Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hatelull posted:

Is this where the Mephisto joke happens?

Nah with Moon Knight it's either Bushman or Nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Figure we're less likely to see Bushman ever bothered with, what with his story basically being "What if Klaw was way less interesting" and they already did Klaw so.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm just hoping they get to the superheroics early on and it's not 5 episodes of "who am I what is happening to me" and one episode of actual Moon Knight

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Opopanax posted:

I'm just hoping they get to the superheroics early on and it's not 5 episodes of "who am I what is happening to me" and one episode of actual Moon Knight

Have you not been watching the D+ shows so far?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah that vampires not going to surf until the end

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

I can still hope! They've broken formula before

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting old and all the drinking I did in my twenties and thirties killed my brain, so I googled Jennifer Beals since the Boba Fett thread is in love with her to see where I knew her name from. IMDB says she was in a Swamp Thing series in 2019. I have no memory of this and would have watched it. Was it a CW thing? Was it any good?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Opopanax posted:

I can still hope! They've broken formula before

Yeah, Hawkeye was Hawkeye right away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soonmot posted:

I'm getting old and all the drinking I did in my twenties and thirties killed my brain, so I googled Jennifer Beals since the Boba Fett thread is in love with her to see where I knew her name from. IMDB says she was in a Swamp Thing series in 2019. I have no memory of this and would have watched it. Was it a CW thing? Was it any good?

It was on the DC streaming service. It was also canceled before it even began airing.

I didn't care for it, there was potential but the adapted the Anatomy Lesson in the most disappointing and lackluster way. What should have been world shattering information was met with a shrug.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rhyno posted:

It was on the DC streaming service. It was also canceled before it even began airing.

close, but not exactly. the season order was cut from 13 to 10 episodes late in production, but it was actually cancelled in between the airing of the first and second episodes.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
i thought the DCU Swamp Thing show was... OK. I would've watched more if it continued but don't feel like we lost much of anything with its cancellation

The order getting cut at the last minute really showed; the last episode had a perfunctory scene at the end that was I guess intended to give some sort of closure, but several subplots end very abruptly, and there were some hints about Anton Arcane showing up (I assume that he would've been set up as the season 2 villain had the full 13 episodes been produced) that never went anywhere

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

FoneBone posted:

i thought the DCU Swamp Thing show was... OK. I would've watched more if it continued but don't feel like we lost much of anything with its cancellation

The order getting cut at the last minute really showed; the last episode had a perfunctory scene at the end that was I guess intended to give some sort of closure, but several subplots end very abruptly, and there were some hints about Anton Arcane showing up (I assume that he would've been set up as the season 2 villain had the full 13 episodes been produced) that never went anywhere

I would also guess that Floronic Man was intended to be the antagonist of the last few episodes of the season and not merely a post-credits tease in the finale

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Rhyno posted:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

FoneBone posted:

that is disappointing.

For moon knight, how many people are going to be upset that he's not high on ketamine the entire time? I love Moon Knight, he and Darkhawk are my favorite d-listers, but I gotta think that there are more folks who know him through the memes than the comicss

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I had never heard of the Moon Knight memes until this thread. I was a fan of Moon Knight from his original appearances in Werewolf by Night

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I have a special place in my heart for Moon Knight because he was in Amazing Spider-Man #358, the first ASM I bought as a young lad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

I have a special place in my heart for Moon Knight because he was in Amazing Spider-Man #358, the first ASM I bought as a young lad.

Without checking, was that the Round Robin arc?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Without checking, was that the Round Robin arc?

You know it. Not only my first comic but part 6 (I think) of the arc so it was nice and confusing.

Edit - I bought it because my first comics were Punisher books and he was in it too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

You know it. Not only my first comic but part 6 (I think) of the arc so it was nice and confusing.

Edit - I bought it because my first comics were Punisher books and he was in it too.

That was my first ASM arc! I bought part 1 because Darkhawk was on the cover!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

That was my first ASM arc! I bought part 1 because Darkhawk was on the cover!

