Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

There is a good chance they put more time into those than into editing their videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DarkHamsterlord posted:

It's subscriber content, but since you mentioned Bioforge, I feel like it's also worth mentioning the currently ongoing Load Our Last Souls, in which Vinny loaded up his old Dark Souls save and is now trying to beat it. He has a couple of people (one who's beaten the game, the other has played more than Vinny has) to help guide him, so he never gets totally lost. They guide him just enough so it's not frustrating to watch, but not so much that they take all the fun out of a blind Dark Souls run. His save is more or less immediately after the Lord Vessel, so you miss out on the first half of the game, but it's still an entertaining watch.

Matt Rorie played through the first half on his Twitch channel by himself if anyone wants to see the first part of the game with on of the GB guys. I believe his streams stop at about the same time as Vinny's stuff starts but I'm not a premium member so I'm not positive.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

There is a good chance they put more time into those than into editing their videos.

That and those dumb intros done in After Effects or whatever.

As for custom thumbnails, I get really turned off from watching videos when the thumbnail features either the LPer's or a 'Toon' version of their mugshot somewhere on the thumbnail.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Sundowner posted:

I really disliked Zilian the whole time, irrespective of any disability fraud. He was just a real dick to his chat and even to his girlfriend who he'd have on a separate cam covering another quarter of his screen.

A few days ago I was watching some BOILeR speedruns (Binding of Isaac battles) and I cannot even begin to explain how much of an rear end in a top hat Crumps is. Every legit question brought up by the chat was responded with a scoff and a "read the rules". He'd be a huge dick to someone in the chat and ban them for no reason. Someone would very kindly ask why that person was banned, only to get banned themselves. This was happening every minute. Any even slightly negative thing said about Crumps was responded with a ban.

So what is it that makes people think they can be huge assholes on twitch? To their own viewers? The sickening thing was the dozens of other people in the chat saying things like "yeah, ban those guys! You're the best ever crumps! (twitchdogface emote)". I can't think of a time I've ever been offended so much by someone was I saw all this, and I had to turn it off.

Twitch is such a weird place. The bottom of the barrel stuff is worse than pewdiepie. But then again you do find the occasional good streamer; Denzel Glovington introduced me to Sinister1. I'm also a fan of Spelunky runs by B. Rex and BearTaffy. No face cams on any of those guys! Sinister1 is streaming right now and just did something that makes my point about being a dick to your chat. I'm sure he gets asked why he only uses Raphael in TMNT4 every 15 minutes or so, but he always answers the chat in a helpful way.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

To be fair Twitch commenters tend to rival even YouTube in their ability to be absolutely terrible, but in the case of video producers being terrible to their audience I would like to think it's an issue that eventually resolves itself. If you're terrible to your fanbase they will eventually turn on you, except for the few idiots who endorse people's behavior regardless of how terrible it is. In most cases that isn't enough people to make it a viable monetary resource thankfully.

I've never really understood people who hate their audiences though, I have to assume it's all ego really. You could make an argument for people hating their jobs and the moment you turn a hobby into job you start to hate it, but really people just suck.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
I used to watch Frozen Foxy back when i first found Let's Play but now i can't even watch his stuff anymore since it took him over 100 parts to do a blind Low Chaos playthrough of Dishonored without cutting anything out.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Popo posted:

I know most of you will likely know the next two links already but gently caress it, if you don't, you should;
Giant Bombs Endurance runs. GB's Quick Looks and Endurance Runs are their big draw after the Bombcast. The QL's tend to be very good and well produced. There's a thread in Rapidly Going Deaf which has a list of must watch QLs.
Onto the ER's. Where QL's are half hour to an hour long the Endurance Runs go for the whole game, just like a real, grown up LP. They're usually blind or as close to blind that it makes no difference but they tend to move at a good pace. The first was Persona 4, run by Vinny and Jeff. They have a great chemistry and the game itself is great fun so it's easy to enjoy. My only warnings are that they don't cut out grinding but they keep the banter going so it's not bad and it's pretty long (over 100 hours).
The second was the dual Runs of Deadly Premonition by team Vinny and Jeff and team brad and Ryan. Vinny and Jeff probably have the funnier run and finish a bit faster but Brad and Ryan are still worth a look. If you enjoyed SuperGreatFriends LP I'd still say this is worth a look so you can see just how hard this game can be to non-experienced players.
Most recently Patrick Klepek and Ryan Davis ran Chrono Trigger. Less "laugh a second" than previous ER's it's still very good.
If you become a subscriber then check out Backflips and Bioforge as well.

