Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
Not entirely "LP's" but I'm a big fan of both Sullla and T-Hawk's game reports. Sullla has a lot of learning articles, taking you through his experience of playing games from the start, to being really pretty drat good and he does a great job of showcasing the games he reports on. T-Hawk generally expects a higher level of knowledge on the part of readers for the games he writes about, but has done some crazy games, like Alpha Cenaturi 76 turn transcendence, or 1 million point Civ 4. It's often quite technical stuff, but I find it fascinating.

A youtuber called Nakateleeli was my first exposure to Let's Play. I still think he is pretty good. He puts effort into his videos(editing, good video quality etc.), does games he knows, doesn't leap onto new game bandwagons and is pretty funny and informative. His solo series's tend to be informative runs aiming for 100% completion, and he does more casual/comedic game runthroughs with a co-commentator on alternate days. Some of his stuff I've not liked. His minecraft LP was an attempt at a storyline thing, and I just found it kind of mortifying to watch when it kicked in; and some of the longer LP's he has done get boring. If you feel like giving him a try, I'd recommend some of his shorter LP's where he is less prone to running out of game stuff to talk about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread