Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Christmas Eve Eve goals met: 4lbs of prime rib in a bath overnight. Red wine sauce to follow, as well as root veggies and roasted Brussels sprouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

My first try at egg bites. 1 doz eggs, whisked with 1.5 c. cream cheese, smoked salt and pepper. Added some cooked bacon.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Found some individually plastic packaged salmon and tuna filets.

1) Can I just drop the Salmon in the puddle, or do I need to re-bag them into ziploc?

2) For the Tuna, I want to use them to make sashimi, but I shouldn't puddle them to thaw faster, right I should just let them sit in the fridge?

I thaw frozen stuff in the puddler all the time. Just set it to 39F and let the circulator speed the process.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Lawnie posted:

Homemade ghee: lactose free? My girlfriend is intolerant but it just feels wrong to drizzle vegetable oil underneath chicken skin.

Allegedly low lactose, but I’m still sensitive enough to need to avoid ghee.