Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Ps: This is the best achewood comic/webcomic in general

I haven't paid attention to newspaper comics for years, but I just recently discovered Cul De Sac, and it's loving great. It's basically if the artistic talent and sentimentality of Calvin and Hobbes knocked up all the cynical absurdity of Bloom County.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

I made this a long time ago

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

scary ghost dog posted:

It's really good.

Thanks, dude. I used to have a bunch of these scanned but that was a few fried hard drives ago. This is the only other one I have:

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
Yeah that was my super random oh hee hee pen name when I was 16.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

I'm so glad Onstad is making new Achewoods on the regular now.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

thumbnailed for tiny cat dong

Seriously this is the funniest Achewood in about 7 years.

The alt text for this one is great: "The last thing Roast Beef needs is a child's dead body on his couch for the rest of his life."

Ps: Onstad is actually an insanely good restaurant critic in Portland, now. He's fair, unpretentious, and is easily the best writer on the Portland Mercury staff.

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 08:24 on Dec 17, 2013

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
Technically, yeah.

Pure comedy gold

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

I honestly have no idea why I have these or when I saved them. welp

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Japanese kids writing comics in English. Got these from a thread here years ago.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
Shut up and read everything in the Pokey the Penguin archives, you jerks.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Old as the hills but it still makes me laugh.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Am I missing something here?

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Nastyman posted:

Woops, missed it I guess :blush:

Sall good, wasn't trying to be snarky. I just figured that since the other comic you posted was edited that the Spider Man one might be, as well and I was missing it.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
I want that doormat so bad

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
The umlauts really make it.

PS: Achewood makes me look forward to Fridays now (I work in restaurants so that's like the worst day of the week usually)

edit:

First time I have physically laughed at an e-comic in a long long time

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Jan 25, 2014

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

So was this comic supposed to be Jerkcity meets Penny Arcade or is this just unintentionally perfect video game cash-in humor?

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
I've read way more Powerup Comics in the last 36 hours than any person should ever read, and it's definitely crappy satire. Very, very good crappy satire.

The constructive criticism that happens in the comments is brilliant. "Anus jokes aren't funny. Gross-out humor isn't funny. I honestly wouldn't care about your copy paste if the characters you copy pasting weren't such poor quality and you at least re-drew there faces. Consider it, because daily poo poo is not better than occasional gold."

I've been in some low places in my life, but I've never browsed through random comics on theduckwebcomics.com and thought "hey these guys could use some pointers on webcomics"

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 10:12 on Jan 26, 2014

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

potentially a repost but oh well

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
HERE COMES THE COCK BOAT!

why is that so funny? I don't understand... oh wait I have an 8th grader's sense of humor

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
I'm pretty sure Peanuts made those exact same observations about Japanese culture back in '68.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
I think Onstad is all depressed again. No new achewood this week and last weeks was late as well

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Basil Hayden posted:

Apparently about a month ago he wrote his last food review for the Portland Mercury after two-ish years of being their regular. I have no idea what he's doing now.

I haven't read the Mercury in a while so I didn't hear about that. his reviews were always really on-point.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
I'm sure I'm just missing an in-joke or whatever, but you're dumb as hell for posting something like that.

content edit: I like Bug Martini in the same way I like Bloom County

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 20:36 on Apr 13, 2014

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

story of my life

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
philippe has skeleton problems

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
I can see why some people don't like achewood, but I also can see why some people don't like pizza.

N. Senada posted:

This is the one that sold me on the comic:

Woah, where did you find the huge comic panel? I've never seen them that blown up before.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Minarch posted:

It really is a shame, because Onstad used to have such great comedic timing in his strips, which simply does not work with twenty panels of :words: :words: :words: He's the Dave Sim of webcomics.

I always got the impression that Onstad never really cared about appealing to what other people want from his comic, and I like that a lot about him. Dude had 13 years of consistently awesome output and now he has other poo poo to focus on. Is what it is

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

zoux posted:

Oh boy you mean there are even longer and less funny comics there!

you shut your sinister holes, Boulet is great. not always funny, sure, but charming as gently caress and the dude has a very unique voice

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

wow I hate this comic.

ps: I'm a misogynist

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
Anecdotally, most of the obnoxious SJW's I know in real life are skinny dudes.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

So, what does the author of this shitdragon think s/he accomplished here?

edit: this comic reminds me of how I feel when I try to be funny on twitter

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
Oglaf is our generations Tom of Finland

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

that is how all good people should laugh, btw

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
One of my favorite parts of Achewood is its various meandering arcs and momentary tangents, most of which fizzle into nothing or end abruptly without any sort of resolution. It's like life, basically, but way more clever and with butt jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

monkeytennis posted:

I liked the one where he was complaining about not being able to get his wiener out of the 'hatch' in front of his underpants, but I can't find it anywhere. Help goons.

Also you are all liars and fools, this is clearly the very best Achewood

• Locked thread