Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Pissflaps posted:

What is this?

Sous vide scrambled Peeps, looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Spatule posted:

Also, it's 30 SECONDS, not minutes.

I think you're misreading which part of your post geetee was asking about there. Or do you mean that you meant to say "seconds" here, which seems..odd?

Spatule posted:

When I cooked this meat the usual way in the past (dump on the grill, let warm up under foil for 30min or so), it was tough to the point of being inedible.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I think you're supposed to use a camp size bottle of propane with it. The stuff on kick starter said not to use it with mapp/ mapp pro, etc.

That was just about cylinder stability, not the gas itself, though. They've used it with Map/Pro torches and ran tests with it as well, and the clamp (if you get it) overrides their original statement about the cylinder. The relevant quotes:

quote:

The Clamp:

The reason we only support 16.4 ounce camping bottles of propane is because it is the most stable small cylinder you can buy. We have designed a patent-pending clamp that can stabilize any cylinder --in fact any round thing-- between the size of an Iwatani butane can and a 16.4 ounce propane cylinder.

[...]

Q: What kind of fuel tanks should I use?

A: We only recommend using 16.4 ounce camping tanks of propane. Thinner cylinders are not stable enough.

[...]

Q: What are the performance differences of the Searzall when used with different torches and gasses? Will it work on my torch with my gas?

A: We have made a video comparing searing a raw hamburger with the Bernzomatic TS4000 and TS8000 using both propane and MAP//Pro (propylene, real MAPP no longer available) and, for reference, the Iwatani running on butane.

So MAP/Pro should be fine as long as you can stabilize the cylinder.