Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Crosscontaminant posted:

Mega Manectric is still Electric-type and has Intimidate.
I'm just going to pretend that doesn't exist, and go with the fact that the game now has Mega Manectric in it :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Sade posted:

Not sure I get why it matters, since you can only have one mega-evolved pokemon per team.
Since there are version exclusive Mega Stones, for you to use Aggronite or whatever, someone needs to trade you their very exclusive one-of-a-kind stone.. which very few people will actually do if you can't get more.

Also you might accidentally trade it away and then goodbye Megamawile forever :(

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

qnqnx posted:

Speaking of Manectric, has someone found out yet what happens when a Mega evolved pokemon uses moves like Trick/Switcheroo? I'm pretty much sure that various other megas also have access to those.

There are items that Trick doesn't work on, so it's probable that it just doesn't do anything.

quote:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trick_(move)

It fails if ... either Pokémon is holding Griseous Orb or Mail... It also fails if either Pokémon has Multitype and either of the swapped items is a Plate.

Trick will now succeed with a Griseous Orb as long as neither the user nor the target is Giratina.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is there gonna be a different thread for pokemon trading or will we just use this one? Between trade evos and version exclusive stones I suspect there'll be a lot of posts about it.

There's always a thread in Private Game Servers for trading.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Dehry posted:

You would think that all the starters would get megaevolitions. Right now with how early on the hacking scene is, it's still possible for them to keep things hidden until they decide to release it. That or all they have to do is push down a V1.1 update with new megaevolutions.
I'm expecting some sort of Fake GTS to come along pretty quickly, and if people get something like that going it's just a matter of editing what Pokemon or item is stored before sending it back :shobon:

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
Loving this game so much, and I'm not even to the second gym yet :allears:

There's one thing that bothers the hell out of me though, when you're in a battle and there's text on the screen, it covers your Pokemon's health bars and status. Not enough to really affect much, but I have to wait a few seconds at the start of every turn for it to go away so I can decide if I need to heal or not :(

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

Do all Safaris have the exact same pokemon over and over?

i.e. I added someone with a Frogadier in their safari, but all I'm getting are Male Torrent Frogadiers.

Serebii says:

quote:

With each person, you get up to three Pokémon within each specific area,
* with more Pokémon appearing should the person have defeated the Elite Four,
* with them getting Hidden Abilities if the player has been online at the same time as you.

It also appears that the Pokémon found within the Friend Safari have got two IVs of 31.
I think it's two Pokemon per area with +1 if they've beaten the Elite Four. I don't know how true the Hidden Abilities thing is, though.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
So this new Pokémon Global Link has pictures of all the Pokémon. So I did a thing where you can look up Pokémon ID number and Forme ID. Mega Evolutions count as a different Forme (so Charizard has formes 0,1,2), but they do not have different art, so Mega Charizard X looks like Charizard.

Pokédex spoilers, do not look if you want future surprises for stuff we haven't found yet:

There is no 719th Pokémon, if it existed it would be at that link.
All of the current Mega Evolutions have been found. I ran a script to check every Pokemon that has a second form, Pokemon with "--" in front just have regular, non-Mega Evolution forms. Only Charizard and Mewtwo have two Mega Evolutions.

Bonus pictures:
All Vivillion Formes
All Furfrou Formes

edit: fixed site, I'm so bad at javascript
edit2: Page edited to use higher res 300x300 art

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 16, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

VanSandman posted:

Amazing. I'd love to get all the art assets if someone would rip em and .zip em.
Now due to the way 3DS games can be patched, adding new mega evolutions down the line should totally be possible, right?
Well, ripping them isn't so easy, this is how they are stored. :(

MadiTC posted:

You do realize that all of those 'new' Mega Evolutions are just Pokemon that already had different formes right? Rotom has the appliances, Castform has the Weather Forms, Unown has all the letters of the alphabet, etc.?
Yes, that's why I said it's a list of second forms instead of Mega Evolutions. ;) Anything with -- in front is just a regular second form, I just included them for completeness.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Vegastar posted:

Hell, for all we know it'll just be patched in via update during a mystery gift just to keep us from mining the info at all.
Yeah, that's always a distinct possibility. They'd have to have some version-checking for local play though, so you can't play a guy who has a Pokemon that doesn't exist in your game.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Zeruel posted:

Do we know if we have a goonlist of Friend Safaris? I'd like to find someone who gets Dittos in theirs.
Check the second post of this thread.

VanSandman posted:

That's a simple fix though, when you connect with someone who has a version older than yours they get the update from you.
Yup, I'm pretty sure they did that with some other glitch. (The berry glitch in G/S? Maybe not..)

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Nickname Pending posted:

Man, that sucks. Is there anywhere to catch a Milotic?

Feebas/Milotic are waaaay up there on the list of "things people want". They're not available yet, I haven't heard of anyone's Friend Safari having them, and they aren't up on GTS.

