Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Szandra the Fleshless

Skeletons don't have many needs. In fact, they have no needs, besides "not being destroyed." All things equal, Szandra's "people" would have been perfectly content to simply live (er, un-live) the rest of their time out on the bottom of the sea, but the elementals had other things in mind.
Szandra and her followers are an odd type of skeleton that retains its mind and memories from its past life. A long time ago, she was Alexandra of Carme, a wizard's apprentice in a small, one-wizard sort of town. Her life was singularly unremarkable, consisting of lessons and cleaning, and then a massive necromantic plague rolled over the town (along with most of the rest of the kingdom).
Her bones laid in the desecrated soil of the Wyrwood for hundreds of years before it spontaneously animated, joining the many other undead horrors infesting the wood. Over time, without any other sort of direction, flashes of her life began to sink in, direct her motions, and after what felt like an eternity she'd managed to regain her mind.

Unlife in a vast, dark forest full of rotting monstrosities as one of the few things with a functioning mind is interesting, to say the least, particularly when you're otherwise one of the weakest sorts of beings around. Szandra spent most of her time lurking in the remains of the wizard's tower, sometimes watching insane "adventurers" try to dart through the town, but otherwise just studying the secrets of the arcane at a much slower pace.
And then came the earthquakes, and the salt rains, and all sorts of other nonsense, and the sea encroached on the Wyrwood, far faster than she could imagine, and she had to leave, accompanied by the handful of skeletons that shared in her intelligence.
When the Professor's call came, she followed it easily. Undead don't have much to worry about from mind flayers, immune to their attacks and lacking a brain. Her little group snowballed, picking up others who were also interested in Kraken's offer, until it reached its strength at the dragon's claw.

Szandra is accompanied by a variety of "awakened skeletons," of a handful of the common races. Many are warriors, who fell in battle in the heart of some kind of necromantic war zone or another, while most of the rest used to be farmers.
Although they are abhorrent insults against all living things, fueled by evil powers, they aren't particularly malicious. They don't have to eat, suck blood, or otherwise drain anything's life forces, and don't have any sort of aura or do any harm by existing. They don't do much besides stand around and be skeletons.

pre:
Alexandra "Szandra" lur Carme
Human Skeletal Champion Wizard 3
LE Medium undead

Str 10 +0 (8, +2 rac)
Dex 15 +2 (13, +2 rac)
Con -- 
Int 21 +5 (18, +2 rac, +1 lv)
Wis 12 +1
Cha 14 +2

HP 33 (2d8+3d6+10)
AC 16 (10, +2 shield, +2 dex, +2 nat)
FF 14; Tch 12

DR 5/bludgeoning; immune cold
Undead traits; channel resist +4

Darkvision 60'

Init +6 (+2 dex, +4 imp)
Speed 30'

BAB +2
MAB +2 (+2, +0 str)
RAB +4 (+2, +2 dex)

CMB +2 (+2, +0 str)
CMD 16 (10, +4, +0 str, +2 dex)

Fort +3 (+1, +2 cha)
Ref  +3 (+1, +2 dex)
Will +7 (+5, +2 wis)

Attacks
2 claws +2 (1d4; B and S)
Staff +3 (1d6; B)

Skills 2x(4+1+5)+3x(2+1+5)=44
Appraise             +12 (4r+3+5i)
Climb                +7  (4r+3)
Craft                +5  (+5i)
Diplomacy            +11 (5r+3+2c+1t)
Disguise             +2  (+2c)
Fly                  +7  (2r+3+2d)
Intimidate           +2  (+2c)
Knowledge (arcana)   +13 (5r+3+5i)
Knowledge (religion) +13 (5r+3+5i)
Linguistics          +5  (+5i)
Perception           +10  (5r+3+2w)
Profession           +2  (+2w)
Sense Motive         +10 (5r+3+2w)
Spellcraft           +16 (5r+3+5i+3f)
Stealth              +9  (4r+3+2d)

Languages
Common
Abyssal
Celestial
Elven
Infernal
Necril

Traits
World Traveler - +1 trait Diplomacy, class skill
Defensive Strategist - Not flat-footed when surprised or before an action

Feats
1L - Combat Casting - +4 conc. defensive casting or grappled
1B - Defensive Combat Training - Use HD for CMD
1B - Improved Initiative - +4 init
3L - Skill Focus (Spellcraft) - +3 skill
3B - Scribe Scroll - Scribe scrolls
3B - Command Undead - Enslave undead within 30', will save resist, etc
5L - Eschew Materials - Ignore components costing 1 gp or less

Features
Human - +2 ability, +1 feat, +1 skill rank

Skeletal Champion - +2 Str, +2 Dex, undead 2 HD
Nat armor +2, DR 5/bludg, chan resist +4, cold immunity
Improved Initiative bonus feat

Wizard
Arcane Bond - Amulet - 1/day cast any spell from book
Arcane School - Necromancy/Undead (Enchantment, Evocation opposed)
- Power over Undead (Su) - Command Undead bonus feat; 3+Int channels
    Save DC 10 + 1/2 wiz level + Cha mod; maximum HD equal to wiz level
- Bolster (Sp) - Standard, touch undead; +1 profane attack & saves, 
    1 temp hp per HD and +2 to turn resistance; 1/2 wiz rounds; 3+Int/day
Cantrips - Unlimited castings
Bonus Feats - Scribe Scroll

Typical Prepared Spells (DC 15 + lv, Concentration +8 (+4 def/grapp))
0-l (4/day): Acid Splash, Message, 2 free
1st (4/day): Vanish, 3 free; Ray of Enfeeblement
2nd (2/day): Blindness/Deafness (x2); Blindness/Deafness

Spellbook
0-l: all except enchantment and evocation
1st: Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Grease, Identify, 
Infernal Healing, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, 
Silent Image, Summon Monster I, Vanish
2nd: Blindness/Deafness

Gear
Traveler's Outfit       1g, 5 lb
+1 Mithral Buckler      2,005g, +1 shield, +1 enh, 2.5 lb
Mst Quarterstaff        600g, 1d6/1d6, B, 4 lb
Spell Component Pouch   5g, 2 lb
Handy Haversack         2,000g, 5 lb
- Spellbook             
- Fancy Ink & Paper     1,300g worth

Load: 18.5lb (light) (33/66/100)
Gold: 689

zachol fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
For the skeletons, I was intending to limit it to the "common races" of humans, elves, dwarves, and halflings. Nothing exotic like a dragon or ogre, and it's more for the variety.
I've got to look over the skeleton champion entry again, but my understanding is that it's a 1 CR template, at least for medium creatures with no racial HD like humans, etc.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Whoops on the gold. Yeah, just bump it down to that.
Don't undead in general get Charisma to Fortitude saves? Link. Unless there's something specific about skeletons?

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Sort of similar? This seems like a bad situation. The illusion thing is sort of my best shot, but (just metagaming for a second) it won't be sufficient to deal with blindsense (or blindsight, for that matter). Unless the dragon lingers at the entrance for a little bit and Zoka can get the door open, not sure where this is going to go.

• Locked thread