Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I suppose I'm not quite at the point where I can afford to tie up two slots like that. I'm still collecting all my 4*s. Once a character hits max and I get a new cover for them I sell and then fill that spot with a new level 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Are any of these new 5*s worth getting?

For some reason I pulled all 30 of my LL tokens and was wondering if I should keep going with my CP.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

BUG JUG posted:

I suppose I'm not quite at the point where I can afford to tie up two slots like that. I'm still collecting all my 4*s. Once a character hits max and I get a new cover for them I sell and then fill that spot with a new level 1.

I used to do that, but then like loving clockwork, the 3* that I sold would be required for something stupid and I would feel like an idiot.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Are any of these new 5*s worth getting?

For some reason I pulled all 30 of my LL tokens and was wondering if I should keep going with my CP.

Not particularly. In this case at least, I'd save my CP for the occasional themed store that pulls from three five stars that you might actually be looking for covers from.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Yeah, they usually have a good banner around Christmas or New Year's of the either the most popular or "Best of 2020" varieties.

I decided to dig my heels in and work on Beta Ray Bill, since he'll work great with Polaris in particular. I just need like seven more covers, so I'll be looking forward to champing him in 2022 or so.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 12, 2020

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is it normal to use new healthpacks after every encounter with the R&G, Kitty, Crystalis or whatever her name is Trio in PvP?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
It depends on how picky you are choosing your opponents. I still have trauma from constantly running out of health packs during 2->3 star transition phase that I look for comps that are less likely to do damage to me over comps that are necessarily quicker. At this point at least 30 of these champs are perfectly viable and I usually have a huge stash of health packs from whatever vault I cleared last but every time I have to heal a champ it feel so wasteful.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I’m convinced Kitty Pride + Polaris is broken. There’s nothing unique about this shot, other than it’s even worse when it’s them + Old Man Logan because you end up with more strike tiles.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Maldraedior posted:

It depends on how picky you are choosing your opponents. I still have trauma from constantly running out of health packs during 2->3 star transition phase that I look for comps that are less likely to do damage to me over comps that are necessarily quicker. At this point at least 30 of these champs are perfectly viable and I usually have a huge stash of health packs from whatever vault I cleared last but every time I have to heal a champ it feel so wasteful.

Before I dropped the game, I mainly quit cause I leveled up my Silver Surfer and Thanos for easier PvEing, which utterly hosed me on PvP because I didn't think about how it would affect my matchups.

I do have Okoye at 3/4/3 now (soon to be 4/4/4 once Shuri gets like 6 more levels), but I've relied on the SS/Thanos/America Chavez team for so long that going up against people with actually champed 5*s and even more annoying Kitty/R&G matchups (since back when I quit Polaris wasn't a thing) has made PvP feel like even more of a slog.

I'm planning on champing Okoye and then getting switching my 5* favorite to Thor so I can get his Green maxed, and then I'll think about what other 5*s I want to work on, but for the time being I think I'll give up on PvP and focus on PvE.

On the plus side, I gave Okoye her support item and how it does a fuckton of work on her in PvE, like, wow.

Also, should I horde vault tokens or just use them immediately?

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Don't have a good Kitty Pride yet, but Polaris, R&G and Nico Minoru does pretty well as a substitute.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PvE team question since I’ve been out of the loop for a year.

I remember using Oko and Thor which was safe but Kitty and R&G seem so much faster.

Is the Oko Thor team that outclassed or am I missing someone?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Team Gritty's just plain fast and has been the whole time. Polaris just makes her even more nightmarish. I would have quit long ago had I not stumbled into a bunch of Kitty covers when I was fishing for someone else and then found out how good she was.

She's not invincible though. With just her and Rocket, she'll run out of momentum with a few bad enemy matches removing the Strike tiles, and she doesn't have a mountain of HP. However, Polaris removes the threat of the first problem, and from what I've been doing lately, Beta Ray Bill removes the second. So far, I've been able to reliably take down the scary green L10 nodes with the Kitty/Polaris/BRB (5 covers on him) combo. I have no idea how any of this affects PVP though; I never really do it. I would assume if you're up against her, remove enemy tiles ASAP and she's stuck in neutral, and Polaris can keep her from removing all of your own tiles by generating a constant stream of new ones.

