Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Crosscontaminant posted:

Mega Manectric is still Electric-type and has Intimidate.

oh my goooooddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Game Freak made aurorus lovely on purpose because its competition is fuckin T Rex. Seriously how can you not pick the T rex pokemon you've been wanting one since you were 8

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

SO what nature should I get on froakie

I was thinking prolly timid or modest

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Eleeleth posted:

It's attack is higher than it's Sp. Attack, isn't it?

uh I thought he was Speed/Special but now Im not so sure and theres no pokedex updated to look it up? Someone help a frog brother out????

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

E-Shop just erased my CC info, whataver I didn't wanna play tonight anyway

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

DrManiac posted:

Is Goomy supposed to be rare or something? I got one on my first encounter on route 14 and accidentally killed it and haven't seen one since :smith:

[e] I think the one thing pokemon games keep getting worse at is rivals. Most of the crew in this game don't even want to fight, and rival girl sucks rear end at pokemon battling (you seriously still only have 3 mon's what the hell are you doing). The rivals in the last games roughly kept up with you and it felt like they were training.

Yeah the rivals this game loving blow. I haven't even fought them once (not counting that double battle with fat kid and short kid) and Im almost at the 3rd gym. In fact the whole posse sucks, just give me one dude on the level of blue and I'll be happy

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Oh my loving god, the electric gym literally has an "ITS PIKACHU" quiz

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

So I heard you unlock additional haircuts by getting a shitload of haircuts. How many exactly? Is there a conversation the stylist has to let you know you're getting close? I blew like 25 grand on haircuts earlier and got nothin'. Or is this all bullshit?

Playing dress up is my favorite part of video games

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

PonchAxis posted:

So are there any unlockable hair styles for dudes in this game?

Theres at least one. Medium Perm. I got it after I unlocked the super boutique.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

I wanna punch whoever thought of the rapid fire super training trait in the dick. My dragalge can't beat the first level of special defense training in time while my tyrantrum wrecks every level of everything in mere seconds.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

myron cope posted:

Use Tyrantrum to grind for Sp. Def bags? It's not optimal but at least you'll be able to train Dragalge

Well yeah thats what im doing, buts its slower and stupid I cant just train dragalge directly.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

That wasn't the one that bothered me :sweatdrop:

Fire/Water and Ghost/Psychic are pretty ridiculous.

Both of them are sort of opposites in the weakness chart, so you get things like a psychic ghost who is quadruple weak to ghost and dark, and a flaming fish who takes 1/4 damage from 3 types and is effectively a super-tough fire type who is also weak to electric.

not seein' the problem here, there are tons of unused, cool typings.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Countblanc posted:

A heroic, shonen scarf would be rad

Pangoro is dark type, hes no friend of justice

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Finally hatched a shiny Charmander! In a luxury ball! With very good IV's! And Solar Powered! And an ID number of 42069!

This is the best day of my Pokemon Y career :allears:

jesus christ a buy a lottery ticket or something

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I dunno if people in regions other than Kalos ever used Pokemon for warfare, on another note :iiam:

Electric types saved my life back in the war!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Solartide posted:

Maybe I'm playing the game wrong, but I ended up taking my starter Greninja to the Elite Four with these moves:

Surf
Waterfall
Cut
Strength

I don't know, Greninja just didn't impress me in the game.

are you literally 9

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Who gives a gently caress about sceptile and mudkip, call me when typhlosion and feraligatr can go even further beyond

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

qnqnx posted:

I'm sorry, but Typhlosion is the absolute worst starter, only likeable by little kids and furries. :colbert:
And if it does get a Mega, I'd bet it will do the exact same as Charizard's megas, just to keep the same stats thing going.

1. Meganium exists

2. Typhlosion is a honey badger with a flaming collar, sorry for your bad taste

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

In my professional opinion Golurk is cool as gently caress

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

Wait, wouldn't this be the exact place to have the discussion? A thread dedicated to Pokemon about Pokemon?

Hes saying stop being a loving a weeaboo who whines about subs vs dubs

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Zoness posted:

Except Blaziken and Swampert are awesome and there's nothing redeeming about Meganium, Typhlosion, or Feraligatr.

Typhlosion and Feraligatr are two of the best starters ever though?????

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Slurpuff is hardcore

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67975183

do not underestimate the silly pink thing

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-68219855

Holy poo poo, just had a 70 turn match where avalugg and rear end in a top hat tree pulled my rear end out a failed slurpuff sweep. I don't care which tier smogon puts them in, these guys are OU in my heart

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Like what? I've never done competitive before, so critique would be appreciated.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

JesustheDarkLord posted:

The worst things I saw were bad/missed predictions. There were a few times you left a pokemon in (presumably expecting the switch) and hit him with something not really worth it, and a few where you hit his switch-in with something non-effective. The latter were in situations where had had made the switch before (such as bringing in Scizor/Conkeldurr on your Avalugg).

The problem I run into in those situations is not having a good answer for the switch, but it's best to go ahead and bring your predicted response in rather than waste a move. Against a good opponent, you have to figure out how many switches ahead to go.

Oh yeah, i definitely messed up some switches. But I mean, thats just guessing, not a lot I can do right? (other than just don't guess wrong )

LAY-ZX posted:

Neither of you were predicting obvious switches and somewhere around the fifth time you hit a switched-in Scizor for like five damage I wanted to cry.

I had nothing effective against scizor, goodra had my fire

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

LAY-ZX posted:

Mostly I think I just couldn't figure out why Gogoat didn't have Earthquake. It would have at least done SOME damage. What's his moveset?

He did. I didn't keep him in against scizor cause scizor loving wrecks him. Mine is specially defensive with milk drink/horn leech/EQ/ bulk up. Without a bunch of bulks hes loving dead against a physical threat like scizor

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

I heartily approve of FLCL ost team

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Bulking season scrafty is maybe the best pokemon ever

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-71311903

Also amoongus is surprisingly useful. Decent bulk and good support options

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

No seriously, amoongus is pretty cool

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-71321059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

The nerf to steel really blows, idg why they removed two of its best resistances. Maybe they thought a super effective against fairy was enough to make up for it or something stupid. Either way, if anyone needs a sick mega its metagross. If he just got a good ability :smith:

• Locked thread