Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Wait, so did I get the achievement or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Buried alive posted:

I dunno, being presented with a room full of buttons that are stated outright to be a simulation of choice when each button has the same result is getting pretty emperor's clothes-ey.

It's a metaphor for real life. Even though it seems like you have a choice when you press the "reply" button, you will still always get people making fun of your opinions.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I keep trying to find all of the computers with "input" screens, but at some point after I keep restarting they seem to stop spawning. I check the first two rooms and the secretary desk, but no input screens. Is it just random, and am I just unlucky?

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

flatluigi posted:

The last one is the one in your office.
Haha. Good job, tankadillo :downsbravo:

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

What's up with the computers "awaiting input"?

Give them some input and find out! After you click one, an new one will spawn next time you play. After clicking five then you get a secret ending.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I hope that in four years the devs patch in a bunch of extra content, just to gently caress with everyone trying to legitimately earn the "go outside" achievement :unsmigghh:

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Dragoon Knight posted:

Yeah, for anyone interested, it appears to be linked to loading your game. Or possibly starting your game. From what I can tell it's completely random. Here's what I did:

Do not read the next spoiler section if you don't want to know how to get this rear end-backwards achievement.

Alright then.

1: Start the game and click "Begin Game".
2: Press Escape, go to Extras, turn on Save Games.
3: Save the game.
4: Quit to menu.
5: Load your save game.
6: Run around for a bit (was about 10 seconds, I think).

I got the achievement after trying this about 15 or 20 times (repeat steps 4 to 6 as many times as you need to). From what I can gather, it may literally just be a random number generated every time you play the game. Unless Gran PC actually tells us, I don't think there's going to be any real explanation as to why this works. All I know is that it worked for me and therefore should work for everyone else.

Personally, I'm all for "cryptic achievements", but when they're SO obscure that you don't even know how you eventually got it, it cheapens the whole situation.

:psyduck: indeed.

I see this game took cues from EYE: Divine Cybermancy in regards to how it handles achievement unlocks.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

yaoi prophet posted:

Reading the negative reviews on Metacritic is pretty funny:

(I'm really curious how this last person managed to get either the 'spend an entire Tuesday playing it' or the 'don't play it for 5 years' achievements!)

I like negative reviews that qualify their opinions with "I unlocked everything and got all of the achievements." Why the hell did you invest so much time and effort into a game that you supposedly hated?

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I want him to do a Dota 2 announcer who berates me for being lovely at playing the game right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

This is clearly a big conspiracy. Obviously The narrator = the illuminati. The office = Area 51. The female narrator = the new world order. The adventure line = bitcoin. Your wife = Half Life 3

Now it all makes perfect sense.

tankadillo fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 22, 2013

• Locked thread