Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It made their encounter with Coptain America pretty weird once you think about it, though.

Walker: "I'm taking this guy back to jail!"
Ayo: "GRR we have the jurisdiction here!" [ends up taking him back to jail]

The whole point of the scene seemed to be to force these characters to fight without being very particular about how it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I don't think capital punishment exists in Wakanda. Obviously they'll kill people when on a spy mission or in a military action, but having actually arrested someone they aren't gonna kill them.

The Wakandans have capital punishment but the judge has to defeat the accused and throw them off a cliff himself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

The Wakandans have capital punishment but the judge has to defeat the accused and throw them off a cliff himself.

No, that's there version of an election. They don't make every shoplifter fight a shop owner at the top of a waterfall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

No, that's there version of an election. They don't make every shoplifter fight a shop owner at the top of a waterfall.

Of course not, that's a misdemeanor.

Those you just fight on the spot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I don't think capital punishment exists in Wakanda. Obviously they'll kill people when on a spy mission or in a military action, but having actually arrested someone they aren't gonna kill them.

Yeah I guess I was just thinking of when T'Challa almost kills Klaw in the streets before Okoye points out that he's on camera or when T'Chaka kills his brother/Killmonger's dad. But I guess as long as it's official Black Panther stuff and not crime it's different?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well the latter sets up the entire consequences of the film and T'Challa actively shows mercy/cooperates with authority three times with Zemo (the killer of his father), M'Baku after challenging him, and Killmonger after the coup/battle. So while we really don't have any clear sense of Wakanda's legal system we do see that its most recent ruler seemed to lean away from capital punishment.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

Yeah I guess I was just thinking of when T'Challa almost kills Klaw in the streets before Okoye points out that he's on camera or when T'Chaka kills his brother/Killmonger's dad. But I guess as long as it's official Black Panther stuff and not crime it's different?

Yeah, that's spy poo poo and or military poo poo. It's not like Klaw ever tried to surrender.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is there some kind of high-tech meme generator out there for that scene or are there just an unusually high number of illustrators and good photoshoppers getting in on the action? Usually a meme is nothing better than a plain square crop of someone's pixelated face pasted onto a screencap with MSPaint.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

evolution is so beautiful

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Lobok posted:

Is there some kind of high-tech meme generator out there for that scene or are there just an unusually high number of illustrators and good photoshoppers getting in on the action? Usually a meme is nothing better than a plain square crop of someone's pixelated face pasted onto a screencap with MSPaint.

The art is so good it took me a minute to even realize it was supposed to be a parody and not just some actual comic panel.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Yeah they make em fight a squad of dora at the top of a waterfall

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

Yeah they make em fight a squad of dora at the top of a waterfall

Oh man what did I miss by skipping out on the live action Dora movie?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

Oh man what did I miss by skipping out on the live action Dora movie?

Boots goes for the throat. It's savage AF.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The contrast of the bright colors and clean art with the the hyper violent depiction of what a Superman could actually be would work for a limited series. Invincible went 144 issues.

I don't think it wants you to care about the individuals he saves though. That's why none of them are given any time. They don't give the soon to be killed bystanders the little peek into their lives moment so you feel bad when they die like most shows do. The only time the people about to be saved get a moment to endear themselves to the audience is the white house guards in episode 1, and that's probably because the show hasn't hit the 'twist' yet and is presenting itself as Young Justice.

They only exist for their impact on Mark and the other primary characters.

The first 5 minutes madd me think the show was about boring security guards

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Getting deja vu of a slightly better version of this

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Hahahaha, exceptional.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BSS started this poo poo with the Hal Jordan punching meme.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Double posting because Jupiter's Legacy is a trash fire of bad casting, poor acting, cheap costumes and lousy effects work.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Definitely a show that's firing at about 60%. The pulp adventure doesn't have enough pulp or adventure. The violent superheroics have been done better elsewhere. The family drama is... also a part of the show.

It's a well-balanced mix of ideas that are all, unfortunately, bland.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Wife and watched a few episodes last night and agree it feels like if CW tried to make a Snyder influenced property. In the "epic battle" with the Doomsday/Apocalypse/Darkseid expy, it was painfully obvious that they were shooting on a small soundstage and couldn't be more than 10 feet away from each other at any time.

Also it's a Mark Millar project so the politics are guaranteed to be distressingly all over the place and ultimately probably bad

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

It's real weird seeing this in a different art style.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Double posting because Jupiter's Legacy is a trash fire of bad casting, poor acting, cheap costumes and lousy effects work.

Aw. The comic is like the one thing I mostly enjoyed of Millar's in the last... good while, at least.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Stretching two issues of story into 6 hours of tv was pretty impressively bad i have to say

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I haven't read JL2 in ages but the shows expansion of the origin felt extremely needless.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I need to know more about this cartoon clock.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Son of Cogsworth, Beauty & the Beast tie-in.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Imagine if you will, Odinson, four balls on the edge of a cliff...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

X-O posted:

Loki and Don't Hug Me I'm Scared are taking place in the same universe.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Maybe it's the Jurassic Park DNA cartoon character but for Time?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Disney execs studied the success of Wandavision and decided the public wants, nay demands more surrealist retro advertisements in their Marvel shows.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I watched that Jupiter's Legacy and it was alright I guess. Wasn't a big fan of the way they handled the flashbacks. I've never read the comics so I wasn't sure what to expect, parts of it I liked but parts of it baffled me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I enjoyed the show well enough but it was structurally a mess and took long to get to an obvious conclusion. The season finale was such a wet fart for me as a result.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/steveagee/status/1392943286667546625?s=20

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

I kind of love how they are banking on Peacemaker being the breakout star of the movie.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Hey, John Cena talking about how many dicks he's willing to suck for America ticks a lot of boxes for people.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

I kind of love how they are banking on Peacemaker being the breakout star of the movie.

Well I mean, Harley can't breakout twice.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

There is a very good chance every surviving character will be a breakout star.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If Bautista is any indication, James Gunn works very well with professional wrestlers. I’d love to see him work with The Rock on something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For those who haven't been keeping up with the Arrowverse this week's Batwoman introduced Stephanie Brown. They have her as a 20-something and she was involved with the episode's story due to the Cluemaster escaping from prison and trying to get her to join up with him. She might show up again as she was positioned as a love interest for Luke Fox.