Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
There's been one episode it was pretty cool, you should try it and see how you like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Potsticker posted:

It was pretty bad, not even good as a joke. Probably the worst first episode of a Rider show I've seen. Too much stuff thrown at the viewer without a lot of coherence. Basically an info dump on what makes the Gaim world different than the real world, with no interesting hooks on what's going to happen in the series. And Kouta is less interesting than Ryotaro from Den-O, who at least had the imagin-possessions (The actor was amazing with these) to give him personality and to interact with. So far none of the supporting cast is anywhere near as entertaining either to help Kouta out with being so bland.

Things I did like were Yggdrasil Tower giving the city a unique identity, (like Fuuto in W) and the DJ/announcer's scenes. (Professor K!) And the only thing I'm really interested in seeing how much it does deviate from the usual Rider formula. Wizard was a very "safe" show in how it was structured, so if Gaim is going to do things differently, at least that sounds interesting.

I can see some of your points as valid, but no hooks on what's going to happen? did you miss the part where the weird doppelganger girl made the comment that he would have to "Fight to the bitter end 'till the world is dyed in your image." That seems like a pretty big hook along with the three way fight at the beginning of the show.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
He isn't earning the money by being an entertainer really. He's getting the money through the invess game not dancing. And while it isn't (even in universe)equal to dealing drugs it is like some sort of fightclub and i could see someone be against profiting from that.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
You're right we should start paying money for every street brawl.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

I have to believe that the original plan was for Wizard to become a bad guy and Beast to take him down at the end.

I think wizard would have been an ok series if there was a secondary cast instead of the do nothing brigade.

• Locked thread