - 107
2 hours - 92

Apparently they do it with pasta and all sorts of stuff too.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

http://books.google.com/books?id=7I...0recipe&f=false

That isn't filez, is it? Are you okay with that duder?