Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Crosscontaminant posted:

THE SKY IS FALLING.

Even if that is whst you want it to be, Flareon will always be a slow, frail, useless piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

E3 Keynote posted:

Did you upgrade your dumb mega bracelet thing? Also apparently it's time dependant. 8-9 PM.
That's an oddly specific condition.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Let the Flareon users have their moment in the sun.

Vaporeon supremacy :smug:
I dislike eeveolutions in general, but good job on picking the least baf one.
gently caress Vaporeon under rain

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Crosscontaminant posted:

Houndoom is another cross-pollination Mega Evolution - it's X-exclusive but Houndoominite is only found in Y.

Guess they threw it a bone, and it ended enveloping it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Crosscontaminant posted:

Mega Manectric is still Electric-type and has Intimidate.

I'm not even sure if it is going to topple to the sides or hunch forward.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Speaking of Manectric, has someone found out yet what happens when a Mega evolved pokemon uses moves like Trick/Switcheroo? I'm pretty much sure that various other megas also have access to those.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Actually some might. Since the initial release we've known the mega-forms give access to new moves some times (Mega Kangaskahn gets Power-Up Punch for example.)

Are you sure it can only get it while mega?
Also, that's going to be a nice one to use while mega.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

^^^Chainsaw clamps!

Mega bug of the year, all years.

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 11, 2013

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

quote:

Sound-based moves ignore Substitute

Too bad most (all?) sound based moves are normal and thus thrash outside of STAB. And Exploud is pretty bad as well.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pyroi posted:

Why can't they use their hacking abilities for good, rather than evil? Will they never learn to rip the game apart before hacking in pokemon?

As long the resulting hacked mon is completely feasible/legal, I wouldn't call it evil.
That means waiting until December, although is way too much waiting.

Also, what is said above about encripted game content, I would be both surprised and not that GTS data were not encripted.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Who gives a gently caress about sceptile and mudkip, call me when typhlosion and feraligatr can go even further beyond

I'm sorry, but Typhlosion is the absolute worst starter, only likeable by little kids and furries. :colbert:
And if it does get a Mega, I'd bet it will do the exact same as Charizard's megas, just to keep the same stats thing going.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FauxGateau posted:

Jesus man, first Farfetch'd and now this? What Meganium gets a pass though?

Meganioum does get a pass by having a design more interesting than being a badger on fire. Also decent-ish user of Light Screen+Reflect, I loving love double screen offense, although I haven't tried if it can work well in battle in X/Y.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Probably it willg et that back next time move tutors are in. Not like it would really help, it would only provide coverage against Dragons and nothing else, Dragon moves without STAB aren't very good.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Haven't played competitively (actually not at all) since over a year and a half ago and planning to hit Showdown while gen 6 is still fresh but not too new. Did it end becoming an ultraoffensive mess or are thing like dual screen offense still viable?

horriblePencilist posted:

New Shinies. Vullaby took me a while, but Sneasel followed right after.

I'm kinda sour that I can't really use Vullaby. Foul Play is a tutor move only and Roost is an egg move. Same with Sneasel, a lot of attacks aren't accessible.

This is why isn't really worth it doing things for older pokemon in a new generation in the first pair of games without transferring from an older gen.
I still wonder why no pokebank until December, as well

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

horriblePencilist posted:

What do you mean, end becoming? Was it ever not a terrible reign of stage hazards and fast sweepers? But yeah, you can totally pull off support characters. A lot of people underestimate how bulky some Mons can get, and if you have a bulky dual screener like Audino, it's easy to stay alive unless you run facefirst into an SE attack.

As for the second thing, I haven't played Pokemon since Leaf Green, so I don't really have the resources of the older games available. I'm sure X and Y will get a move tutor in one way or another, but should it not come to that (which would suck and be a huge blow to folks like me), I'd probably ask someone trustworthy to transfer my mons, move them to B/W and move tutor them up. You'd do that for me, right?
Right? :ohdear:

Mostly my own predictions after seeing the latest changes in this new gen, and trending from gen 5 being considerably more easy for all out offensive teams.
Never actually tried Audino for screening, I favored Bronzong and Claydol gor that.

