Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ground Floor of new thread :woop: Here's hoping that Gen 6 rocks (it will)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nethilia posted:

In the US it'll be midnight EST, so if you're West Coast, you can grab it at 9 pm.

I'll be late to the game, getting my (physical) cart bright and early Saturday morning. But then again, I probably won't go too far unless I can grab my game guide at the same time. Some people collect stamps. Some people collect heartbreak. I, among many things, collect Pokemon game guides. And then use them. Also, pretty pictures.

Yeah, I'm getting a physical copy too. Can't go without that sweet box to show off.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

E3 Keynote posted:

Did you upgrade your dumb mega bracelet thing? Also apparently it's time dependant. 8-9 PM.

Oh god it's Mew's truck all over again, but might actually be true. Gamefreak!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

You go with the fake Mew's Truck instead of the actual 'This pokemon can only be found rarely in four randomized tiles of water' or 'Have a party that starts with a Wailord and ends with a Relincanth to open this rock'?

Until the rumor is confirmed, it's Mew's truck to me :colbert:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Crosscontaminant posted:

Mega Manectric is still Electric-type and has Intimidate.

I literally burst out laughing when I saw this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Slate Action posted:

I drew Mega Starmie:

Needs more spikes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

On a different tack: if you are planning on picking up the game off the eShop tonight, for the love of god, put money in your account right now. People are going to be flooding not just the download servers but the account servers come midnight to download this thing, and you can take care of step one right now if you don't have $40 ready to go already. Do yourself a favor and get your money in place now, while the stress on the account servers isn't too severe.

Meanwhile, oh my god I need an Abra and a Houndour stat :3: gently caress I am getting Pokemon hype I have not felt this in a decade I just turned thirty what the hell is wrong with me and why am I admitting this on an internet forum.

I think most of us are adults. You are (not) alone.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
All pokemon are good and awesome.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Luvdisc. :colbert:

Luvdisc is awesome because it is love.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

That is badass! Yeah, I'm using one.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mav-san posted:

Can anyone give us some insight on the different Meowstic genders?

One is male, the other female. Hope this helps.

(Female looks cooler is all you need to know)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Feranon posted:

Eight more hours of work and I can finally go get this loving game.

My balls are Xerneas blue. Tell me friends, is it as beautiful as you're all making it seem? :negative:

It is better than we were saying.

E: FEMALE FINNIKEN ON FIRST TRY :woop::woop:!!!!!!!

mandatory lesbian fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 12, 2013

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Haha, I don't have a clue what I'm doing when it comes to the bottom screen. Though I do love the yospos Nice! button.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Holy poo poo the gym battle music is great!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The animation when Braixen uses ember is amazing!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DupaDupa posted:

What is a good way to raise a Pokemon's happiness? Would Pokemon-Amie work?

No, they track separate stats for some reason.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
There is no Hawlucha animation that isn't amazing. Put one on your team.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Who got a Goomy? I got a Goomy! Go Goomy go!

Yep, Goomy is as awesome as I thought she would be.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nakar posted:

Somebody gives you the stone for Ampharos shortly after you get surf.

poo poo, do you remember where? I'm pretty sure I missed this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Is it true that if I have a pokemon out that is going up against a wild pokemon that is a significantly lower level, I can just throw a pokeball out right away to capture it, even if its at full health?

I mean, you can, but it still probably won't work unless it is a quick ball.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Haha, just traded a Gulpin for a Drapion, wonder trades are the best idea Gamefreak ever had

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

A couple of minutes ago I wonder traded a Haunter and got a Bunnelby

Drapion is now an Ariados. I swear, the japanese are insanely nice when it comes to wonder trading.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

The Gym Leader battle theme is probably one of my favourite songs in the game so far

Agreed. The leader battle music is perfect for getting pumped up. Can't wait 'til the OST gets uploaded.

VVV listen with headphones, if you can.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

It's even thematically appropriate to the game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Holy crap the psychic gym :aaaaa:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

So I just activated the ultimate weapon and uhhh this is a POKEMON game right :stare: :stare:

edit: Also yes who IS this MYSTERIOUS person gosh I'm so confused, Lysander you idiot :rolleyes:

Pokemon: Evangelion Edition.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So do Japanese players hate everyone on wonder trade or something? I've sent 10 dratini out and every single japanese player has sent Pikachu or Flabebe while every other region seems to send random stuff.

I got a Drapion and an Ariados from Japan earlier today, so I will hear nothing bad said about our brothers and sisters to the (USA's) west.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So is there any reason to have a Dragon-type Pokemon if you also have a Fairy-type?

Goomy is a dragon type, as is Tyrunt. So yes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
You know, it's kind of bullshit that I can't sky battle when I have Hawlucha right there game, come on!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ojetor posted:

You can get Hawluchas in Route 10 and they can learn Cut, Strength, Rock Smash and Fly.

If your Hawlucha doesn't have Flying Press then you aren't worthy to use him :colbert:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

nerdbot posted:

God dammit, it was raining everywhere I went yesterday, but now I gotta evolve my Sliggoo and I can't find rain ANYWHERE. Fuckin evil. :mad:

I know how that feels, I just gave up. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
It's really strange that Pokemon of all things is at the forefront of progressive portrayals of minorities in video games, but I won't complain.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Back in White2 I caught a Reshiram and a Latias with quick balls. Master Balls are for chumps.

Gawddammit back in my day we had to use all 99 ultra balls and we liked it :corsair:

(Actually we surfed along a beach until making a deal with the devil {and maybe even catching him, too} to get infinite Master Balls)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
When the trainers message came up as "Modest Froakies!", I knew that today was gonna be a good day. And thanks to Shauna trading a Chespin, I now have all three starters, which brings me to my next question; where can I find a ditto so I can start spreading the wonder trade love?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Polka Balls has a Voltorb, and Starters has something going on in the yellow square above the Pokemon button that I haven't been able to decipher (the rest are the three starters making various expressions).

Is it supposed to be Froakie's beard? That's my best guess.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Do you guys suggest anything in particular to use my master ball on? Besides the tiny rear end chance I run into a shiny?

Mewtwo has a catch rate of three as do the legendary birds and Zygarde (most likely). I would think one of those would be best, I chose Mewtwo because that's what I did Gen 1.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Solus posted:

This picture explains how to make the best one.

Haha, "rape you to death". Some of that classic gamer humor so enjoyed about these parts.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ryoshi posted:

Your avatar/title is loving fantastic.

Are Fairy types good for much? I was never impressed with Clefable/Wigglytuff/whatever in the previous games, and I haven't played enough of the new one to know how they really fit in with everything else now.

Gardevoir is a loving house now. Klefki isn't bad either, but that's fully because of Prankster.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LeafyOrb posted:

Huh, Human Life vs. money well played pokemon, well played.

The Eternal Dilemma of Capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lessail posted:

Wearing a hat is the prerequisite for being a trainer!

I'm willing to bet this is canon.

• Locked thread