Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sprite141 posted:

That bites, but I'm hoping for some way to get the opposite megastones without having to trade mine away. May have to wait for someone to gameshark them in though.

I'm pretty sure there will be some cool goons that will give their's away without wanting the opposite stone in return.

Crosscontaminant posted:

Mega Manectric is still Electric-type and has Intimidate.

It looks so sad about its' mega evolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

Really? If you only get one, why? That's just a sucker move.

I mean I guess if you just really hate that pokemon or something. :confused:

I mean it's still bad to only give one per file, but I don't plan on using a lot of the megas and the ones I want to use aren't version exclusive so I might as well give mine away since they won't be any use to me. v:shobon:v

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wonder Trade is incredible, my team is going to be nothing but traded guys and I haven't even left the beginning forest. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are Tiny Mushrooms used for anything or can I just go on and sell them?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"I'm sorry. There's a blackout. You can't go any farther until it's fixed."

I see other people walking behind you, let me through you jerk. :argh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How common are everstones? I need to know if I can expect disappointment when getting a trade evolution Pokemon in Wonder Trade.

horriblePencilist posted:

I just read you can only breed one shiny pokemon per game. Is that correct?

Where did you read this? Unless Gamefreak changed something that is incorrect.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 13, 2013

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PonchAxis posted:

Where is the clothing store that is not the fanciest/stylish in Not France?

They sell clothes in the second gym town, got a nice green jacket there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hate horde battles, but drat, it is really satisfying knocking out 5 Pokemon at once especially if it is a bunch Roggenrola.

My mold breaker Pancham definitely earned a permanent spot on the team along with the fabulous mega Ampharos. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

Goodra learns Outrage naturally, Greninja gets Night Slash as well. No special Dark moves, though. :sigh:

Can Greninja learn Dark Pulse? Actually is Dark Pulse still a TM?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I know it has been said before, but these rival fights are terrible.

"I'm getting tired of losing to you."

Maybe you would have better chance if you used more than 3 Pokemon. :argh: I really hope she gets a full team before this is all over.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mightygerm posted:

Google isn't helping me on this, but is there a battle frontier in this game. Any information on it if so?

From what I read there isn't a battle frontier, just the standard fight 7 people in a row battle tower called the battle mansion.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does anyone know where you can change Rotom's form? Google is giving me nothing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Boomstick Quaid posted:

it's on the second floor of the lab in lumiose.

Thank you, now I can pet possessed appliances in Pokemon-Amie.

Zurai posted:

Wait, where do you get Rotom?

I found mine hiding in one of green trash bins in the Lost Hotel, look for the ones that are shaking.

Edit: Rotom can participate in sky battles :getin:

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 15, 2013

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Revol posted:

Why? There are no Audinos here, right?

There are, don't know where though. Also someone posted earlier when you get to duchess rank in Battle Chateau you can fight people that three Audinos.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone challenged me to a battle and is there some online etiquette to this? The guy that challenged me only picked 3 Pokemon, while I picked my whole team and I felt bad until his Mewtwo destroyed everybody.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

Serebii says you have to go to the 2nd floor of Sycamore's Lab.

To add on to this check the boxes at the bottom of the room.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DOOMocrat posted:

There aren't many. Haunters are in the spooky looking woods, Gothelle's are in the Pokemon Village before the 8th badge. Espurr is the psychic du jour this gen, it looks like. Pretty sure you can find Siglyph's pretty early on as well.

In addition to this you can find Goletts on the same route as Siglyph, Honedge on Route 6, there are Solosis in the cave with all the mirrors before the third gym, and Ralts and Abra, but I can't remember where you find them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Artix posted:

So I beat the game last night and I've started breeding up some mons. How the hell are you supposed to catch up a bunch of L1 monsters in the postgame? There isn't an entire half of the map to explore like in B/W, and it's not like there's a L70 Audino outside of PokeVersailles for me to beat up on over and over. Is it really just "Go the Unknown Cave and/or Elite Four and grind like a motherfucker"?

In addition to what everyone said, there's an Exp. O-power and you can use them on yourself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also throwing my Friend Code out there

2019-9674-8794

I have no idea what my friend safari has, so if someone could tell me that would be cool.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dehry posted:

I'm really starting to think they're hiding something else in game. The guy saying you'll visit his region in due time, the official X&Y pokedex book having 800 pages yet only ~720 Pokemon in the region, the second set of train tracks, and the fact that the guide really doesn't say anything about the post game leads me to believe there is something more.

E: oh yeah, don't buy the guide, it covers through the elite four and then abruptly ends with a TM list and item list.

Not gonna lie if there's nothing hidden in the game I hope they go the DLC route. Having access to the inevitable 3rd game content without having to start over would be nice.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pokemon Amie really turns the main game's adorableness up to the max. I send out my murderbear to fight Zygarde and the game tells me he is remembering the first time we met. :3:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LAY-ZX posted:

My Blaziken has maximum speed EVs and its nature doesn't hinder it, it wasn't paralyzed the Bibarel used Surf, it was not scarfed because it used a different attack after KOing Blaziken, and it didn't have Moody. I spent ten minutes frantically searching for how it could have possibly done that and turned up nothing.

Quick claw, maybe?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Desperate Character posted:

What city is that woman who gives you a different TM for answering her quiz (not the one in the pokecenter)?

