Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Burkion posted:

I don't recall any mention of people actually thinking they were supposed to be scrubs. Everyone seemed to like them until Baron cheated them off their stage.

It wasn't outright stated but it was pretty implied that they're underdogs which would go along with them being less talented. Baron got first place in that little vote thing and that's treated as a normal occurrence, Gaim's hangout looked more humble than Baron's place, Baron has way nicer uniforms.

Now, the dancing could still be terrible when we see Baron do it but shrug, I honestly doubt the dancing stuff is gonna come up too much and is more just a pretext for why there's already existing clans in the city for the Seeds and Drivers to shake up once they're more properly introduced to people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They were like Number 8 in the top 10 dance battle gangs in the city on that one chart at Baron HQ. THey're not that small time.

They're small time compared to Baron which is the only real important part of that for now.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Chas McGill posted:

So this probably isn't the best Kamen Rider thing to lose my Kamen Rider virginity to?

It's been literally one episode; it's waaaay too early to say either way but at the same time hey, not much of a commitment to give it a shot if you want.

vvv Starting with W is definitely good advice if you wanna watch an already finished series. Hell, watch W while waiting for Gaim episodes.

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 9, 2013

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jonjonaug posted:

Episode 10 is out. I'm not sure if Pierre butt or Santa henshin is my favorite part of this episode.

My favorite part continues to be any time Hase and Jonouchi are onscreen at the same time. :allears:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

I refuse to believe Gaim could ever reach pacing as bad as Wizard having 8 episodes in a row that were all just one-offs to show off all 4 Dragon forms.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rei_ posted:

My money is really on Hase getting Cherry Arms, they're probably going to wind up recruiting him or something.

Before this episode my guess was gonna be Yuuya(possibly as a brainwashed experiment kind of deal) but now it feels like a coinflip between those two.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

I genuinely can't/couldn't tell how much of Micchy bringing up keeping the rest of Gaim safe through ignorance was actual concern for his friends and how much of it was him trying to convince Kouta in order to save his own skin. More than anyone he feels like the wildcard that could really change things at a moment's notice.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Yuuya is gonna be Lemon. The suit design is just antagonistic enough.

Lemon's identity has already been confirmed in promotional material. It's the scientist guy who made the Drivers.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Apollove posted:

You know I think seeing Kaito and the rest of Team Baron doing the dancing stuff during this episode really makes me wonder what exactly Kaito is actually trying to /do/. I mean he hates Yggdrasil ok I get that, but how does running the dance team help with that.

Maybe I missed an explanation somewhere or forgot something, could someone please clarify?

Kaito's Beat Rider stuff isn't really connected to his beef with Yggdrasil(though that'll probably change when/if he gets clued in on the stuff Kouta and Michy know). He's a guy who wants to be powerful and everyone to know it and before a magic fruit belt fell into his lap his only major option as a dumb teenager was to be the best at the stuff all the dumb teenagers in the city are into. So, dancing and Invess Games.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Killer Queen posted:

Absolutely do not click on this if you don't want to know. Toei revealed who Sigurd is sometime ago and it's Sid.

If that's true then it's strange that they kept him a secret initially but not Duke being the scientist since they're both already known to be on Yggdrasil's side. What makes Sid worth hiding in that regard?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Neat, okay. Thanks for the answer, as this goes on I'm thinking I'll probably go and try another season afterwards and that kinda thing is pushing me there.

edit: just so I don't derail this somehow into suggestions - a pal told me go with W, I'm goin' there first.

W isn't very body horror-y at all if that's a major thing you're looking for but it's still great, regardless. It'd definitely be my blanket suggestion to anyone who doesn't know where to go and hasn't seen it yet.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Apollove posted:

I love how the reason the Sengoku drivers do all the "Knight of Spear" stuff is because Ryouma is just a huge dork. That's so great.

That was a great reveal in Kyoryuger and it's just as great here.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rei_ posted:

And FINALLY, the power of the Walnut Lockseed will be revealed!

http://i.4cdn.org/m/src/1390883903532.jpg

This is most likely going to be Zach(blank faceplate so it's a mass produced-belt and not one of the established riders, teaming up with Kaito who stole one last episode) which is kind of disappointing because the cast kind of have enough characters for the time being and there's no way I'm going to be able to care about them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

So, who else is wondering how big an Invess a jailbroken Energy Lockseed would summon?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

I am already resigning myself to being slightly disappointed with whatever Micchy saw because I can't think of a single example of this kind of foreshadowing that felt satisfying when it's all said and done.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SHF Fourze is the one piece of toku merchandise I own and it's pretty nice but goddamn why did they think it was a good idea to have detachable switches when they're that tiny?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Not mousing over since I wait for subs; does episode 20 sound like an episode one should skip seeing the preview of at the end of this week's?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jonjonaug posted:

New Gaim preview images are coming out. Linked for spoilers. http://i.imgur.com/mCIFs8K.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bOOkkbK.jpg

Takatora is too loving sexy.

Is....is that Ornac crossdressing in the top left of that first one?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The music for that whole final scene was aces.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Maybe it's a good thing Yuuya died and didn't get to be Gaim if he's dumb enough to fall for that tarp trick. :v:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lessail posted:

the actual interesting part of this episode (micchy vs kaito) was barely even there

Don't tell me you weren't excited to see Kouta's....what are we up to now, 4th dramatic long lecture from someone who knows more about the situation than him that culminates in Kouta going 'I'm gonna be a hero!' and becoming more powerful.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

WickedHate posted:

It's been mentioned that Kouta is becoming a "true" Kamen Rider is. For someone who's only watched Kiva before this(and I know that one's not well liked, so it probably isn't the best comparison for rating one's Kamen Rider-ness), what is that exactly?

One of the biggest recurring themes in Kamen Rider shows is the hero's powers being connected to evil sources but using them for good(ex: the original Kamen Rider was turned into a cyborg by Shocker, a terrorist organization but escapes before they finalize the brainwashing on him and uses his new powers to fight them). Gaim sorta had this already with the Lockseeds being connected to the Invess but "You're an Overlord, Kouta!" is alot more overt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Bonus points to this episode for finally reducing the best female Rider in KR to a demure supporter of her man. :catstare:

She's basically been that the whole time, though? Like, she made a good first impression but the only actual personality or goals we ended up getting out of her is 'she wants to help strong men succeed'.

• Locked thread