The Leper Colon V posted:

X/Y is actually really lacking in Move Tutors. The only moves tutorable right now are the Pledge moves, the typed Hyper Beams, and Draco Meteor. I'm sure that's something else they're holding onto until Z.

That's what they usually do, yeah.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

WrightOfWay posted:

Klefki has priority dual screens and fantastic typing. Only decent bulk and no recovery can be a problem if you want something that can set up screens multiple times per game, though.

Recovery would have been nice but Bronzong didn't have it either, don't remember if Claydol does but I didn't use it.
It's mostly for setting then up once and then be able to set up a sweeper with more ease.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Volcanion better get Autotomize or something similar because it isn't going to really go anywhere with that speed, and the defenses are just enough to take a hit.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

dude789 posted:

There are counters to evasion. I think we discussed this a bit earlier in the topic but aside from Haze, there's the never miss attacks, pokemon with No Guard or Unaware and a few others. The sixth gen also brings a couple new counters to Evasion in the changes to Roar/Whirlwind and perfect accuracy toxic from poison types along with Defog which more people are running now. There may be more counters to paraflinch, but it takes much less time to set up which I think evens them out by a whole lot. If the Togekiss or Jirachi sets up the paralysis the other pokemon immediately has a .3 chance to act. Whereas even when Evasion is maxed it's a .33 chance to hit and that takes at least 3 turns to max out.

Evasion itself isn't the problem, evasion tanks are. Something that not only can take a hit (or a lot of hits), but also straight out ignore most attacks and shrug off most if not all always hit moves and it gets very annoying very fast if not ready for it, and then probably with most teams running evasion plus anti evasion and it just stops being fun.
You have a point on that there are more ways to counter evasion now, maybe it will get unbanned in the future if gets less and less viable.

Also doesn't blissey get minimize?

Rangpur posted:

I say this both as a man who regularly has to fight his friend's Contrary Shuckle, and who spent 10 minutes stalling with a Gliscor until the opponent's Carbink struggled itself to death. (The secret is Baton Pass--even if it fails, it's still 40 turns worth of valid moves. :v: )
Reminds me of a gen 4 battle long ago where a friend challenged me with an ubers team while I had loaded an uu team in a sim. Forgot the specific of it , apart that he had four kinds of arceus and it ended in the 100+ turns when his deoxys-D finally struggled itself to death while I kept switching between a tangrowth and an uxie letting them both get toxiced by the deoxys and then aromatherapy it away.

Maybe I still have that log.

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 20, 2013

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Stalgren posted:

Pissed off a smogon nerd? Well now that shits banned!

Having to forfeit or waiting for the other to forfeit or make an error would piss off anyone.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zuzie posted:

Has Flareon become decent now that it has access to Flare Blitz or is it still terrible? What moveset is best for it?

Also, I feel like training a Mr.Mime of all things, has anything changed now that it's part fairy?

Still terrible because of bad speed, and bad HP to boot so it can't use Flare Blitz many times.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Amperor posted:

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites

That line always struck to me as the kind of stuff an angry teen would say after losing in an online game.
"Good pokemons are op, pls nerf"

Geostomp posted:

There's no "might" about it. Ice/Rock is the absolute worst defensive typing possible (for the record, Fairy/Steel is the best). Unfortunately, in-keeping with Gamefreak's usual "opposite" approach to mutually exclusive pokemon, Aurorus was forced into the role of a slow, pseudo special sponge to contrast Tyrantrum being a physical destroyer (not that he's all that great at that, but still). Which means that great potential for attacking and ability is almost completely wasted on the frozen sauropod.

Gamefreak really needs somebody who thinks less about being cute or "thematic" and more about how things actually function in game.

Gamefreak approach to competitive is making GBS threads out a bunch of pokemons and see which ones stick, then tell you to play doubles because totally everyone likes doubles and why would you play anything else but doubles.

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 8, 2014

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Secret bases matter poo poo just like Amie added loving nothing, now an official simulator would be the real deal.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Amie added plenty. Head It was fun.

