Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

Production values aside, I'm still probably going to keep up with Metastasis just for the little quirks they'll have to change because of the disparate setting.

Like what's going to be their answer to Saul Goodman? I can't imagine a shifty bus bench lawyer having the same kind of resonance for Latin-American audiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

There aren't crooked lawyers in Latin America?

I meant it in the vein of America being perceived as ridiculously litigious.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

NeoSeeker posted:

It would be awesome if saul's series showed a bit of what he does after the events of breaking bad.

I hope they don't do that, actually. Diminishes the bleakness of the ending.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

Reminds me of all that nonsensical "I'm still on Team Walt" rhetoric that started going around after the season 4 ending.

It annoyed the hell out of me when people kept trying to define all of the characters as this or that, and it seemed like they were more interested in getting bogged down in the nomenclature rather than discussing the greater themes the characters are serving.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

I keep half-expecting AMC to pull the rug out from under us and say that there won't be a Saul spin-off after all. Even after seeing that teaser, I'm still kind of in disbelief.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

I saw the first few episodes of Metastasis. It's shot-for-shot but at the same time they do really quick cuts with coverage from all angles. So I kept getting this weird effect of knowing that I'm watching the same show but feeling like a lot more has happened within the hourly format.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

Not to mention the brilliance of the phone call scene in Ozymandias. God drat, that was such a fantastic moment, I was near tears.

I would always roll my eyes when people made too much of the whole Walter White/Heisenberg distinction but that one scene made me come around to that idea: Walter no longer feels any sort of attachment to the cruel persona he's created but he's ironically forced to play along to protect his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

Capntastic posted:

Was Low Winter Sun any good? I remember it got brought up in a lot of the previous threads

I saw the first few episodes and just found the whole thing unbearably dull (can't even be arsed to remember what it was about). It's on Netflix streaming if you want to give it a try.

• Locked thread