Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

Can you even find the Far Side in print anymore?

Rather easily, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kelvron posted:

I kinda want to try and eat a pizza like that. Just to see how easy it would be.

If the base is not crispy/hard and the toppings are pretty well glued on (with cheese for instance) it works very well. The hardest part is cutting a nice spiral - maybe it's easier with an actual pizza cutter I just have a knife.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No butt plug posting please.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

N. Senada posted:

You say Beartato, I say Beartato.

You loving dwarf!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Achewood is literally Gilmore Girls with funny animals instead of people.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

Holy poo poo AZ is about a girl?

Oh you too thought it was a cartoon about the singer of Guns'n'Roses.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Minarch posted:

Replace last panel with goatse tia

Tia did goatse?!?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Agent355 posted:

This was posted today

Do you think ronnie is a lurker and this comic is actually responding to this thread? That would be amazing. Extremely unlikely, but amazing.

No he said cool people.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Full Battle Rattle posted:

You're probably not at a bar if you're drinking straight vodka. I would imagine things haven't been going well for you lately.

If you live in a place where people don't drink straight vodka you should either move or stay there. I'm not sure which.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Guys, don't do the thing that about 90% of goons do and conflate characters in comic strips with their authors to any degree.

No, not even when those characters look like and/or are called the same as the author.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

It probably won't be long until absolutely nobody will get this joke. Hell, I'm surprised it was printed as late as 1990.

I think the time is now. What does "there go the pips" mean?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bad Roy posted:

As your money ran out on a payphone, you'd hear pips on the line to signal it. God, I feel old.

Oh. Around here you'd hear beeps.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've read a few Viz annuals at a bar and every single page of them was consistently naff pedestrian poo poo that only the most dull-minded of individuals would ever voluntarily read (:ironicat:). Are these Drunken Bakers a new development?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kasan posted:

I'm guessing its a cultural thing, but I don't get any of these comics you guys are linking from the UK. I wouldn't think that something commonly funny in a country could be niche humor but I think it qualifies.

The last one wasn't very funny, just mildly humorous. :thejoke:: Man is hell of racist, thinks everyone he meets is a monstrous minority even though they're not (:newlol:), the most unmistakably British ones (in British folk dress) mug him but he still blames it on dirty foreigners (:newlol::newlol::newlol:)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

whoda thunkit posted:

Huh, I thought the joke was that he'd actually been attacked by Albanians in traditional garb but because he was a racist shithead no one believed him. I guess I don't know what the gently caress traditional British folk dress looks like, I also didn't find any of the drunken bear strips funny though, so I guess I'm just a humorless prick. I'm okay with this.

Albanians called Fred and Bert.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is like... actual comedy. Are you sure it's from Viz?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I've read viz when I visited the uk. I also find the idea of a man with a hitler stache getting attacked by people in traditional Albanian dress really, really funny, so that is a good alternate ending.

Oh come on don't :hitler: this up that's clearly not a Hitler moustache.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lenoon posted:

Viz is very much supposed to be awful, and it is very very British. If the humour isn't gallows-black it's a simple cock and balls/poo poo/fat slags joke. That's who we are as a people.

Yes but it's also mostly incredibly tedious.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spog posted:

It;s also a pardoy of both a) very British things and b) classic British comics - so if you aren't familar with them, you aren't going to pick up a lot of a humour.

Classic British comics are usually also very very bad.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kajeesus posted:

I know you're supposed to read the girlfriend as a vapid hypocrite, but I can only read it as him saying absolutely nothing to her during the entire date. Just sits there, staring at her, not saying a word until he gets home and then belines for the xobox.

I bet it's a lot more honest than the author intended!

I know I said in this very thread that one shouldn't conflate the comicist and the comic but drat if it doesn't come across as ol' Pablo thinking a girl being at a bar with two dudes is somehow slutty.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slim Killington posted:

This is stupid because if it were real he'd have felt it a lot sooner than turning around and seeing it, so he would know it wasn't :colbert:

If I tapped you on the shoulder and held up a piece of fake poo, do you think you'd remain calm because in that moment you'd realize if it were actual poo you'd have smelled it already?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slim Killington posted:

Well I don't have superhuman abilities, so

Ah the superpower of "not being able to be surprised".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

See! It's a funny comic :v:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rumda posted:

Na its because fat people look funnier when they are spherical

It's also easier to draw spherical people than people-shaped people. And having a spherical tall guy would make panel composition really loving hard.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Stardust the Super-Wizard is the best thing in the world. This is canon.

He has a Superiority Ray.

Look at this post. Look at it and think "this poster is correct."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Now, one thing we're all forgetting in this Neil DeGrasse Tyson-Level explanation of earth's rotation, is this:

How do these criminals not die?

I can't remember for sure, but either they chained themselves to something or took some anti-anti-gravity pill.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gigawhite posted:

Are you seriously suggesting that a goon would go in the ocean

The only place I feel weightless :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I'm picturing this with Ronnie doing his sad face.

Where can I get very large hawaiian shirts?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Yyyyyeah, looks like something we'd be responsible for. :canada:

It's like Dave Sim's beaver strip only not at all funny :eyepop:

e: Is rhyming meant to make it funny? It makes it less funny. It actually makes it drop below zero funniness. It makes it... a garfield.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 09:14 on Jun 30, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AdorableStar posted:

You have to become fat enough to where all your shirts turn into Hawaiian shirts.

I think it only works in North America because I'm pretty sure I'm past that point. All my jackets have turned into hoodies though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dewgy posted:

Some say Runnie's replace submerged into the Earth, never to be seen again. Some say his physical form exploded into millions of twinkling sparkles that dissipated into the brisk northerly winds. All we know is they call him the Stig.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kellsterik posted:

Cardboard Crack is definitely the funniest comic on the Web.

Your taste in comics is unmitigated bum.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

If he had the materials and the skills to build a cabin, he should have been able to build a bridge to get past the gap. A Bad Cartoon.

He built it out of his poop you know.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Detroit is that place where you go "Life evolved, and learned to get the gently caress away from this crazy rear end place". It's mother nature's deathtrap.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IllMOrXkhlM

(This is the best 3D shooter ever by the way.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's time... to split :smuggo:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF4ZLtVIk8o

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pookah posted:

I love the grumpy skeleton who just wants to moulder quietly for all eternity but can't because of those drat skeletons just WON'T STOP PARTYING!.

I like the tooter skeleton who has just realized he can make no sounds with his tooting instrument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

How is it apocryphal if we really have bones in our wieners?

How Can Our Boners Be Real If Our Wieners Aren't Real?

• Locked thread