Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

theironjef posted:

It was one of the two survivors of a Hulu set of four shows that were supposed to do a series merge like the Defenders, right? Everything else was already canceled or nearly cancelled?

you might be thinking of the animated shows, of which two (Howard the Duck and Tigra/Dazzler) and the crossover special were cancelled.

however, you're not entirely wrong, because Helstrom was also supposed to connect in some fashion with Ghost Rider and possibly some other never-announced horror-themed Hulu series, although nothing was ever specified in that regard beyond Jeph Loeb calling the whole thing "Adventure into Fear" after the 70s Marvel series in one or two interviews (you can read one of them here; suffice it to say that it aged very poorly)

edit: I missed that Wikipedia had an article on the whole Adventure into Fear thing, which seems to sum it up fairly well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_into_Fear_(planned_franchise)

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mr Hootington posted:

I am watching all of the CW shows now. Arrow takes a real nosedive in season 4 and flash season 2 can be rocky. Supergirl is really fun and good.

I hate Damian darhk

That might be the worst year overall for the Arrowverse.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Medullah posted:

Spoken clearly by someone who doesn't watch Legends of Tomorrow.

Legends doesnt start for 6 or 7 more episodes.

I am dragging my wife along and she has started to hate the shows.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

I am watching all of the CW shows now. Arrow takes a real nosedive in season 4 and flash season 2 can be rocky. Supergirl is really fun and good.

I hate Damian darhk

Arrow Season 4 really is awful, but Season 5 is the best since Season 2. Then I fell out of watching it early in 6.

Flash Season 2 has its moments, but nothing will ever come close to Season 1.

Legends is pure joy, and the only Arrowverse show I still watch, aside from the annual crossover event. Most people hate Season 1 because it spent so much time on so many awful characters, but it also had the best (my favorite) character. And it does a lot to rehabilitate Damien Darhk.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think this was the period where I dropped the Arrow-verse entirely myself. I know that the shows apparently got better in the next seasons or something, but I couldn't be bothered to start watching again :effort:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Season 4 of Arrow is absolutely where I decided to hop off. Felicity became pretty insufferable and after all that time building Laurel into a good character, they killed her off. Why? WHY

There were other issues, but those two were just bad.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Damien Darhk, Arrow season 4

Damien Darhk, Legends of Tomorrow season 5

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Argue posted:

Damien Darhk, Arrow season 4

Damien Darhk, Legends of Tomorrow season 5

This is beautiful.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
return of the mack plays softly in the distance

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blockhouse posted:

return of the mack plays softly in the distance

For the uninitiated

https://youtu.be/EuDxVgZ_jh8

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Damien on Legends gave us an adult version of his daughter Nora who was an absolute treat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Also Damien on Legends gave us an adult version of his daughter Nora who was an absolute treat.

Courtney Ford is awesome and has amazing comedic timing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Dahrk in Arrow was such a nothing character. All we knew about him was that Ras al Ghul was scared of him for some reason and he....did stuff? It really felt like a character that people kept saying was the biggest bad ever and that should have been enough.
Season 3 and 4 of Arrow were stupidly dire (the only saving grace of season 4 was the introduction of team Arrow - Wild Dog forever) but the show finally got better in season 5. Season 3 was the most meandering and unneededly convoluted.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Having watched the relevant seasons of Arrow, Legends and also Justified in quick succession my dad was truly sick of Neal McDonough for a while. Even if he's fun in the last two, Dad was quite ready to move on to another character actor villain for the love of God.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Neal fuckin rules.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Neal fuckin rules.

I was checking to see if there were any funny clips of him from that Street Fighter movie (no, not that one, the one everyone forgets exist) and I couldn't find any quickly, but I did find this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX64MYQ1_5w

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Sadly the only funny or even enjoyable thing about The Legend Of Chun-Li was the pure and childlike joy Michael Clarke Duncan has shooting a police station with a rocket launcher.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Too bad Neil is a CHUD

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ah gently caress, really?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

Ah gently caress, really?

Yeah. He has said some coded white supremacist poo poo too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Mr Hootington posted:

Too bad Neil is a CHUD

Oh. Oh no

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

I knew he was super-Catholic, like Mel Gibson level, but that's really disappointing to hear, especially having been so much fun on a show as diverse as Legends of Tomorrow.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

Sadly the only funny or even enjoyable thing about The Legend Of Chun-Li was the pure and childlike joy Michael Clarke Duncan has shooting a police station with a rocket launcher.

excuse me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I will fully cop to having a deep yet unexplainable bias against Chris Klein as an actor which sucked away even ironic enjoyment of those reads.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Doctor Spaceman posted:

That might be the worst year overall for the Arrowverse.

My viewing buddy and I bounced off Flash season 2 real hard. He kept up with Arrow, but I didn't.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you have any examples or is this a "friend of a friend heard it" thing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Diaz was the lowest point for me. Watching Arrow at this point was purely sunk cost.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Do you have any examples or is this a "friend of a friend heard it" thing

I'll be honest. I confused the incidents of boston irish catholic racist actor mark Walhberg as his. Sorry neal!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Neal's faith is very important to him so he's a little critical of some with that, but I spent a good amount of time looking for CHUD comments and didn't find anything.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm glad Dum-Dum Dugan is still a good guy.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I'll be honest. I confused the incidents of boston irish catholic racist actor mark Walhberg as his. Sorry neal!

how is this possible.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr Hootington posted:

Wait what? How? What?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Actually Neal did do those Cadillac commercials so he's at least chud adjacent

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

donal logue burned down black churches in the south, hosed up but true

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Alaois posted:

donal logue burned down black churches in the south, hosed up but true

Hey, Logue is Canadian. At least McDonough and Walburg are both flavors of Dorchester gutter trash. I guess they all look alike to some people.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
sorry, confused German actor Christoph Waltz with famous German politician Adolf Hitler

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The hawks suck and I have seen 2 episodes with them!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr Hootington posted:

The hawks suck and I have seen 2 episodes with them!

Hawkman is the worst in pretty much everything. Somehow Legends made him even worse.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Mulva posted:

Hey, Logue is Canadian. At least McDonough and Walburg are both flavors of Dorchester gutter trash. I guess they all look alike to some people.

Other than being born in Ottawa I can't find anything about Logue being particularly Canadian. Seems to have spent most of his childhood in Boston...

scary ghost dog posted:

sorry, confused German actor Christoph Waltz with famous German politician Adolf Hitler

Austrian politician Adolf Hitler.

That is all from you friendly neighbourhood pedant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Other than being born in Ottawa I can't find anything about Logue being particularly Canadian. Seems to have spent most of his childhood in Boston...

He's really from all over. Canada, Boston, the Southwest, California. But he holds Canadian citizenship, so I will default to calling that.

Unless he's currently done something cool, then I will say he's from Boston.