Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

cant cook creole bream posted:

She's a great actress and I really enjoyed her work on Orphan Black. To bad the overarching story of that show really went up its own rear end. I rarely just stop watching shows, but that one was just tedious at some point.
Allison becoming a crime mom and Donnie being a blundering wreck of a person was fun, though.

Yeah I stayed with it the whole run but it definitely got really bad near the end. Alison and Donnie, however, consistently got better. There was legit one time where I forgot it was the same actress between her and Cosima

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We have our directors confirmed for Ms Marvel. Good stuff.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1307066890024607746

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
bad boys was the worst movies ive seen in years so i hope they arent on too many eps

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

bad boys was the worst movies ive seen in years so i hope they arent on too many eps

They're running the show. And bad boys for life is good anyway.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Bad Boys For Life is the best movie of 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cant cook creole bream posted:

I know that Netflix used the character up and spit her out, but I kinda want to see Hellcat being her bestie. Just ignore that whole mess ever happened.

I know everyone hates Kate Leth now but her version is the only decent version of the character there has ever been.

Also them saying an Alison Brie type makes me wonder if they tried to get her, but she turned them down. She's always been my ideal Spider-Woman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

I know everyone hates Kate Leth now but her version is the only decent version of the character there has ever been.

Also them saying an Alison Brie type makes me wonder if they tried to get her, but she turned them down. She's always been my ideal Spider-Woman.

Is Spider-Woman Sony or Marvel?

Also, Ms. Marvel is gonna be weird since she's a legacy character for a version of Carol Danvers that doesn't exist in that universe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's fine because that version of Carol sucks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

That's fine because that version of Carol sucks.

Aside from the story that shall not be named most of what I've read of her Ms. Marvel years was fine to decent. I had a girlfriend years and years ago who liked the first Essential Ms. Marvel collection.

Although this is just based on her solo stuff and X-Men, the only books I've read titled Avengers that had Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel were written by Bendis.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Its going great for Caity Lotz.

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/1307159095862939648

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Although this is just based on her solo stuff and X-Men, the only books I've read titled Avengers that had Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel were written by Bendis.

Her 00s ongoing series starts off... fine, I guess, but then it gets to this weird story about the Puppet Master who was controlling superheroines so he could rent them out in a story as gross as it sounds even if it's not explicit and I just stopped. Apparently some regard it fondly for the bit where she takes Arana under her wing, not unlike Carol's done with Hazmat now, but I don't think it's worth it.

So great she apparently deleted it and has an apology about wanting to spread love but it accidentally having the opposite effect, so one can only imagine what she said.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It wasn't like an offensive post or anything like that but this is definitely not the time to be posting wishy washy reach across the aisle bullshit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/kellyolsens/status/1307165183391956993?s=19

Just for the tweet that was deleted, not the argument about the painting.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 19, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That tweet also has a screenshot of what she said.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Once white people realize that their level of wealth is going to be this high for the forseeable future, they suddenly think that everything can't be that bad, and we can all just get along! I've never had a problem with nazis, so they can't be that bad!

Also its not hard to have Kamala say "I'm not in the military, but i am an woman of undetermined marital status, so I can be Ms Marvel!" or something not terrible.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

https://twitter.com/kellyolsens/status/1307165183391956993?s=19

Just for the tweet that was deleted, not the argument about the painting.

I'm the arguably worse John birch society just below the kkk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Is Spider-Woman Sony or Marvel?

Also, Ms. Marvel is gonna be weird since she's a legacy character for a version of Carol Danvers that doesn't exist in that universe.

Jessica Drew is Marvel. Ultimate Jessica Drew is Sony.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
no one involved with this show is ever going to admit it, but I'm fairly confident in guessing that Marvel Studios requested that Hulu take the Marvel branding off the show because it's a holdover from a division of Marvel that effectively no longer exists and they didn't want to muddy the waters for any of the Disney+ shows

https://twitter.com/helstrom/status/1306989258348072963

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm the arguably worse John birch society just below the kkk.