Tamagotchis were bad and they still are, no matter what form they take. Thankfully the only mon that requires amie sucks poo poo and is part of a family that sucks poo poo as well.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Did you know that you can actually battle on the game you bought and not just in simulators on the internet?

Simulators do the battling better, thats out of the question.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The trick is, amie is not fun, breedung is not fun, grinding is not fun at all unless youre a mental defective.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Actually, mine is unironically better.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

JordanKai posted:

So what you're saying is people with mental problems have more fun than you?

I value not being retarded more than having fun, thank you.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I can agree with Amie but you leave Secret bases right the gently caress out of this

You know which other "features" were completely useless and I'm glad they're gone? Contests, musicals and following pokemon.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

What's the matter, don't like being reminded that you like glorified tamagotchis and your taste is crap?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

Okay, now I know you're trolling. Contests rocked, secret bases were rad, and following Pokemon is objectively unhateable (musicals sucked, though).

Rudoku posted:

No one liked musicals. That's why they're thrown in a corner in BW 2. But Contests are coming back hard.

Anything that is not actually battling is irrelevant, and having sentimental feelings for a piece of code and a graphic is retarded.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Man I don't even post in this thread, but shut up and :getout:.

You guys are in dire need of a reality check and I'm here to provide it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Stalgren posted:

Yeah agreed.

Just give me my spinoff pokemon virtual pet game!

Pretty sure this guy is trolling, he is fitting the competitive sperglord stereotype TOO perfectly.

Competitive pokemon is the best way to pokemon, but you're too goddamn retarded to ever realize it. I sincerely hope you choke with one of your plushies.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

JordanKai posted:

I'm loving your new avatar dude. The pink text is a great touch! :3:

Is clearly some shade of violet, you might want to check your eyes.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

I agree Stalgren's bad but you are worse. Think about this. You managed to be worse than Stalgren

Nah, at least I don't post inane pictures when thre thread gets too competitive for his preschooler tastes.

Emalde posted:

You are obviously pretty terrible at competitive pokemon as well if you think Sylveon isn't one of the better pokemon in the game.
Eeveolutions are bad in every aspect, competitive and not. Sylveon has nothing special either.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

razorrozar posted:

The best way to play any game is whatever way you, personally, have the most fun with. The purpose behind gaming is to enjoy yourself the way you like, not the way an rear end in a top hat on the Internet insists is best.
I'm sorry you're unable to comprehend objectivity, like in things being objectively fun or not fun.

Red Suit posted:

What the hell caused you to grow such a massive cock in your rear end?
Things don't grow in asses, have you failed biology?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

razorrozar posted:

I was always a fan of Typhlosion and Blaziken. I like badass fire types.

Typhlosion is neither badass, nor good and no one that likes it has ever been a rational being.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

razorrozar posted:

Maybe there are other reasons to like a Pokemon besides how well it can beat things up? Just a thought.

And I completely soloed Silver with my Typhlosion.

Plenty to dislike, like the uninspired design and having the exact same stats as Charizard with a worse movepool.
And you speak like the single player mattered at any point in time.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Opinion discarded, get your rear end back to Tumblr.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

razorrozar posted:

I will if you go back to 4chan.

Other than Fire-types my favorite Pokemon is probably Spheal. It's just so goddamn :3:

Too late, I already ingrained here.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

fade5 posted:

What the everloving gently caress? Seriously, Stealth Rock forever bending the Metagame to its will is okay, but changing up your team a bit to beat Baton Pass by running Haze/Whirlwind/Dragon Tail or Perish Song, or priority, or Ghost-Curse, or anything else that fucks up Baton Pass is unacceptable? I could see the "limit to three Baton Passers" even if I disagreed with it, but this is just flat-out saying "we don't want to change to deal with Baton Pass, so we're banning it".
On the other hand curbing down on those dumb "baton pass until you get lucky and have all the boosts in one mon" (which more often than not are full eeveolution teams) is a-ok to me.
It's also not a complete ban on baton pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

dude789 posted:

This is false. While Espeon, Vaporeon, and Sylveon are important to BP teams, Scolipede is the main reason that they've become so powerful this generation and is crucial to their success.

I forgot that it gets Speed Boost now.

• Locked thread