Courmaline City, the fourth gym city.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Schubalts posted:

Why do I keep finding clothes I haven't seen before?! First that top, and just now I found mid-calf leggings in a shop. :psyduck: At least I can look like a rollergirl now.

Boutiques change out the clothes they sell everyday.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fried Chicken posted:

Has anyone written up a guide for super training like how Ogen did for Pokemon Amie? Like what the purple sparks mean, the red goals, the yellow goals, timing for your high powered shots, what pattern to dodge in to miss the soccer balls, etc? Like an optimized time path to boost a stat?

I'm slogging though it by spam tapping the screen, but I'd rather have a better idea what I'm doing.

Also, has anyone found the EV reducing berries yet? I finally got some reset bags, but I'd rather target my mistrained Gible than do all of attack and most of speed over again

I found pomeg berries by cross breeding the restores hp, but may confuse berries and I have feeling that is the only way to get them for now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bruceski posted:

Aside from "we're going with a land vs sea theme so we need 50 bajillion water pokemon" was there anything really bad about Gen 3?

Pre-emerald the post game was pretty poor. There was Rayquaza, Lati@s, and the battle tower, similar to X and Y now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Red Herring posted:

So I found a Ralts and levelled it up, but it's now in the 40s and hasn't learnt any fairy moves. Does it learn any?

It can remember moonblast.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wallet Inspector posted:

Man Paras is a lovely shiny :( .

I really don't get why Gamefreak makes shiny Pokemon that look similar to the originals, I would prefer clown colors.

Guess which one is the shiny!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Momomo posted:

Hey, getting a Shiny Gible for all your hard work in BW2 was the greatest troll ever.

This is hilarious, Still need to play BW2.

Also I spent some time in the glittering cave and uh...

(Not included 3 Omanyte, 2 Archens and Titougas, a Cranidos, Shieldon, and Aerodactyl.)

Are fossils supposed to be this common in the post game? Regardless I hope those people I traded with on Wonder Trade are happy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Aurain posted:

Also this, punching Ice isn't going to end well for you and Ice is made of water, it makes no sense for Water to do regular damage to it.

Try telling this to The Karate Kid :colbert:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

noirstronaut posted:

I'm having the most difficult time ever. Can someone link me to the trading thread?

Here you go:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574421

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Son of Isaac posted:

Where do you find Leftovers?

The same route you get Lapras and the Skiddo ranch, you need to cut.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I have this adamant Murkrow with super luck. Can I use him competitively or is he useless without his hidden ability, moxie?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zoran posted:

Murkrow's hidden ability is Prankster, and yes, he's pretty terrible even in NU without it. Honchkrow has Moxie, which makes him actually pretty good. Once again, he's lackluster without it.

That's disappointing, into to the computer he goes then. Thank you!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone help me, I'm reading articles on Smogon, trying to build a competitive team for the time and I'm getting confused, mostly over tiers. Some of the Pokemon I want to use are in different tiers, can I use them together or do I need to find Pokemon that are in the same tier?

Actually how does everyone pick their mons? Do you follow the tier list or do you use your favorites?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nibble posted:

If you follow the tier battling thing strictly, you'd only be able to use a team in the highest tier of any individual pokemon in it. So if you've got 5 RU pokes and one OU, that would be considered an OU team. Basically you can use something from a lower tier in a higher tier battle if you want, but never something from a higher tier in a lower tier battle.

Thank you very much this definitely makes things much easier and clears up a lot of confusion.

Edit:

Desperate Character posted:

Manipulating Hordes to your advantage!

This is great, I never thought of using trick-or-treat this way.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 21, 2013

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Don't worry about tiers. Just use what you want on your team. Tiers are only used in strictly regulated battles, and those are the ones that aren't fun. You can battle whoever you want whenever you want, so you won't have a shortage of opponents.

Plus, using mixed tiers has the added benefit of making insufferable competitive manchildren lose their poo poo. :v:

Actually if I'm reading the tier list right most of the Pokemon I want to use are considered good. :v:

Edit: I want a defensive fairy on my team which one is better, Klefki or Carbink? Also what would be a good nature for either of them?

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 21, 2013

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

On that note, what's the fastest way to get Pokemiles? Also, will the items just show up in my in-game inventory afterwards?

Wonder trade, at least that's where I've been getting mine. It's also great for getting rid of excess mons. As for the items you need to game sync again and there will be a delivery lady next to the PC.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

deadly_pudding posted:

Help me make a frivolous decision, goons :v:

When I go to ruin the Elite 4's day, should I tick on Prize Money Power, or Experience Power?

Prize Money Power, Experience power will make it easier than it already is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dehry posted:

3DS hacking in general isn't all that far along. There was a fundraiser to decap a 3DS to try and see what the insides look like and the bar seems to keep being raised for that. An exploit in firmware 4.1-4.5 was found, but the piracy device that uses it can't run Pokemon and Animal crossing because of their savescum prevention (but they're working on it, honest. Buy now $80.) There's also a 3DS save hack dongle and someone has managed to mess with Monster Hunter 4. There are also pictures out there of the legendary dogs.

Of them fighting or in the Pokedex? Because if it's the latter people in the cafe show you the legendary dogs for some reason.

• Locked thread