Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a weird grey zone about how much intent is needed for it to kick in. Like guns are obviously out but what would happen if you tricked someone by telling them that the gun wasn't loaded or had blanks? Or something like running someone over with a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

muscles like this? posted:

There's a weird grey zone about how much intent is needed for it to kick in. Like guns are obviously out but what would happen if you tricked someone by telling them that the gun wasn't loaded or had blanks? Or something like running someone over with a car.

True, like Cara accidentally killing that kid who tried to rape her.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
does anybody really expect this to get a 2nd season?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The CW is really unpredictable at times, the ratings aren't great but they're better than the lead in show Star Crossed, so if I had to say one or the other this show... but of course that's not how the CW thinks anyway, they look at a bunch of other metrics that are harder to grab than just the Nielsen +7 ratings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The CW aired multiple seasons of a show that got the worst ratings EVER so, yeah, they're kind of weird.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
When it comes to the CW , aside from Arrow, I just can't get a bead on what's a good show. Hell, I liked Hellcats - without irony, even.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Dead Snoopy posted:

When it comes to the CW , aside from Arrow, I just can't get a bead on what's a good show. Hell, I liked Hellcats - without irony, even.

Arrow, Gossip Girls, Nikita and Supernatural are my jam. Nikita got consistenly better from a pretty solid position to begin with. Arrow's been killing it and I used to laugh at Gossip Girl until i moved in with my gf at the time. We had no cable, no internet but a tv and the first 3 seasons on dvd. I was hooked and I ended up rewatching those early seasons a lot. Supernatural, even at it's worst is always entertaining. The last two seasons have been great. Some people are really tired of the tropes now but I knew it wasn't even gonna change.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dead Snoopy posted:

It was about cheerleaders, i will go to my grave watching cheerleaders.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I don't care if the Founder booked it out there, I want to know if John lost his powers. :ohdear:

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Dead Snoopy posted:

does anybody really expect this to get a 2nd season?

expect no but kinda hoping yes in a weird 'sort of but not really but a little ' sense

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New episode tonight: "Kill Switch"

Russell decides to sacrifice Roger. Meanwhile, John turns to Astrid for advice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Founder looks super gross. Also hey, Col Tigh!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What was weird about that episode was that it seemed like it should have been the season finale.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

What was weird about that episode was that it seemed like it should have been the season finale.

Maybe they will pull a V remake and humanity loses.

also Natalie please die a horrible painful death.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, they haven't been shy about using their powers in public. So paranormals are about to become public in a big way.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007
I'm kind of hoping this gets picked up for another season now. Powered Jedikiah = best Jedikiah. I'm betting he doesn't have the no kill gene in effect, either.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yea, I hope it gets picked up too. I feel like they really started hitting their stride the last couple episodes and this one might have been the best yet.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, if the tracer targeted and bonded with the DNA sequences that made them powered, it seems like they could have disabled the tracer by giving them the depowering serum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

"The reason we have these stupid tracers is you. Your ideas are bad and I'm not listening to another one." - Thing that should have been said to that super lame blonde.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its also kind of weird how the character just came out of nowhere for these last couple of episodes.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm now watching to see if somebody finally clocks Natalie.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

"The reason we have these stupid tracers is you. Your ideas are bad and I'm not listening to another one." - Thing that should have been said to that super lame blonde.

seriously how was that not a thing. 'hey lady if you hadn't rocked the boat and dragged us topside we wouldn't have any of this dumb poo poo going down'

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
Natalie as a character is the dumbest thing ever, and just feels like a fix to a corner that they painted themselves into.

What's even worse is Russell going from wanting to use his powers to help people to being ok with mass genocide. That group doesn't even seem upset about handing over Roger for nothing as Steven has shut down the transmitter.

Hobo fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 29, 2014

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hobo posted:

Natalie as a character is the dumbest thing ever, and just feels like a fix to a corner that they painted themselves into.

What's even worse is Russell going from wanting to use his powers to help people to being ok with mass genocide. That group doesn't even seem upset about handing over Roger for nothing as Steven has shut down the transmitter.

Ok, this was a super interesting thing to me. It seemed like Russell was giving her the stink-eye when they found out the transmitter was already off and I was like "Finally he is going to tell her how poo poo she is." But nope, next scene he is kissing her. So mad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For anyone wondering where they've seen her before, Natalie is played by Leven Rambin who was Riley (John's girlfriend from the future) on the Terminator TV series.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Finally, Jedekiah has become the superpowered monster we all wanted.

bull3964 posted:

So, if the tracer targeted and bonded with the DNA sequences that made them powered, it seems like they could have disabled the tracer by giving them the depowering serum.

I thought about this as well. But I assume making those serums takes a lot of money and equipment.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

I think I'm tapping out. I watched Monday's episode last night and everything you guys are saying about Natalie and Russel is right. I can't stand her, the fact that no one says anything to her about being stupid and causing the issue. The predicament they're in has nothing to do with the Dad, it's just her stupid decisions and Russell going along for some reason. Then John and Astrid, I just don't even know anymore.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You might as well just watch next week's episode since its the season finale.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

You might as well just watch next week's episode since its the season finale.

I know, I want to see Jed all powered out but if the writing is as bad as it was this week I'm going to have to turn it into a drinking game to make it through. This week was just too reminiscent of Lost Girl for me. People started acting out of character for no reason and the writing was just atrocious.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Tooter posted:

This week was just too reminiscent of Lost Girl for me.

Hey now, let's not get carried away. It has a long way to go before it's that bad.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I agree that this episode would've been a cool season finale. At least now we know how John gets his powers back.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tooter posted:

I know, I want to see Jed all powered out but if the writing is as bad as it was this week I'm going to have to turn it into a drinking game to make it through. This week was just too reminiscent of Lost Girl for me. People started acting out of character for no reason and the writing was just atrocious.

Hey, hold on there.

Everyone on Lost Girl always acted in character, the characters were just batshit crazy most of the time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season finale tonight: "Son of Man"

Season 1 ends with Stephen trying to stop the Machine and the extermination of humanity but he fears he may be too late. Meanwhile, Russell realizes that his alliance with the Founder is a mistake and tries to rescue Cara.

Still no word on cancellation/renewal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aw, powered Jedikiah didn't last very long. Also, did he really have to shoot Roger right back in the same bullet hole?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So it would be a pretty ballsy move on this show if they failed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, Stephen crammed the Founder into the Refuge and since he absorbed his father's powers now he gets to turn back time. Although if we do get a second season let's see if he ever gets around to using it. Seeing as he barely used time stop after the first couple of episodes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hahaha Jed you are a dick. Also I guess he couldn't just make powers, but has to take them from other people like poor Irene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jedikiah continues to be an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: That ALMOST could have been a series finale if they hadn't added in that Jed stuff.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Stephen flirting with Cara in the room where his ex attempted to suicide bomb the founder was uh... awkward.

edit: also,

Jedikiah continues to be an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.
I... I don't believe they pulled a Superman the Movie ending with Cara. I mean I'm still having fun with the show and all, but I did have to pause the show while I laughed about it. Although bonus points for the later hook that it caused Something Wrong with Cara, so at least it served a larger purpose than bonding Stephen & Cara and giving him a level boost.

And drat, the actress who plays Astrid is pretty enough that she looks pretty compared to the other pretty people on the show.

I like that the show ended on a groovy kind of loose position-reversal for John and Stephen (well, before the Jed stuff at the end).

drat I hope they get a second season.

• Locked thread