If you don't have Kitty up to spec, yeah, Polaris/Rocket/Nico should get you most of the way there.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 17, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sesq posted:

Team Gritty's just plain fast and has been the whole time. Polaris just makes her even more nightmarish. I would have quit long ago had I not stumbled into a bunch of Kitty covers when I was fishing for someone else and then found out how good she was.

She's not invincible though. With just her and Rocket, she'll run out of momentum with a few bad enemy matches removing the Strike tiles, and she doesn't have a mountain of HP. However, Polaris removes the threat of the first problem, and from what I've been doing lately, Beta Ray Bill removes the second. So far, I've been able to reliably take down the scary green L10 nodes with the Kitty/Polaris/BRB (5 covers on him) combo. I have no idea how any of this affects PVP though; I never really do it. I would assume if you're up against her, remove enemy tiles ASAP and she's stuck in neutral, and Polaris can keep her from removing all of your own tiles by generating a constant stream of new ones.

If you don't have Kitty up to spec, yeah, Polaris/Rocket/Nico should get you most of the way there.

Yeah I think I’m really missing the BRB or Polaris part of the combo.

I’ve been using Oko but eh.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I think I’m really missing the BRB or Polaris part of the combo.

I’ve been using Oko but eh.
I don’t really do PVP anymore, but I’ve seen some Okoye & Immortal Hulk combos that are a pain. IH has an ability that automatically damages the enemy team each turn, so it stacks well with Okoye. Can’t remember who the preferred 3rd is for that team.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Game got a lot more playable after I decided to lower my PvE and PvP event difficulties, so I think I'm at a decent place right now. Okoye might be getting champ'd early next year if my luck holds. Then I guess I'll switch my favorites to 5* Thor and Valk so I can get more Thor Greens.

Also, what's the consensus on (non-spicy) Taco tokens? Hold or toss them in immediately?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
If you always use taco tokens immediately you've got like a 5% chance in getting something good with each pull, whereas if you hoard them until you get 300 you're guaranteed to get what you want eventually. I intend to save mine for when Taskmaster is in the vault since his covers are so rare.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I maxed Taskmaster before I went on a break.

Also, why is Taskmaster's Sword so coveted?

People on the D3 forums keep talking about it.

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think I maxed Taskmaster before I went on a break.

Also, why is Taskmaster's Sword so coveted?

People on the D3 forums keep talking about it.

It adds bonus damage against heroes, it’s useful for amping up match damage in clash of the Titans when it features an underlevelled or weaker character

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally got my first (and last) champed 5*.

Congrats Okoye, I'm glad you remained strong in the 1 year it took before I came back from my hiatus. And that I somehow had your support item.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Another alliance event happening. Time for me to see if Polaris will be just as effective against Hydro-Man/Molten-Man as she is against any of the other bosses.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Going from 3 covers in 5* Thor's Green to 4 covers has drastically made C10 easier to handle.

Cant' wait to see how even easier it'll be once he hits 5 covers!

Then I can start hoarding CP and Legendary Tokens cause I dunno who my next 5* will be.

Probably Deadpool for the Spicy Tacos and cause his passive seems doubly useful for Okoye.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Going from 3 covers in 5* Thor's Green to 4 covers has drastically made C10 easier to handle.

Cant' wait to see how even easier it'll be once he hits 5 covers!

Then I can start hoarding CP and Legendary Tokens cause I dunno who my next 5* will be.

Probably Deadpool for the Spicy Tacos and cause his passive seems doubly useful for Okoye.

I just champed 5* Thor today, then cashed in a couple of extra tokens of his I had saved up. 9 red to do 12780 damage (plus 696 per special tile), 12 green to do 13329 damage to the enemy team. :stare:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bob Socko posted:

I just champed 5* Thor today, then cashed in a couple of extra tokens of his I had saved up. 9 red to do 12780 damage (plus 696 per special tile), 12 green to do 13329 damage to the enemy team. :stare:

Him paired with Oko is the only thing that keeps me playing this dumb game.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Still pissed that I haven't gotten an Okoye card in what feels like years. I loved running her when she was one of my best, but I still only have two of her three powers unlocked.