Cottonee/Whimsicott's the same, I want one :(

Friend Safari's pretty trash, really. Most of the Pokemon in most people's Safaris are actually catchable in the base game. They're good for Hidden Abilities, but besides that.. :argh:

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 16, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Serebii found a Milotic in someone's Friend Safari (I think? I may be misremembering his list)

Oh, you're right. That's new :D http://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

There still aren't any Milotic or Feebas on GTS though. Must be pretty rare.

edit: Looks like the Global Link GTS page will show you what a Pokemon's typing is, which can be used for checking old Pokemon that aren't out yet:

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 16, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

nerdbot posted:

Also, just to clarify, with the previous Global Link it was completely impossible to upload event Pokemon to the Dream World if you hacked them before their introduction and tried tucking them in, because there was no Dream World art available for them.
Oh, I never heard about that, if that's true, good for Nintendo. I just wouldn't've expected them to have that much foresight :v:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I haven't picked up this game yet due to lack of funds but holy poo poo, I am having a hard time resisting after seeing Mega Medicham. Now I can bring my 31 attack and speed IV Adamant Medicham up from Platinum and give him more use :getin:
Just remember that you can't transfer Pokemon to Gen 6 until December.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

McDragon posted:

In case anybody was wondering, if a Pokemon transforms against a Mega Pokemon, they transform into the Mega. Incidentally, two Mega-Aggrons facing each other down looks pretty awesome.

Yeah, so if you're playing Doubles.. double Mega Whatever. :allears: If you're playing without Species Clause, hey, six. If you really want.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Hammerite posted:

This is not all that great since you have to spend a turn transforming each time you want another Mega after the "real" one.
Yeah, and you'd only have four moves to ever use, plus everything on your team would have the same weaknesses. It could still be a fun gimmick :)

I don't think you can transform into a transformed Ditto though, so you'd have to play carefully with your original.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Sedisp posted:

Use imposter?
Imposter only targets enemies, so you wouldn't be able to mimic your own Mega Pokemon with it. :(

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So I have beaten the game and uh...I'm curious...where was I supposed to get Rock Smash?

Ambrette Town, an NPC outside gives it to you just before you head off to the Glittering Cave.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Axle_Stukov posted:

So 4chan seems to have found 3 new Pokemon. Diancie (Rock/Fairy), Volcanion (Fire/Water), and Hoopa (Psychic/Ghost). It seems the GTS won't show you a Pokemon if you're asking for a Pokemon that doesn't exist, but people are asking for these 3 and the trades are appearing on the GTS.

You could actually check it by putting the GTS request up, then checking your GTS page on the Global Link whenever it updates - it shows Pokemon typing on that website, so unreleased Pokemon might still show up there.. It takes like half an hour to show up from what I've seen, though. If it's legit, that's probably how they know the types.

I thought of doing this to discover new Pokemon several days back, but.. there's a lot of different possibilites for Pokemon names. Kinda like brute-forcing a password, 'cept it'd take much longer since you'd have to wait for the PGL to update every time.

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 22, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
There's a Smogon post about attack pair typing over here. The only thing that resists Fighting/Ghost is the non-existent Normal/Ghost, which you could probably get by using Trick or Treat on a Normal type.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Rainuwastaken posted:

If I remember correctly, the whole reason the rumor about the undiscovered pokemon gained any traction was because of the way the GTS works. It was said that you can put up a request for Dongmaster if you want, but nobody will be able to find you on the GTS if they search. Apparently the ones Serebii "discovered" were able to be seen, so they're special somehow? I dunno, just saying what I've heard spewed to me previously. :confused:
I put up a Jigglypuff for Volcanion trade request, so if the GTS site is updated every hour (it says "10/22/2013 04:00 PM"), we'll find out in three minutes.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Crosscontaminant posted:

As I recall, the other thing about the claimed undiscovered Pokémon is that they'll be spellchecked whereas fake ones won't (e.g. "VOLCANION" gets corrected to "Volcanion" whereas "PIKABLU" remains as is).

Oh yeah, my game does say "Pokemon you want: Volcanion" when I typed in VOLCANION. That's a good eye, if people want to try running through every possible name, it'll speed things right up.

..site still hasn't updated, last update still over an hour ago. Gamefreak :argh:

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Kurieg posted:

Didn't someone write a program that trawled through the image folder on the GTS and only found images up through Zygarde's index? They might not have those images up because they aren't legitimately obtainable yet.
Yup, I did that. It doesn't matter if their images are up -- people supposedly found typing for these Pokemon, and that site is where you find the typing. You can't find them out through the in-game GTS, so if the new Pokemon are legitimate (and they appear to be since the game lowercases their names), they should show up on the site.

I can also get the Pokedex numbers for the Pokemon when the site updates (that's how the image filename is generated). I'd need a couple people to sit on a request for HOOPA and DIANCIE with a public PGL GTS page until the site updates, though.

edit: Site updated! Here are the results. :)

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Cernunnos posted:

Your thing updated. Says "Incorrect Pokemon name". :v:
Yeah... so how the gently caress do people know those typings? Better yet, how do people know those Pokemon names, all three at once? Sounds like a leak.. You ain't just gonna randomly throw in "Diancie" or "Volcanion" into the GTS, and if they were brute forcing it, we'd likely have heard of one of them before now.