TWINSIES

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I was like seven when that came out and I will never forget the title of one of the parts of that story was "A Bagel With Nova" and it looked like Spider-Man was shouting it dramatically

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I think you mean TRIPLETS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That arc was my first real jump into Marvel. I'd been buying Darkhawk only at that point. Nova, Night Thrasher, Moon Knight and the Punisher! Good times!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Karma Tornado posted:

I was like seven when that came out and I will never forget the title of one of the parts of that story was "A Bagel With Nova" and it looked like Spider-Man was shouting it dramatically

Rhyno posted:

That arc was my first real jump into Marvel. I'd been buying Darkhawk only at that point. Nova, Night Thrasher, Moon Knight and the Punisher! Good times!

Yeah I didn't get into comics until around 8th grade, and started buying the Punisher from a store near me (Punisher War Journal #34! How do I remember that?"). Punisher to Spider-Man to X-Men. Punisher was a gateway drug.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I also had that comic and was introduced to Moon Knight through that arc. But it was because I was a hardcore New Warriors reader so I was there for that sweet Night Trasher crossover!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That might be the loudest phrase Spider-Man has ever shouted. Like it easily eclipses Gwen's death when he yells that he's going to kill Green Goblin.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lobok posted:

That might be the loudest phrase Spider-Man has ever shouted. Like it easily eclipses Gwen's death when he yells that he's going to kill Green Goblin.

Bagels are a much bigger deal in NYC than the rest of the country realizes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ok so I've re-ordered the list in light of this new info. You may not like it but sorry, just posting facts here.

1. Black Bolt
2. Bagel-Man
3. Banshee
4. Screaming Mimi
5. Angar the Screamer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry, but this is wrong. Bag-El Man is Superman's third cousin, NOT a Marvel character.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Endless Mike posted:

Sorry, but this is wrong. Bag-El Man is Superman's third cousin, NOT a Marvel character.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah I didn't get into comics until around 8th grade, and started buying the Punisher from a store near me (Punisher War Journal #34! How do I remember that?"). Punisher to Spider-Man to X-Men. Punisher was a gateway drug.

oh yeah, gimme dem Bagley Calves.

I actually started with Spectacular Spidey just because it was on the spinner rack and ASM wasn't that day. Jumping from "The Child Within" to "Round Robin" was some whiplash

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

God, he's shouting it even more dramatically than I remembered. that was the era where Bagley was doing two issues of Amazing a month, too; even if it was just breakdowns or layouts that's still absolutely bananas.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm imagining Rosen to Emberlin like "I'm supposed to fill this gigantic balloon with just this?" and Emberlin's like "Eh, that's what Bagley gave me" and Emberlin asks Bagley who's like "That's what it's in Milgrom's script, man" and the finished page gets to Milgrom finally and he's just "What the gently caress is this?"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Karma Tornado posted:

God, he's shouting it even more dramatically than I remembered. that was the era where Bagley was doing two issues of Amazing a month, too; even if it was just breakdowns or layouts that's still absolutely bananas.

I disliked Bagley as a teenager, and yet I love it when he shows up in a Spidey title now. He and McFarlane were my only two unsuccessful autograph attempts back then

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Round Robin was my second trade paperback after Maximum Carnage.

I got McFarlane’s autograph at a convention when he was touring around the lifesize Spawnmobile, but I have no recollection of what he signed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Karma Tornado posted:

Hell, even in the 2000s he was doing like 15 issues of Ultimate a year and I don't think he missed a deadline.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Peacemaker episode 4: Vigilante's stock is on the rise

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Peacemaker episode 4: Vigilante's stock is on the rise

I just bought this collection on eBay for an incredible deal, and they arrived the other day. I already owned the one trade paperback with issues #1-11, and this lot contains #14-50, up to the end of the series.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Peacemaker: "Which one of you dumb, sister-loving, tiki torch-carrying Sloths-from-The-Goonies-lookin’ pieces of poo poo wants to go next?"

:allears:

He looked so delighted to be beating them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Peacemaker: "Which one of you dumb, sister-loving, tiki torch-carrying Sloths-from-The-Goonies-lookin’ pieces of poo poo wants to go next?"

:allears:

He looked so delighted to be beating them up.

It was cool seeing Vigilante is actually super competent when he's not trying to impress Peacemaker. He's not just comic relief, he's way better at this than Peacemaker is.