Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Last week's Batwoman finally explicitly explained what happened with Dig. Apparently the box with the ring closed right after he found it and then he couldn't get it open again. That's it.

hahahaha

good riddance to the Arrowverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
now that i've caught up on peacemaker the vigilante actor is extremely the low rent adam sandberg like jesse eisenberg is to michael cera

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

now that i've caught up on peacemaker the vigilante actor is extremely the low rent adam sandberg like jesse eisenberg is to michael cera

Wait, you think Cera is the better version?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You don't think that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Having seen the bulk of each actors work

No.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Uhmm, yeah. I like Michael Cera, but Jesse Eisenberg is a better actor.

They're also a lot more different as actors than most people think.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Wait, you think Cera is the better version?

i used to think the jesse might be a slightly offbeat version who was trying, but then i watched zombieland 2 and realized that if you take him out of a movie where everyone else in the cast is trying to carry him he is absolutely abysmal

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

site posted:

I hope you mean Andy Samberg and not Adam Sandler.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gunn said he viewed Vigilante kind of like Michael Scott and that's when things really clicked for me. Like normally he's this weird awkward thing like God spilled a person but then you get these small moments of empathy and how he's actually really good at certain things (for Michael it's sales and being good with kids, for Vigilante it's beating up Neo-Nazis and sniping).

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

site posted:

I saw him similar to Aaron Taylor-Johnson in Kick-rear end. But obviously before he got jacked and unrecognizable for Tenet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I hope you mean Andy Samberg and not Adam Sandler.

Whatever. The Brooklyn 99 guy

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

Whatever. The Brooklyn 99 guy

Ohhhhh, you mean

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

He is like a more in shape Boyle?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

site posted:

Stroma was seemingly cast against type here; haven't seen him in much but my impression is that he more often plays heartthrob roles. he's pretty good here, though

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He played a total bastard in 4 3 2 1.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

He played a total bastard in 4 3 2 1.

TELL US WHAT IT IS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO COUNT DOWN FOR A DRAMATIC REVEAL

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

TELL US WHAT IT IS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO COUNT DOWN FOR A DRAMATIC REVEAL

I had a funny retort but I remembered that Noel Clark is a rapey piece of poo poo so it stopped being funny.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

Last week's Batwoman finally explicitly explained what happened with Dig. Apparently the box with the ring closed right after he found it and then he couldn't get it open again. That's it.

I'm so glad I dropped everything but Legends, and that barely happens in the Arrowverse anymore.

Shonen Waifu
Jun 29, 2003

Idea: Disney+ MCU show that's basically a galactic BBC's Planet Earth narrated by The Gardener

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shonen Waifu posted:

Idea: Disney+ MCU show that's basically a galactic BBC's Planet Earth narrated by The Gardener

They already have one with The Grandmaster

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Edit Wrong thread.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jan 27, 2022

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
At the beginning of Peacemaker I thought Murn would be Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger but I guess not which is a shame. I know the spoiler for him but he just kept giving me that vibe, what with him being a highly trained killer trying to make amends and find his humanity.

Anyway latest episode is awesome.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm torn between my desire for more multimedia Bronze Tiger and my reluctance to accept anyone other than Michael Jai White in the role, even though I didn't actually watch his appearances on those CW shows, because y'know... one good casting decision doesn't offset everything else

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm torn between my desire for more multimedia Bronze Tiger and my reluctance to accept anyone other than Michael Jai White in the role, even though I didn't actually watch his appearances on those CW shows, because y'know... one good casting decision doesn't offset everything else

You should at least just watch the Bronze Tiger episodes. IIRC Green Arrow uses a boxing glove arrow in his first appearance and then the next time he shows up it's when Oliver Queen has been exposed as Green Arrow/Arrow/The Hood and is in jail because he killed a lot of people that first season and there's a prison riot where they team up and it's really loving cool.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

James Gunn said he thinks Peacemaker may get a 2nd season and he has pitched another series to hbo.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I hope so and I hope the second show is Vigilante

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I know it's not likely, but my hope is for a Weasel horror-comedy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Toxic Avengers

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I AM GRANDO posted:

Toxic Avengers

Hell yeah

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I AM GRANDO posted:

Toxic Avengers

Renner, Johansson, and Ruffalo?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What did Ruffalo do?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He tried to erase Jim Carrey's memory.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inkspot posted:

He tried to erase Jim Carrey's memory.

I wan the opposite. Erase Jim Carrey from my memory.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

What did Ruffalo do?

He’s a truther.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

He’s a truther.

Ehh, as long as he's not one of the "all the Jews got a call to not show up that day" truthers I don't care that much about it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I just finished re reading Y the Last Man and due to weird streaming rules and such I wasn't able to watch the one and only season of the show. Did they do everything right? Did they do everything wrong? Was it really bad? Was it actually good but no one saw the potential? Should I be sad that there is no more seasons?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Madkal posted:

I just finished re reading Y the Last Man and due to weird streaming rules and such I wasn't able to watch the one and only season of the show. Did they do everything right? Did they do everything wrong? Was it really bad? Was it actually good but no one saw the potential? Should I be sad that there is no more seasons?

I only got two episodes in but my impression was that they had a really, really long term plan for the show because it is slooooowwww.

And as far as weird streaming rules go... That's what a VPN is for. ;)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Ehh, as long as he's not one of the "all the Jews got a call to not show up that day" truthers I don't care that much about it.

He is not. He was an outspoken "Bush did it and the government knew it was happening" truther. Then his brother was murdered in a mysterious and unsolved way.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

He is not. He was an outspoken "Bush did it and the government knew it was happening" truther. Then his brother was murdered in a mysterious and unsolved way.

Oh, that's fine then. I don't think Bush ordered it, or even knew about it, but I think people in his administration knew something was gonna happen and did nothing to prevent it because it would be politically useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, honestly at this stage that particular brand of 9/11 trutherism is both somewhat quaint and not terribly pernicious, at least in relation to the plethora of other mainstream conspiracy theories