It's worth noting that if you know anything about Chrono Trigger or are capable of paying attention in video games, maybe don't watch Patrick and Ryan's Chrono Trigger videos, lest you find yourself speaking ill of the dead. Good Patrick content is better found in Backflips/Bioforge and good Ryan poo poo can be found literally anywhere else. In Chrono Trigger they regularly ignore all the text, make blanket statements about JRPGs (a genre they will admit to knowing nearly nothing about), and boy oh boy do the boys at Giant Bomb hate editing. Lose the save? gently caress it, play everything again on camera? Get the airship/timemachine? Leave it behind and spend an hour complaining that the game is "making" you walk.

E:
The youtube partner group Two Best Friends Play is pretty good. Their original stuff with Machinima was pretty weak and gimmicky, but over time as they did more videos and started doing full LPs on their personal channel, the schtick gave way to reveal a group of dudes who are pretty funny and know their poo poo. In my book their playthrough of Heavy Rain and more recent playthrough of Indigo Prophecy are the only two things justifying the existence of David Cage.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 11, 2013

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rodyle posted:

The youtube partner group Two Best Friends Play is pretty good. Their original stuff with Machinima was pretty weak and gimmicky, but over time as they did more videos and started doing full LPs on their personal channel, the schtick gave way to reveal a group of dudes who are pretty funny and know their poo poo. In my book their playthrough of Heavy Rain and more recent playthrough of Indigo Prophecy are the only two things justifying the existence of David Cage.

I thought it was hilarious that they tried the facecam thing for their Shitstorm videos and got so much hate for it that it only appeared in the first one. So glad their fanbase didn't go for that crap.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

SUPER ASIA posted:

I think they can help out, if done well and have a consistent format. Eye-catching ones might bring in more people and that's always a good thing. My boyfriend does all the art for my show and my thumbnails generally consist of my persona cosplaying as a character from the game, with the Channel title, the game name, and an episode number. People have generally commented on really liking them, and I noticed an upswing, however small, in subscribers after I started using them. If nothing else, well done ones add just a little bit of class to the whole channel, and that's never a bad thing.

I have to ask, is this a joke post? Because I count about 5 things I would consider "wrong" with it.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

LeafyOrb posted:

To be fair Twitch commenters tend to rival even YouTube in their ability to be absolutely terrible,

A sampler of the banned usernames on my channel unfortunately confirms this, if only when racism via usernames was deemed necessary by someone in order to get their points across when getting banned in a relatively sparsely populated chatroom:
  • mexicano077
  • fat_american_virgins
  • mexcian_cant_afford_shoes
  • mexican_scum_of_the_earth
Example of Twitch-goers' potential to be terrible aside, I really enjoyed COSMOSJP's speedy MGS4 stuff. It's almost instructional in its simplicity, and is also quite entertaining to watch the first time even if you aren't trying to learn how to go through the game quickly.
It's not really an LP so much as a speed-run demonstration, though, but I can't really think of anything else I know of worth sharing.

SUPER ASIA
Apr 4, 2008

SUPER ASIA

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

I have to ask, is this a joke post? Because I count about 5 things I would consider "wrong" with it.

No, It was in no way a joke post. I don't really care for dishonesty, even intentionally, for comedy purposes. Would you share with me what you find wrong with it, please? It's always fascinating to explore and understand conflicting opinions, and it might help me improve.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Super Asia posted:

thumbnails generally consist of my persona cosplaying as a character from the game,
I'm going to guess this is one of the issues Frenzy is taking with your description of the thumbnails.

Speaking of livestreams, there's a guy who tracks down Battlefield 3 livestreamers and uses what is supposed to be a remote controlled airplane thing to kill them, which provokes some interesting reactions. 69Zelmarked69 has said he's pretty much done with Battlefield 3, but it really is worth going through his videos and watching just how upset people get at him over this. If that sounds too daunting, just watch this one. It's easily the most viewed video on his channel and for good reason.

Lazyfire fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 11, 2013

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Smornstein posted:

I used to watch Frozen Foxy back when i first found Let's Play but now i can't even watch his stuff anymore since it took him over 100 parts to do a blind Low Chaos playthrough of Dishonored without cutting anything out.
Aye, I remember that he was actually on here for a bit and he was doing a pretty good Dead Space 2 LP, but then just dropped off the forums. I also remember there was a problem with him during his initial posts because people hunted him down on some furry forum. Apparently it's a good idea to never ever mark yourself with animal names or animal icons.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
I like watching people who I know from other ventures try their hand at LPs, even if it's not that polished. The most obvious example is Scottish stand-up and sometime video game reviewer Robert Florence, who did a partial LP of Raw Danger. I also like the Video Games Taco podcasters having a go at streaming Saints Row 4, even if they did wind up spending 15 minutes LPing an installation screen...