My heavy hitters are Apocalypse and Onslaught, although GR Deadpool is coming up.

I have thankfully gotten enough Polaris that I can run Po/3* Carn/Medusa to win versus matchups vaguely regularly. Still never gotten Jessica Jones' goddamn blue power, either, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bob Socko posted:

I'm afraid of champing Thor cause I read you need him to be like 13 levels under Okoye so Okoye can keep tanking for him. So I'm just getting him to 5/2/3 and calling it quits there for the time being.

Also cause getting Thor down to half health is annoying, even with Thanos to knock his health down on DPD / first three low-level nodes on events.

Anyways I'm working on Immortal Hulk as my next 5* Favorite now because I'm a meta slave. Thor can just wait for Valkyrie to get 3 more cover's worth of 4* points.

MarcusSA posted:

Him paired with Oko is the only thing that keeps me playing this dumb game.

Also this, I would have requit the game if I hadn't been handed a ton of Okoye shards right after picking the game back up.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I was just able to get Thanos champed as my first 5* and I wish I didn't because now all I see is 5* line-ups in PVP.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

LorneReams posted:

I was just able to get Thanos champed as my first 5* and I wish I didn't because now all I see is 5* line-ups in PVP.

This is the hell I’ve been stuck in. Got 5* Thanos up to 12 covers back when there was only a handful of 5*s. Started playing PVP events again for the first time in years and it’s all Kitty/G&R/Polaris teams as far as the eye can see. I have to refresh 10-15 times before I see anything else, and it’s usually worse.

Apparently the way you dig yourself out of that hole is to save up 350-400 latest legends pulls, wait for three good 5*s on the banner, and burn them all to champ all three 5*s in one go.

I think I’m up to uh... 20?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I’ve been cheesing with Vulture, but it’s boring.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Apparently the way you dig yourself out of that hole is to save up 350-400 latest legends pulls, wait for three good 5*s on the banner, and burn them all to champ all three 5*s in one go.

I think I’m up to uh... 20?

Yeah it’s this. That’s how I made the transition into 5 land and now I’ve got like 23 of the dudes champed but I only use 4 lol.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Once I got my first 5* champed, I took one look at PVP, noped on out of there, and never went back. I can probably do better these days, but I'm not seeing a compelling reason to bother. I've got most 4*s max covered, and I'm not currently in the mood to grind out the required wins/points for more, and unless I'm missing something, I'm not seeing opportunities for 5*s other than the scraps you get for placing high, which I will never be able to do.

If I did, I would be one of those Kitty/Grocket/Polaris pieces of poo poo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was in the same home, I didn't champ a 5* but had Thanos and Silver Surfer at like 400, and that hosed up my matchups so bad I stopped playing PvP for a good while and left the game for a year,

Now I have a Champed Okoye and everything feels so much better.

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just started playing, planning on playing this quite a bit. I'm assuming there isn't a spot in the goon guild open, so should I just wait for a spot to open or just join a pubbie guild?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Heads up for my fellow super casuals, Sinister Six event starts today

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Pizza dog has a slot free and someone who hasn’t played in 5 months

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Maldraedior posted:

Heads up for my fellow super casuals, Sinister Six event starts today

Thanks for the heads up.

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

LorneReams posted:

Thanks, just attempted to join up. In game name OJ27. Says pending.

Strange Physics
Nov 4, 2010

LorneReams posted:

Just applied, in game name as the same as here.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
What the everliving gently caress is this?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Yeah I have to stare at the screen for at least 15 seconds to do a single move, I can barely tell the difference between tiles now. Hopefully they change it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Out of morbid curiosity I checked the subreddit and the top twelve threads on the front page are all complaints about the headache-inducing mess that is the new game board.

The official forums are wall to wall outrage too although the mods are aggressive deleting posts/shovelling them into a containment thread.

They made MPQ look like a cheap knockoff of itself. I can’t imagine how this could be allowed to go live in its current state. It’s making significant portions of the playerbase physically ill to play.