Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
This completely validates custom thumbnails for me:

That said, I often find them annoying. Many people use them to put a generic game logo or similar on it, which in my opinion just makes it harder to identify what the video is about exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Thanks for this because this gives me an excellent example of the thing I hate:

Sure, you can instantly identify the game, but apart from that you have no idea what's the difference between GTA V Part 15 and GTA V Part 20, because they use exactly the same image!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

Who wants to talk about YouTube randomly putting 3rd party content acknowledgement requests against videos?

thepostgame, for those of you who have lives and don't know every random YouTube Networks is a YouTube Let's Player network that apparently claimed part of Batman: Arkham City for themselves. How they got to do that is beyond me.

I'd had a similar thing happen once, mail the guy and explain the situation.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

gatz posted:

If anyone isn't watching the latest retsupurae thing, you're missing out big time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5tnsCnGEU

I haven't laughed so hard in long time.

Now that all parts of this are up I have to re-recommend it, it's hilarious, you really should watch the whole thing. The final part had one moment I laughed at for several minutes because of its sheer absurdity.

Slowbeef is also uploading a stream of an iOS game called Room Break to his Youtube channel, which -- despite its low video quality -- is also worth a look. It gets pretty ridiculous around chapter 3.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I hope this finally leads to a "Your Content ID system hosed up and this content is not copyrighted by the claimant." option on the Dispute page, because goddamn that happens too often.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I've been enjoying their Disaster: Day of Crisis LP because it's a ridiculous game that I never would have played myself, and I'm enjoying experiencing all of the stupid poo poo that happens in that game alongside them. The story isn't really that interesting or important, so I don't care when they start cracking jokes over the cutscenes or going on tangents.

Sorry, but there's only one correct LP of that game.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Mr DJB posted:

I'm also taken aback by the fact that not a single person hit the B Button while Pidgetto was evolving.

The twitch chat server clearly can't handle all the messages, notice how it occasionally just stops posting messages before posting a ton at once.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The Heavenator posted:

The easiest way would be to just create the keystrokes in the program using sendkeys() or whatever the equivalent is for the programming language he used.

I tried exactly that but SendKeys() doesn't generate input visible to DirectInput, which is what most emulators and games use, unfortunately.

e: Got it working, the answer is to use SendInput() with KEYEVENTF_SCANCODE and these codes in the input structure's wScan. See here and adapt. My script is ugly as hell at the moment, might clean and post it.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 17, 2014

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

unpronounceable posted:

I know they use an irc bot to get commands from the chat but how does it interface with the emulator?

So it's still kinda ugly, but this works.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

heytallman posted:

To get back on topic with LP-related stuff, I started up a series on Youtube. I know there's a ban on Pokémon related stuff here, and I don't think it's unique/interesting enough to warrant asking permission for a thread, but I like playing competitively, and wanted to start uploading videos of some good matches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69DnKFbT9vc.

This got kinda lost in the shuffle I feel, but I wanted to mention that I'd actually be pretty interested in a Pokémon thread that doesn't focus on the single player storyline, but rather on the multiplayer competitive elements of the series. I never really got into the multiplayer battles, and as someone who only plays the games as a single-player experience with maybe some online trading, it's kinda hard to actually understand all the tactics that go into competitive battles. Your video seems interesting, but is still kind of overwhelming for someone like me. A "competitive battles 101" thread could be really neat if you -- or anyone else -- would want to do that.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Mr DJB posted:

Camcorder LP or not, hearing commentary from the developers themselves is awesome! I'd love to see more stuff like this if anyone can find it. The only thing I can think of that comes close is hearing Mike Pollock (Eggman) co-commentating in a Sonic Unleashed stream on Twitch.

There's also playthroughs of the Ratchet & Clank games by two of their programmers.

e: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSvmpQDiy_QIFrqpDw9tBA

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Mr DJB posted:

I dunno, Coded wasn't ported into a two and a half hour long anime cutscene (or without my drunk commentary).

Not yet! It'll be in KH 2.5.

(Yes, I'm actually serious. No, I don't know why you would HD remake Coded's cutscenes of all things.)

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Mr DJB posted:

Haha, you're not loving with me? Brilliant!

Though if I can get HD Birth By Sleep, I'll buy it. I'm terrible.

Yep, it'll have KH2 Final Mix, BBS Final Mix, and Coded cutscenes, so extremely solid collection apart from the Coded part. Also I just looked up the official title and it's "Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX", I'm pretty sure you can't use Roman numerals like that.

Anyway, to get this back on track, what exactly is Disney expecting from this acquisition? This doesn't seem the type of thing that fits their company.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Hey, Guacamelee for $1 is a fantastic deal you should take.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Too late now since it's already been quoted (more than once), but for the future, you probably shouldn't embed NSFW videos, it kinda defeats the point of marking them in the first place.

Anyway,

Mr DJB posted:

German Let's Players

I was one of the people who asked about high-quality German LPs in the comments of your video, and what someone replied does make sense: There's no SA-like place in German, so the videos are gonna be Youtube quality no matter what you do -- you have no better reference point. After all, if you're well-versed enough in the English language that you can visit SA (or any other English speaking place that enforces quality, which probably exist), you're probably gonna make your LP in English, because it includes a far bigger audience.

Lazyfire posted:

Capture hardware may be more difficult to come by or programs like FRAPS may not be as available or more expensive or whatever, who knows?

Nah, that's not it. Capture cards are easily available and things like Fraps that want you to pay in USD end up being perceived cheaper due to the Euro being stronger than the US-Dollar.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I don't think anyone actually knows. Maybe send a twitter message to Aksys' US branch?

e: vv Well there you go.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 26, 2014

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God for Vita.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The Double Fine channel just posted a video of Tim Schafer playing Day of the Tentacle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qumYnE2wYhA

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Tip: Inconvenience your audience to grow it!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The main character of StarTropics.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

See if you can get the video URL with URL Snooper.

e: v Not to mention you have a local backup if Twitch/HItbox/whatever fucks up and doesn't properly record. That option should really be checked by default.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UyimkkYqZo

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Muramasa is a Wii game, unless you're playing in Dolphin you're not getting anything from the higher resolution since the Wii only renders at 480p max anyway. Muramasa is also a very fast and actiony game that definitely benefits from higher framerates.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Angrymog posted:

I'm interested in what a Psychedelic Eyeball accent is.

https://youtu.be/IoN_ZNIiots?t=2103

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

Aren't there an handful of goon made LPs of that one? Not even them pulled it off?

Dabir posted:

Game Grumps aside, those are the handful of goons.

Both MassRafTer and Danaru completed Sonic 06 without Silver credits issues.

Also while I'm here, slowbeef's complaint about the meteors in Flame Core being completely undodgeable reminded me of this fantastic moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

You mean P.A. Master?

• Locked thread