As said before, putting up a request for PIKABLU retains the same name, without capitalization changes. Requesting DIANCIE does lower it to Diancie, putting up VOLCANION does lower it to Volcanion, HOOpa does become proper cased as Hoopa.

This is also proof that Nintendo ain't stupid when it comes to their GTS site. Too bad :(

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Crosscontaminant posted:

Serebii apparently had unlinked data pages for them which got taken down minutes after people found them.

Well, that looks real enough at least, considering 719 720 721 icon .pngs still exist (although blank). 722's a 404 though.

He also has full images for all numbers up to 800 (but not 801), too, but those are likely placeholders.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
FYI, software patch 1.1 is out on the eShop. 229 blocks.

quote:

An update is available for Pokemon X and Y, of course.

This update fixes a bug related to resuming your game after saving game data in Lumiose City.
It also improves the filtering feature within the Global Trade Station (GTS).

ed: You'll know if it worked because the save game load screen will say "Ver 1.1" in the corner on the bottom screen.

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Oct 25, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

LeafyOrb posted:

If anyone's having trouble finding it on the e-shop's asinine layout there's a QR code on Serebii that takes you straight there.

I just went to the eShop and a box popped up saying there's updates for my software so I clicked it and it took me there :confused:

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

treeboy posted:

I see people mentioning Protean Greninja. How are we supposed to obtain one if we didn't get the ability at the very start of the game?

The Friend Safari in the post-game lets you capture Pokemon with their hidden abilities, and Froakies (well, Frogadiers) are obtainable from there.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Anatharon posted:

Is there a way to rename Pokemon people have traded you? Back in HeartGold I was traded a pretty rare pokemon but it's name is in allcaps and it bugs me, and in HeartGold you can't rename traded pokemon.
Noooooooooope. You'll probably never be able to, either. If you're strictly talking about a Pokemon you're planning on transferring up from HeartGold, you might be able to use FakeGTS in GenV to upload it to PC, use Pokesav to modify the name, then transfer it back before you upload it to XY. Other than that, you're outta luck.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

cancerianmoth posted:

Ok, from what it looks like. Clefable the fairy pokemon, can not learn fairy attack moves. Not even Moonblast? GF.... :negative:

Clefairy learns Moonblast at 46, Clefable (and Clefairy) can have Dazzling Gleam TM'd onto it.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Scher posted:

So I know there's the rock store in Luminose that sells leaf, fire, and water stones, but is there a good way to get the other stones? If I become more fashionable, will the rock store sell me more stuff? I could really use stuff like shiny and dusk stones, but I can't find them anywhere.

You get 'em from Super Training once you have a Pokemon with maximum EVs. Serebii's got the details.

quote:

Secret Super Training
Watch Out! That's One Tricky Second Half: Dusk Stone
An Opening of Lightning-Quick Attacks!: Shiny Stone

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

cancerianmoth posted:

Really? Oh that's good. Guess none of the major guides updated that yet. Phew
It's over on Serebii's Clefable page, CTRL-F for Moonblast and it's under "Pre-Evolution Only Moves". Pretty much everywhere except Serebii is kinda crap right now and will be for the foreseeable future.

treeboy posted:

how do we view this? on 3ds or on global link website?
3DS, get the VS. Recorder in the post-game and punch the code in there.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
I heard that they show up in the Pokedex if you go to Pokemon Location, but I haven't actually tried it myself so I can't confirm v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
Looks like Pokemon hacking is starting to take off. A fellow over at Project Pokemon by the name of codemonkey85 has released a very barebones .pkx file editor. In addition, people have figured out how to inject encrypted .pkx files (.bin) into the "incoming Wonder Trade" packet data. There's pretty much a full guide on how to do this over at GBAtemp ed: assuming you know how to do things like packet injection/sniffing. You need a WLAN dongle, it seems, which I don't have so I can't do this myself.

Now, I'm not saying use this to cheat and get impossible abilities or movesets or stats.. but we should be able to get info on Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion, and any other Pokemon past that. Once a .pkx editor comes out that supports items, we should also be able to check out any new mega stones that we don't know about yet. Of course, this is assuming that this extra data is actually in the game and not just gonna be patched in at a later point - it's pretty likely though, since Blazikenite would have to be in the game data to get it via Mystery Gift.

...but most importantly, we can get a Whimsicott then start breeding them to get them out into the wild :swoon:

ed: if someone wants to try this I stole a snorlax.pkx example out of that Project Pokemon thread and made a handful of .bins out of it, just changed the ID of Snorlax to 719/720/721 and 547 (Whimsicott :ssh:). I don't want to recommend trying beyond 721 because who knows what would happen if you got Wonder Traded a Pokemon that doesn't exist, but if you want to make your own .pkx and give it a shot, go ahead. I think you're supposed to replace the [bracketed] section on the GBATemp diagram of a Wonder Trade packet with the contents of the .bin file.

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 30, 2013

• Locked thread