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

SUPER ASIA posted:

No, It was in no way a joke post. I don't really care for dishonesty, even intentionally, for comedy purposes. Would you share with me what you find wrong with it, please? It's always fascinating to explore and understand conflicting opinions, and it might help me improve.

-You call your channel your "show" which makes me think you're trying to claim or expect some form of legitimacy for playing video games for the internet.
-You claim to have a persona. I am a strong believer that LPs should always always always be about the game, and having a persona implies that you consider yourself to be the focus of your work and that games are just a medium to put yourself out there.
-You play cosplay dress-up with your persona. Enough said.
-Putting your channel name in thumbnails isn't a huge deal but is goofy since I don't think they are ever displayed without being right next to a link to your channel anyways. Also, see this screenshot for an example of how overbranding can be super annoying.
-I'll give half a point each to caring about youtube comments and subscriber count. Checking your subs as a means of seeing whether people are watching your stuff is cool, but using that and comments to dictate how you do things is bad bad bad because the youtube community is a sounding chamber of lovely ideas.

That was from your post. Apart from that, the fact that your username, avatar, and title are all "SUPER ASIA" makes me suspect that that is your show/channel name and that the account was made purely to advertise it. Also, I've never seen you post in a thread much less make your own, so I can guess that you find things like the three month rule and a minimum standard of quality to be too restrictive for your stuff. Sometimes I over-analyze, so I may be wrong on some of this, but that's how it comes off to me.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Niggurath posted:

Aye, I remember that he was actually on here for a bit and he was doing a pretty good Dead Space 2 LP, but then just dropped off the forums. I also remember there was a problem with him during his initial posts because people hunted him down on some furry forum. Apparently it's a good idea to never ever mark yourself with animal names or animal icons.

Honestly, web detective stuff like that always irritates me. Genuinely, who gives a flying crap about what people do outside SA as long as they don't bring it onto SA itself? At that point you're just poo poo-stirring for the sake of it, unless it's something genuinely harmful or actively illegal. I guess it depends on how you define 'harmful' but if we're talking about being a furry I just don't see it being relevant here as long as they're not making it some kind of posting gimmick.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Agent Interrobang posted:

Honestly, web detective stuff like that always irritates me. Genuinely, who gives a flying crap about what people do outside SA as long as they don't bring it onto SA itself? At that point you're just poo poo-stirring for the sake of it, unless it's something genuinely harmful or actively illegal. I guess it depends on how you define 'harmful' but if we're talking about being a furry I just don't see it being relevant here as long as they're not making it some kind of posting gimmick.

another annoying thing about web detective is if you just search by username, you can't be certain that it is the same person with the user name. Yes I go by mateo360 on other sites too but if I search for my own name then I get results that link to site were others have used that name as well that I have never even been too.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
I'd like to bring something up regarding GiantBomb or specifically Patrick Klepek's content that probably relates very closely to something most people (my self included) hate with LPs. Sadly what I'm talking about is subscriber-only content (a subscription I wholeheartedly recommend paying for if you enjoy GiantBomb's regular content) but Patrick does a show called Spookin' With Scoops where he, as an extremely avid horror fan, plays a bunch of scary games.

He does have a face cam but until recently he noted he didn't even know there was the whole facecam super sp00ky LP thing on YouTube, so he just did it as a means to show his "genuine reactions". What makes his playthroughs infinitely more tolerable is that he's already a very engaging and well spoken person, he's analytic but only when he needs to be and I tend to find his show is more enjoyable with a camera than the times he's experimented without it.

One thing that really sold me on his show was when he did his first batch of Oculus Rift horror games/demos, just last week. With his camera that show was infinitely more intense seeing how one would react to horror they can't immediately escape from. It's a wee bit weird watching the gameplay from just one of the "eyes" of the Oculus but for the purposes of the stream/show it worked. After his first Oculus Rift show I was convinced I wanted one once they hit commercially, solely for horror games as it looked so intense. After his second Oculus Rift show I'm convinced I don't want one. I'd never have known that had I not seen his show with the facecam.