It's an artwork depicting the history of battles over free speech in America, it's not an endorsement.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Barry Convex posted:

no one involved with this show is ever going to admit it, but I'm fairly confident in guessing that Marvel Studios requested that Hulu take the Marvel branding off the show because it's a holdover from a division of Marvel that effectively no longer exists and they didn't want to muddy the waters for any of the Disney+ shows

https://twitter.com/helstrom/status/1306989258348072963

I'd be fine with them saying "Okay we'll bring Cloak and Dagger back but it can't say Marvel anywhere".

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/wandavision/status/1307847723127771136?s=21

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That looks amazing. I love the crappy Halloween Vision costume.

I had no idea that Kathryn Hahn was playing Agatha Harkness.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 21, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That looks good.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That trailer ruled. Very odd in a way that makes me want to watch it just to figure out what the heck is going on. Plus I love MCU Wanda and will never apologize for it even if her accent is different in literally every appearance.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I would not be surprised if Black Widow is being delayed to next year and FatWS is being delayed after it for plot/casting reasons, not just its own production delays. Sigh

https://twitter.com/brandondavisbd/status/1307867259520593922?s=21

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Barry Convex posted:

I would not be surprised if Black Widow is being delayed to next year and FatWS is being delayed after it for plot/casting reasons, not just its own production delays. Sigh

https://twitter.com/brandondavisbd/status/1307867259520593922?s=21

They are still writing FatWS? I thought they just needed to film a few scenes and do special effects/post production work.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There are rumors that characters from Black Widow show up in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

There are rumors that characters from Black Widow show up in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Yeah, there’s speculation and/or rumor that Taskmaster and/or Yelena Belova will appear in some capacity. Could be wrong but strikes me as fairly plausible

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whoa, I had no idea what WandaVision was supposed to be and still don't after that trailer, but it definitely makes me want to find out

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

having it open in a 4:3 aspect ratio was a nice touch.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Medullah posted:

I'd be fine with them saying "Okay we'll bring Cloak and Dagger back but it can't say Marvel anywhere".

I mean, I'd accept that...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Normally the ScreenRant Easter egg vids are clearly made for people who don't have a good depth of knowlage of the subject matter or don't want to go through a video frame by frame, but a good catch I didn't see anyone else mention is the wine in the 50s segment is called House of M in French.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

twistedmentat posted:

Normally the ScreenRant Easter egg vids are clearly made for people who don't have a good depth of knowlage of the subject matter or don't want to go through a video frame by frame, but a good catch I didn't see anyone else mention is the wine in the 50s segment is called House of M in French.

I’ve seen it mentioned in all the breakdowns I’ve seen, but it’s certainly not something I would have realized without someone else pointing it out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Klungar posted:

I’ve seen it mentioned in all the breakdowns I’ve seen, but it’s certainly not something I would have realized without someone else pointing it out.

Probably because unless you knew French you wouldn't pick it up.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Supergirl ending after this season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadline is reporting that Supergirl is ending with the upcoming season. They're saying it was a mutual decision between the network, producers and Benoist.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Deadline is reporting that Supergirl is ending with the upcoming season. They're saying it was a mutual decision between the network, producers and Benoist.

Much like the Flash, I was too fast for you. I assume this has something to do with Superman & Lois? Not wanting to split the Kryptonian plots too thin across two shows?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It doesn't sound like there's a lot of crossover between the plots as Superman & Lois Lane will focus on them raising their sons in Smallville.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Klungar posted:

Much like the Flash, I was too fast for you. I assume this has something to do with Superman & Lois? Not wanting to split the Kryptonian plots too thin across two shows?

It's probably a combination of a show that old being expensive, covid cost cutting, and Benoist maybe wanting to spend more time with her kid than she could as the lead of a network drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It kinda sucks, but it also might honestly be for the best. Wouldn't necessarily say the show's glory days are long past, exactly, but it's still better to go out with a bang than a whimper.