Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I really enjoyed the HL2 mod and had no idea they were working on a bigger project. I'm so in that I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Did you guys get the broom closet ending.

The broom closet ending is my favorite.

XD

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I am finding your comments concerning. And is the last bit the frustrated lines he make when you get Player 2 to enter the broom closet?

I've been playing with subtitles on and it shows up when the narrator gets all sarcastic.

There's a few other times where the tone of the narrator's voice changes the appearance of the subtitles. It's neat.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Noreaus posted:

My god. The demo made me believe this would be a quirky comedy, but (having played 'through' it a few times now) it has just left me unsettled and slightly depressed. I really enjoyed it. I just...I don't even...I feel like I need to spend more time outside now.

Yeah, the demo was definitely made to be humorous, but there was something really desolate and even despairing in the original HL2 mod. I'm glad that it's kept here too. There were a few places where things got unsettling.

I restarted the game once and the floor was just carpeted with scattered office papers. I liked that.

In the end, there is only a single note of hope in this game, a greater truth and majesty that can lift your spirit no matter how far it's descended into the dark.

I'm referring of course to the employee lounge.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

A cool thing happened right at the start of the game. A phone rang in one of the cubicles to the left once I left Stanley's office, and when I clicked on it a voice asked me to confirm the delivery of 1000 cardboard boxes to the office. I clicked again. Later I restarted the game and now the office is covered in stacks of cardboard boxes. Sadly it doesn't look like I can climb them to access some secret.

• Locked thread