I think a camera has it's merit when it's the right person doing it and when it's abundantly clear that they aren't doing it for cheap views or laughs from the audience. Spookin' With Scoops never airs on youtube and it's accessible only to subscribers, which makes it feel a tad more genuine than say, pewdiepie, who might have played many of the same games Patrick has on his show. Unfortunately "the right person" is few and far between.

That and the fact that GiantBomb are a very video-centric site probably has me more accepting of seeing their faces than any other gaming outlet on the net.

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 11, 2013

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
For me I use custom thumbnails mostly to bring the game together, and I noticed stuff like YOGSCAST do that too, just to give the series in particular its own look so while zooming through their mountain of videos you know which ones you want.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Phantasium posted:

I thought it was hilarious that they tried the facecam thing for their Shitstorm videos and got so much hate for it that it only appeared in the first one. So glad their fanbase didn't go for that crap.

Pat has said before that he thinks facecams are stupid. He only put it in cause Matt insisted they try it at least once.

SUPER ASIA
Apr 4, 2008

SUPER ASIA

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

-You call your channel your "show" which makes me think you're trying to claim or expect some form of legitimacy for playing video games for the internet.
-You claim to have a persona. I am a strong believer that LPs should always always always be about the game, and having a persona implies that you consider yourself to be the focus of your work and that games are just a medium to put yourself out there.
-You play cosplay dress-up with your persona. Enough said.
-Putting your channel name in thumbnails isn't a huge deal but is goofy since I don't think they are ever displayed without being right next to a link to your channel anyways. Also, see this screenshot for an example of how overbranding can be super annoying.
-I'll give half a point each to caring about youtube comments and subscriber count. Checking your subs as a means of seeing whether people are watching your stuff is cool, but using that and comments to dictate how you do things is bad bad bad because the youtube community is a sounding chamber of lovely ideas.

That was from your post. Apart from that, the fact that your username, avatar, and title are all "SUPER ASIA" makes me suspect that that is your show/channel name and that the account was made purely to advertise it. Also, I've never seen you post in a thread much less make your own, so I can guess that you find things like the three month rule and a minimum standard of quality to be too restrictive for your stuff. Sometimes I over-analyze, so I may be wrong on some of this, but that's how it comes off to me.

These are all fair points and I respect your views. However, you are incorrect on every assumption you have made about me. I call my channel my 'show' because it's just the word I use. I seek no legitimacy from strangers and can't imagine why I would. I use a persona in part because I started LPing as a way to get used to talking (spent a large potion of my life not speaking, and developed some hangups, adopting a persona makes it easier to distance myself from that and speak to other people, especially since it is recorded and not in person.) the cosplaying stuff is just to be fun/cute/endearing.

I suppose the channel name is really just a matter of opinion one way or the other, and I can absolutely understand your point of view without devaluing my own. As for youtube comments, I care because a lot of my subscribers are/have become personal friends of mine and I value their thoughts and want to include them in the channel. I believe games are about having fun at heart and bringing other people into it in inclusive ways builds a community around that fun, making it better for everyone. Incidentally, Super Asia is not my channel name and has nothing to do with it, nor would I advertise my channel here. I do take my video and audio quality seriously (It's not perfect, but I always try to improve it) and I think the three month rule is rather smart and solid. I don't think I've even LPed a game newer than six months.

Sorry for going way off topic in the interests of honesty, I'll bring it back around by offering you Splattercat (http://www.youtube.com/user/SplatterCatGaming) Who is likable because they are smart, funny, and verbose. they sometimes go of on tangents but it's nice to have a Youtube LPer that isn't a shrieking stupid howler monkey. He mostly does indie games and has an endearing voice which only helps. His sound quality is also very good.

I'll also recommend Das24860 (http://www.youtube.com/user/Das24680) a friendly Englishman who does mostly strategy titles. He's actually pretty good at the genre and has a nice voice. I am always in the nice voice/audio camp, if the person has a terrible mic or a really irritating voice, I can't watch, no matter how good their channel is.

suicideprinny
Mar 11, 2013
I do use a more standardized custom thumbnail, but mainly for ease of cataloging and making it easy for people to find the exact one they need. Most of the time it's just an image with a title and a number, but for some of them, I get a little more elaborate. My "Filthy Casual" series has rotating characters being used, so every thumbnail is that character in whatever gear they started the episode in. I personally think it looks kinda slick, but that's just me. I'm not going to link my channel if you want to see the examples, that would be a little lovely. Search me on YouTube, I pop up.

