Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
DUCKS
THIS MONTH
DUCKS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Is it uh, supposed to end the way it did? I replayed it just to make sure it didnt actually crash or something but it did it twice so uh... :psyduck:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

something posted:

Is it uh, supposed to end the way it did? I replayed it just to make sure it didnt actually crash or something but it did it twice so uh... :psyduck:
Unless it ended with you seeing the release date and being directed to the store page - no.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Wasn't there already a previous thread for this? Or did it hit archives?
Whatever, the original mod is still one of my favourite experiments in games, and it's pulled off so great. Showed it to a lot of friends and they all loved it, and I'm surprised it wasn't as popular as I hoped for.
Now this demo was great, and I wish I had the spending money to buy the full version as soon as it's out.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
no it ended right in the middle of being in the room with just the "The end" signs. It cuts out midway through the narrator saying "This can't be right"

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Part of me wants to believe that there are secretly two versions of the demos floating around, one of which actually does end just like that. But it's more likely a problem of some sort.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Both times it didn't for example pop up and says stanley.exe is not responding or whatever. It outright closed itself.

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"
I still go back on occasion two years later to play the original, and I never hesitate to show it to friends (even people who aren't gamers) to show them what a great game it is. It's not just a great game, it's a great story and on top of that it delivers that story in such a fantastic way. Not only is the method excellently unique, but the delivery and execution is genius and pretty much perfect. I'm really excited for this, to say the least.

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
Oh cool someone made a thread! I did some work for the main game, it was a really fun experience and Cakebread (the writer) is kind of a genius. I hope you all enjoy The Stanley Parable as much as the demo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

JetGrind posted:

I asked on twitter and the dev I was talking to said they would announce the price in a week. It would be pretty cool if they did release it for free though!
It won't be free. The developers have had to take jobs they'd rather not have to fund development.

Dreadwroth posted:

And it looks loving amazing, is it still Source engine or did something get updated?
It's the Portal 2 version of Source (You might even notice they're using/adapting a bunch of Portal 2 artwork, if you have a careful eye)

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Oh god I am so excited for this game. The first game was such a mind gently caress it stuck with me for weeks. After seeing that demo I think the new version will be even better. I can't wait.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

I played the demo, it was fantastic and I am completely sold on everything. I really hope it won't be over $20, though.

Also, should I play the original version before I play this?

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
Excited for this, the Demo was great. I might get the original one as this was so good.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
Will the full version have customizable weapons?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

0lives posted:

I played the demo, it was fantastic and I am completely sold on everything. I really hope it won't be over $20, though.

Also, should I play the original version before I play this?
Developer said you shouldn't as it is a remake, expect more content of course.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I have to echo the praise for the demo. Even having played the original mod, I am entirely convinced to buy this at some point after release.

Leb posted:

Will the full version have customizable weapons?

The weapons come pre-customized, you can only customize the customizations.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:supaburn: somebody help me!!!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Well, that was one hell of a demo. I've never heard of the original game, but part of me wants to check it out now (although another part of me wants to wait to buy this version and not have anything ruined for me).

Edit:

zylche posted:

You just let that first part of me realize he was wrong. :)

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
Demo was horrible. Looking forward to full game. There is a 6% chance that I am not, as the game insists, a perv.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not on OSX :smith:

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

zylche posted:

Ah great, thanks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

Hi, I did something stupid while trying to set the resolution to 1920x1080 and now the game doesn't appear on my screen. I can hear sound effects, but my screen is blank. I don't know if this is some crazy part of the game. Reinstalling it doesn't help. The hell do I do?

If anyone else does this, it's a Source engine game so right-click > properties > set launch options and enter the following:

-w 1920 -h 1080

Where the values correspond to the resolution you want the game to run in.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I didn't think to keep spamming the EIGHT button until the Narrator said something about it.

First day purchase when it comes out. I was already interested when the Raphael video came up on Greenlight (having not played the original).

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Hm. It's okay, I'd give the demo an 8 out of 10.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZe9_LWlOtM

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
So today I have defeated the Akinator by trying to get Stanley. There's some things that you just don't know about him, like hair color or glasses or stuff like that (I guess he's male_07?), but he seems to be in the database.
gently caress you, Akinator!

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 11, 2013

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Did anyone else notice Gunpoint and what looked like Kentucky Route Zero in the "Great Demos" display.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

Did anyone else notice Gunpoint and what looked like Kentucky Route Zero in the "Great Demos" display.

Also Half Life, yeah.

And one other game which I recognized at the time but I can't remember now.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
The other game looked like Metal Gear Solid 2 to me.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

MGS2 specifically.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Looks like there was a 10MB update to the demo? Anyone seen any patch notes or changes?

edit: Someone pointed this out to me; try typing "facepunch" while playing the game.

Tecman fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 12, 2013

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

When was the update? I beat it tonight but didn't notice anything that wasn't talked about. Maybe it just fixes that crash people were talking about?

flatluigi posted:

It's the same achievement, it just re-locks. If you open the overlay right after getting it you can see it there. I wanted to put it in my showcase but that doesn't work. :(

You sure about that?

I just force-closed it with task manager after getting it. I guess you could also use SAM.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH1fA63YPE0

Here's another video of a customized demo.

edit: Oh wow, this one is a LOT more customized!

Tecman fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 12, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tecman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH1fA63YPE0

Here's another video of a customized demo.

edit: Oh wow, this one is a LOT more customized!

I love how the first minute and a half of this video is going to fly completely over the heads of your typical Adam Sessler show audience. :allears:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
The rev3games custom copy video is the best, especially for the apology moment, where Adam's response sounds like the deadpan of a character from a Tim Schafer game.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Tecman posted:

edit: Someone pointed this out to me; try typing "facepunch" while playing the game.
Here's a vid of it for those of us that uninstalled it already.

Edit: Oh, are those of the demo? I've been skipping them because I assumed they were early preview copies instead. I'll have to go check them out.

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 12, 2013

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Doom Goon posted:

Here's a vid of it for those of us that uninstalled it already.

Edit: Oh, are those of the demo? I've been skipping them because I assumed they were early preview copies instead. I'll have to go check them out.

And boy is it ever a demo... :stare:

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Wait, so did I get the achievement or not?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tecman posted:

Looks like there was a 10MB update to the demo? Anyone seen any patch notes or changes?

Looks like the devs made good on that promise they made on the Facepunch forums a year ago:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

tankadillo posted:

Wait, so did I get the achievement or not?

Yes, and then the demo took it away afterwards.

• Locked thread