Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
Possibly that and the occasional vicious mauling of a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

I quite liked the shopping center scene. Zombies falling through the ceiling was awesome, and the makeup and CG effects look great this season. One thing that bugged me last season was how, whenever they stabbed a zombie in the head, it would freeze completely still (probably to make the digital compositing easier or something), but the effects are way more convincing now. There was a great shot where a zombie got blasted in the face a couple of times that looked really good, too.

Still, nothing beats the zombie rain.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

rivetz posted:

Also I think folks are totally overreaching on the dead-Millhouse stuff. Zombie somehow infected that pig, Millhouse got it from the pig somehow (betting we'll learn one or both somehow next episode), and now the water can't be trusted, one more reason they have to leave. I don't think the bloodshot eyes is anything beyond "hey here is a zombie with bloodshot eyes, [later] see this dude? His eyes are bloodshot because he's a zombie now

Nah man, bloodshot is different from "bleeding heavily from the eye sockets." It's clearly a symptom of the disease, that's why the did multiple closeups on that zombie's face.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

Is D gonna get sick from his new booze bottle?

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

It's bothering me that people are saying Carol was in the right. One of the basic, in this case unwritten, rules of living in a society is that you don't kill each other. If one person can unilaterally decide to end the lives of two others without even consulting anyone else, they have to go. It's not a thing that's okay. Especially when, despite her insistence that it was the pragmatic thing to do, she only did it because they were strangers to her. Would she have done that to Daryl?

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

I think the Governor cut off the girl's leg and fed her to the zombies, then kidnapped dislocated-shoulder-guy

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

Dr. Wright posted:

Why does it matter what exact series of events led to her death

I'd say it matters a little bit in this situation because they had an explicit plan for if anything went wrong. We're left wondering why the plan didn't work, but we aren't sure if we're supposed to be wondering that. The show didn't play it up as any kind of mystery, but the events are mysterious.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

Bread Set Jettison posted:

This was the Drive of the walking dead

Holy poo poo.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

There was nowhere near enough blood on that baby carrier to confirm it was killed. She definitely got picked up by someone.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

Alchenar posted:

No he's definitely saying "Are you fit to fight?"

Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

Oracle posted:

Why on earth would he take the baby out of the carseat, though? Those buckles are a pain in the rear end. Its so much faster to just scoop her up, seat and all, not to mention who's going to hold the baby on their lap Britney style while they drive off at a high rate of speed over bad roads. Also he wasn't all bloody or anything, so why was the carseat bloody?

Because the carseat was the one feeding rats to the walkers at the fence. It was right in front of us all along.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

Haggis Heed posted:

Officer John loving Cooper. I yelped

I can't wait.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

Didn't we hear them, like, torture someone to death in the living room in that scene?

Or maybe I misinterpreted that.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

That's the recipe TWD used for every episode for a long time. I hope they don't return to it, because it was the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

She really was a psycho.

• Locked thread