I think the thumbnails go a ways into making the channel more professional looking. I may not have a ton of subs, but I play ball the same either way, whether I have 50 or 50 thousand. I think it's important to act and look like you put some work into what you do, and not just slapped some poo poo up there.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

suicideprinny posted:

I think the thumbnails go a ways into making the channel more professional looking. I may not have a ton of subs, but I play ball the same either way, whether I have 50 or 50 thousand. I think it's important to act and look like you put some work into what you do, and not just slapped some poo poo up there.

That's the thing that gets me the most about custom thumbnails, they can be or are a helpful thing in finding more content quickly. My issue is that for everyone uses them so people can find more content from that series there are 12 YouTubers who paste their face into the thumbnail so you can find more of their other content based on what they look like.

If you're not already watching every video as it comes out (If not; what's wrong with you?) these thumbnails tell you everything you need to know about the video while letting you know it is the same person due to the overlays and filters and text style and whatnot. This is a good thing.

Then you have this poo poo. Some of these don't even have the name of the game or episode number or anything in the thumbnail, just the face of the person playing.

Oh, look, he's dressed like Ash, this surely speaks to the quality contained therein. This guy also facecams every game he plays for no apparent reason

WE'RE EVEN TEACHING BAD HABITS TO OUR CHILDREN! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

By the way, this just took ten seconds searching for "Slender" to find. Not even "Slender Facecam"

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Discussion of the popular LPers like Game Grumps or Two Best Friends Play tends to get relegated to the Internet Critic thread in RGD, so I assume this is the "preferred" thread to talk about them.

On the topic of the latter, while it seems like he figured out to stop getting personally involved with this stuff, it still really put me off that Matt used the producer channel to harp on Anita Sarkeesian because she criticized some games he likes. While I've watched a few of their recent videos, it still really bothers me since it confirms his pervert "shtick" is totally sincere.

It really shouldn't be difficult to keep your own personal politics separate from your videos, especially when they're your meal ticket.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
As regards the Game Grumps, what they put out varies a good bit in quality, but my general feeling is for every one kinda-cruddy video there's at least two or three really entertaining ones. They also put a lot of effort into their technical presentation and they're pretty quick to admit when a given gag or concept just flat-out isn't working, like how the Steam Train Castle Crashers LP was kind of terrible for the first few videos then got a lot better. They're definitely what I'd consider a 'lunch break LP' where I'll throw on a video while I'm eating because they tend to be short, punchy, and consistently fun.

Also, they got a lot better once Danny replaced Jon. I'm sure there's a ton of folks waiting in the wings to impale me for saying so, but I feel like Danny plays off of Arin way better and relies a lot less on shouting and catchphrases; JonTron really works best as a solo act doing his own informative non-LP stuff. Towards the end of Jon's run you could feel the fatigue setting in.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

miscellaneous14 posted:

On the topic of the latter, while it seems like he figured out to stop getting personally involved with this stuff, it still really put me off that Matt used the producer channel to harp on Anita Sarkeesian because she criticized some games he likes. While I've watched a few of their recent videos, it still really bothers me since it confirms his pervert "shtick" is totally sincere.

Couldn't that just mean he disagrees with Anita Sarkeesian? Because god knows there's more than a few people that do that.

Phantasium posted:

Yeah they were talking about that on the podcast. "So guess what ISN'T going on the channel? FACECAM, cause you guys got SUPER MAD!"

The Best Friend Cast is a problem for me because it comes out the same day as the Bombcast. I can't deal with 6 hours of audio in a day guys :negative:

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

I present you: The Awesome Incarnate!

I haven't watched any of his game videos but his vlogs are pretty awesome.

Here he talks about how 5 girls keep hitting him up but he does not have time because of his youtube commitments while some Call of Duty is on in the background. Actually here is a quote from the video description.

quote:

*Note* : Whiteboy7thst did a video on women and relationships recently. In a way, this is my reply/opinion on the subject of having a girlfriend VS being committed to YouTube, Gaming, etc. Thanks to experience, I think I'm making the right choice! :D

Here he rambles for 10 minutes about him having like a billion views but no subscribers, here he got partnered by TGN and is giving a speech like he just won an oscar or something, here he whines about youtube loving him over because he was the first to record Mass Effect 3 but youtube makes it so you only find Pewdiepie when you search for something.

Also Rockstar would not send him a review copy of GTA5 because they don't care for his 3000 subscribers. These assholes.

I bet there are a lot more awesome videos by him but i could not take anymore.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

Eulisker posted:

I present you: The Awesome Incarnate!

Man, this guy must be terrible at LPs - and I can say this without watching a single video. Looking at his SocialBlade stats he's getting 75k views a month and maybe 40 subscribers (which is a really bad ratio). Basically all the people are finding his videos of day-one games via search and not liking the content of his videos.

Weird that he would be mystified by that, rather than trying to improve his content/style. I recognized his channel when you mentioned it because he changes his channel name to the newest game he's LPed with a bunch of numbers - as if that somehow helps traffic.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
His "descriptions" are "astounding"...

Gum Drop
Aug 17, 2013

Competitive player of a dead game.

Sundowner posted:

What even the gently caress.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Wow, I didn't think I'd ever find an abuse of punctuation that makes you look even more obnoxious than sincere use of tons of exclamation points!!!!!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sundowner posted:

This playthrough of a David Cage game has no commentary except for the cutscenes. Ha.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Sundowner posted:

...and to think I thought i've seen everything Youtube had to offer from the category of retarded.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Sundowner posted:

Wait, is this that idiot that messaged Slowbeef about how he was the first person to do a video Let's Play a while back?

Actually, don't answer that, I went and checked my post history in the Sandcastle and it is.

Read this poo poo:

Burton posted:

In the spring of 2005, lifelong gamer Burton Finch and his friends launched Ownage Inc., a website dedicated to documenting their adventures in cyberspace. The first series, Burton VS FEAR (inspired by 'Mesh does Doom 3') premiered on GameFront to critical acclaim. In 2006, with the rise of YouTube and FEAR's expansion on the horizon, Burton migrated the entire series and more to his director account - OwnageIncBFinch.

In one week Burton VS FEAR and Alex VS FEAR: Extraction Point took off with just over 46,000 views! This success later spawned a similar series - Burton VS Dead Space, and a one-off of Burton VS FEAR 2's Demo, videos also gaining over 30,000 views by word of mouth ALONE! If only guys like Ray William Johnson were around then, huh? Perhaps Burton's real job wouldn't had been threatened and the videos wouldn't have to have been archived?

If only...

Today - I, Burton Finch, intend have re-released those videos in full near-lossless HD quality to celebrate the launch of my new channel, Awesome Incarnate, which will feature many more video series from dozens of games!!

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

Wait, is this that idiot that messaged Slowbeef about how he was the first person to do a video Let's Play a while back?

Actually, don't answer that, I went and checked my post history in the Sandcastle and it is.

Read this poo poo:

Right that was why I remembered him. I think he is a great fit for this thread.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Slowbeef posted:

You're right, and I've thought about that before, but a few things:

1. His girlfriend is pretty clearly in on it. She talks to him in code to let him know the camera's on him.

2. Their story changed a couple of times. Firstly, according to him, he got up to get his dog a bowl of water or something, and immediately fell over off-camera (though he still manages to push the camera down when he realizes, somehow). Then, his girlfriend claimed he had undergone physical therapy and was able to stand for short periods.

If there's a code to that frantic rambling I am not able to decipher it.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Law posted:

If there's a code to that frantic rambling I am not able to decipher it.

At 0:32, he stands up and she says "Oh my God," but tries to segue it. "He hangs out at fish shops and stuff." She says a fish a couple times to clue him in that the fishtank is on camera. (Not great, but it's what she can see.) Then she mentions the dog sitting on her lap and peeing on her lap.

So what's odd is the non-sequitir story (which ends pretty much right after he readjusts the camera) where she's saying "fish" and "lap. Basically her phrasing's weird considering what's going on.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Lazyfire posted:

The weird thing is he actually messaged baldurk.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Slowbeef posted:

At 0:32, he stands up and she says "Oh my God," but tries to segue it. "He hangs out at fish shops and stuff." She says a fish a couple times to clue him in that the fishtank is on camera. (Not great, but it's what she can see.) Then she mentions the dog sitting on her lap and peeing on her lap.

So what's odd is the non-sequitir story (which ends pretty much right after he readjusts the camera) where she's saying "fish" and "lap. Basically her phrasing's weird considering what's going on.

Oh I don't care about that anymore:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-955231

quote:

From further investigation of some angry but capable viewers, Zilianop has been in relationship with his girlfriend (panthoria) for over a year, he was 26 and his girlfriend was 16, he claimed he has had sex with his girlfriend, a minor, furthermore, the parents of this girl had no knowledge of this relation at all.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Law posted:

Oh I don't care about that anymore:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-955231

:psyduck:

That amateur article posted:

I am not capable of verifying these information, but all these are from trustworthy viewers.

You might want to take that with a grain of salt.

• Locked thread